Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So both Blight and Cornes senior think Hinkley’s gameplan isn’t the way to go. I can see the wheels coming off real quick when things Hinkley has said come back to haunt him. What happens when he beers away from what he’s said at the convention? He’ll cop almighty hell and the pressure will ratchet up even further and Port just committed even more years to him! The convention was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen a football club do. Port have completely lost their way under Koch and Hinkley. This won’t end well.

If they capsize, Kockie will escape leaving the rest of them to drown like feral rats.

If he goes Port will get two first rounders, with at least 1 top ten. That gives them a decent shot at the classy SA lads coming through. With Rockliff and SPP we have Ollie type players in the wings. The signing of Rockliff may be a clue as to the club and Ollie's intentions.

I want him to stay, but it's not the end of the world if he leaves as he will be very highly prized.
Aren't they jetty pylons not prison bars ?

thats what i was always told
Me too
SANFL Board might know
Has nothing to do with AFL anyway

Collingwood got more copyright on that than Power Pete and his phake fotography

Not if its North Melbourne he heading too, a Club who could have one of the first 3 picks in this years Draft. Because Ollie would not be worth the 1st round pick or in that case a top 4 pick in this year's draft. As for the Preseason Draft if it the Saints, then him nominating a 1.2mil x 5-year deal put a lot of Clubs of.
However if its a club with the 1st round in teens them maybe they will trade. ie St Kilda. But again Port negotiating ability is hindered by the offer he would get and his ability to nominate for the preseason draft.

Need to remember Crows only got over's from Melbourne for Lever was because North had Money and importantly an Earlier pick in the Preseason Draft than Melbourne. so the Crows had Melbourne over the barrel.

Anyway have fun until he signs on because after all the s**t we have copped from you guys we certainly will be having fun.
Crows in: North 2018/1, 2018/2
North in: Melb 2018/1, Wines
Port in: Crows 2018/1

How long did it take you to come up with the absolutely least likely scenario possible, North will pay whatever it takes after missing out on the others last year? He wont be moving for less than a top ten and other first rounder. That's just a fact.

He's not a top 10 pick
None of your players are

So both Blight and Cornes senior think Hinkley’s gameplan isn’t the way to go. I can see the wheels coming off real quick when things Hinkley has said come back to haunt him. What happens when he beers away from what he’s said at the convention? He’ll cop almighty hell and the pressure will ratchet up even further and Port just committed even more years to him! The convention was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen a football club do. Port have completely lost their way under Koch and Hinkley. This won’t end well.
It was a rant of nothingness

Apparently

" They're Ready"

Hahahaha

Me too
SANFL Board might know
Has nothing to do with AFL anyway

Collingwood got more copyright on that than Power Pete and his phake fotography

from the port adelaide website

"Did you know the white number panel is meant to reflect the back of the local white-backed Magpie species tibicen telonocua, which is also known as the “Piping Shrike”, which appears on the badge of South Australia. Just keeping on the theme of symbolism, while the front of our traditional SANFL guernsey is often called the 'prison bar' or 'picket fence' design, it's actually symbolic of the wharves of Port Adelaide."

:D

"Did you know the white number panel is meant to reflect the back of the local white-backed Magpie species tibicen telonocua, which is also known as the “Piping Shrike”, which appears on the badge of South Australia. Just keeping on the theme of symbolism, while the front of our traditional SANFL guernsey is often called the 'prison bar' or 'picket fence' design, it's actually symbolic of the wharves of Port Adelaide."

What's the point of a history if you keep ****ing it up !:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he goes Port will get two first rounders, with at least 1 top ten. That gives them a decent shot at the classy SA lads coming through. With Rockliff and SPP we have Ollie type players in the wings. The signing of Rockliff may be a clue as to the club and Ollie's intentions.

I want him to stay, but it's not the end of the world if he leaves as he will be very highly prized.

Yep, if he does go this is probably the right year for Port for that to happen with several good SA players in the top 10 mix.

I was extremely critical of the price we paid for Gibbs back then, and nothing has changed. We overpaid massively. However, it's balanced out by the deals we did for Cameron & Lever, "making out like bandits" in both cases. We probably came out about even overall.

I think we overpaid slightly on Gibbs. Just how much will depend on how much Carlton suck this season. If they finish in the bottom 4 then the damage will be mitigated a little.

So they should actually be the Shrikes

I was extremely critical of the price we paid for Gibbs back then, and nothing has changed. We overpaid massively. However, it's balanced out by the deals we did for Cameron & Lever, "making out like bandits" in both cases. We probably came out about even overall.

We swapped Charlie Cameron & change for Gibbs

Even a screen scraper can see this reflects:
1. A shitty draft
2. A big win

Hence my comments about "swings & roundabouts" and "coming out even".

Carlton seriously bent us over and weren't polite enough to use lube. We did the same to Brisbane & Melbourne.
Gibbs for a first rounder and a slight pick downgrade?

You're insane, you'd do that every day of the week.

Aaron Francis on personal leave away from Essendon.

Hmmm. I feel a lot of concern for this lad.
Yes not a great sign .....maybe ESSEN should have traded him ......but that would have meant putting a players interest in front of the club ......we are talking ESSEN though

Why arent BankSA the sponsor

Aaron Francis on personal leave away from Essendon.

Hmmm. I feel a lot of concern for this lad.
That aside could have been an expensive mistake by the Crows if we'd ponied up for his services..

Obviously the club knew more than our supporters that were keen when they showed little interest.

That aside could have been an expensive mistake by the Crows if we'd ponied up for his services..

Obviously the club knew more than our supporters that were keen when they showed little interest.
Maybe. What if his issues are related to not coming home and we would have eased them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back