Official Match Thread Season 25 Round 3: Sin City Swamprats vs Baghdad Bombers at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_m8vm1gjkvF1qgo9ito1_500.gif

For this "intriguing" matchup we see a club who after a historic back to back premiership (seriously, what the * did we do wrong in the world to deserve a back to back premiership going to the Bombers) lurching from disaster to disaster, first with the very unfortunate nuking* of their captain to the sacking of Dawn to Dark, a key component of their S23, and S24 side. Compared to their opponents who are still existing I guess, come on Ant Bear be a team player and backstab another teammate.

In terms of simulated form, the Bombers have won one game, whilst the Rats are showing off the prowess that won them the spoon in S24, and are yet to win a game. To go more in depth the Bombers rank 9th in offensive prowess at 191 points, and tied 7th for defense, however unfortunately for all of us this is a team that's been there and done that. Swamprats on the other hand claim a slight victory in defense being 6th overall (and 1 point less than the Bombers/Gumbies), however boast the 2nd worst offense in the league.

Players to watch:

Bombers:
nahnah: Whilst he must be regretting jumping on what is now a sinking ship, this kid can be a classy operator. I look forward to him being the thing that causes the Hawks to collapse next season.
LicoriceAllsorts: Whilst most likely down in the dumps over losing his hero, LA has at least two premierships to his name and can be a gun qootballer.

Swamprats:
Better for all involved to just ignore them.

Tip:
Bombers by eleventy hundred.

Captains please post your team sheet with "Official Team Sheet" somewhere in the post before 11:59pm Thursday.

* I really want to stress that I totally didn't get a lot of kicks out of Haro being nuked, honest

Last edited:

Wow. I know I should be looking forward to this weeks match thread & the associated banter but I just can't wait to see what D2D does to the Gumbrellas first!

He'll most likely post. Sometimes others might even reply to him.

He'll most likely post. Sometimes others might even reply to him.
That is against Gumby rules and will not be tolerated.

Just wait till D2D finds out that he's joined a BC club... ;)

The first six posts, including the OP, have all mentioned, or made reference to, D2D...

TALK ABOUT ME!
I'd rather talk to KohPhi about team sheet errors and how to check for them :)

The first six posts, including the OP, have all mentioned, or made reference to, D2D...

TALK ABOUT ME!

Nice way to break the streak D2D lite.

TALK ABOUT ME!
Well I've talked enough about me: how about you talk about me for a while?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather it were less subtle. But yes, it’s a good start...

#sickofit

Hey.. just remember, under the #nodickhead policy Ive implemented, you're the next one after me to go pal! So watch it!

(I think...)

...Dawn to Dark wasn't even in the SFA in S23. Go back to school, Golumless...

That's ok, if you ask the Swamprats, neither was Golumless.

Hey.. just remember, under the #nodickhead policy Ive implemented, you're the next one after me to go pal! So watch it!

(I think...)
You can’t even concede that I’m a bigger dickhead than you! You know I am! Everyone knows I am! Just admit it.

Wait.

TALK ABOUT ME!
Ok.

Hey, you play under KohPhi right? What's he like? Is he as courageous & handsome up close as we all have been led to believe? Is it true he volunteers? Do you think he should bring out his own scent? What are your thoughts on re-naming the Bombers something more fierce? Like the Kohphinators or something?

Ok.

Hey, you play under KohPhi right? What's he like? Is he as courageous & handsome up close as we all have been led to believe? Is it true he volunteers? Do you think he should bring out his own scent? What are your thoughts on re-naming the Bombers something more fierce? Like the Kohphinators or something?

200w-4.gif

Ok.

Right! That’s it! I was gonna go easy on you...

But, you my friend, just made “the list”!

#sickofit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back