NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t watch Tough Enough so I had no clue who he was really, but as soon as I saw the name ‘The Velveteen Dream’, and that he has a Prince gimmick, I automatically wrote him off. But boy was I wrong. He is an absolute star in the making and I hope so much that he is one day a world champion.

A couple of moves during his Ohno match were a little botchy sadly but still a good match. The story he was able to produce in about zero build up time was fantastic. The crowd in the first 30 seconds was great.

I wondered if the Prince gimmick was something that WWE had put on him, but it seems that isn’t the case, as his instagram is full of stuff to do with Prince and some older photos show him going by the name of ‘The Velveteen Dream’ Patrick Clark. He could be a main roster star but I wonder if maybe a name change back to Patrick Clark, with Velveteen Dream still being used as an official nickname, could work. Same way Shawn Michaels was commonly known as HBK or The Heartbreak Kid, he could go by Patrick Clark officially, and get called Velveteen Dream as well.

I didn’t watch Tough Enough so I had no clue who he was really, but as soon as I saw the name ‘The Velveteen Dream’, and that he has a Prince gimmick, I automatically wrote him off. But boy was I wrong. He is an absolute star in the making and I hope so much that he is one day a world champion.

A couple of moves during his Ohno match were a little botchy sadly but still a good match. The story he was able to produce in about zero build up time was fantastic. The crowd in the first 30 seconds was great.

I wondered if the Prince gimmick was something that WWE had put on him, but it seems that isn’t the case, as his instagram is full of stuff to do with Prince and some older photos show him going by the name of ‘The Velveteen Dream’ Patrick Clark. He could be a main roster star but I wonder if maybe a name change back to Patrick Clark, with Velveteen Dream still being used as an official nickname, could work. Same way Shawn Michaels was commonly known as HBK or The Heartbreak Kid, he could go by Patrick Clark officially, and get called Velveteen Dream as well.
It will take a monumental stuff up if he doesn't become a star.

He's a brilliant performer - can you blame them?
triple h is a smart guy he's pushing almas he pushed asuka and nakamura hard as well as balor. now the rumble it has continued he is showing talent in other promotions they will be used correctly. they have been needing a replacement for rey for years they tried alberto/kalisto/sin cara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can we all appreciate that they're wearing footy jumpers as part of their entrance gear?

love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back