GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why involve the GDFL. Just do promotion/relegation between GFL and bfl. No GDFL club will go up. Make GFL 10 team and bfl 12 team comps. Why have a 14 team GDFL?
What happens if a clubs netball section is strong and the football section is a rabble? Does the club go up or down a Division? Or vice versa, football section dominant and netball no good, and is it a football based decision only or club as a whole.
BPH for example, football dominant, netball not quite up to it!!

What happens if a clubs netball section is strong and the football section is a rabble? Does the club go up or down a Division? Or vice versa, football section dominant and netball no good, and is it a football based decision only or club as a whole.
BPH for example, football dominant, netball not quite up to it!!

My guess it's all about footy. AFL Barwon just care about the premier division.

Can Bannockburn be a genuine contender for the flag this Bannockburn without Peters and Braumann or will they be just off the pace?

Can Bannockburn be a genuine contender for the flag this Bannockburn without Peters and Braumann or will they be just off the pace?

Good footy question Buzza, they look to have a pretty good draw and could be 8-0 if they are gonna be any good? They will definitely be on top after round one.

Play: Corio Away, Giants Home, Anakie Away, Winch Home, Thomson Away, North Home, Werribee Away, Belmont Home.....

Why involve the GDFL. Just do promotion/relegation between GFL and bfl. No GDFL club will go up. Make GFL 10 team and bfl 12 team comps. Why have a 14 team GDFL?

Why couldn’t a GDFL team go up?
That’s very close minded. So do you enjoy the current comp when the top 3 are miles ahead of the rest?

Yeah, nah.....
Depends who you follow don't you think???????

Ros. I’ve told you before, I follow sides in all comps at all stages. Some are up the top, others don’t win a game. I think for the good of the comps in Geelong going forward that it needs to come in.

Why couldn’t a GDFL team go up?
That’s very close minded. So do you enjoy the current comp when the top 3 are miles ahead of the rest?

Ros. I’ve told you before, I follow sides in all comps at all stages. Some are up the top, others don’t win a game. I think for the good of the comps in Geelong going forward that it needs to come in.
You follow one team, or no team.
End of.........

You follow one team, or no team.
End of.........

Ros, you’ve grown on me of late, please don’t start this again. I’ve got good relationships with people and clubs across all 3 leagues, happy to get behind one in each. Will get messy if the new system comes in though! Haha

Ros, you’ve grown on me of late, please don’t start this again. I’ve got good relationships with people and clubs across all 3 leagues, happy to get behind one in each. Will get messy if the new system comes in though! Haha
Yes, the whole aim of me being on BF was to grow on you.
Lol.
So give us your "one in each" then......

Hope the recent clearance lodged to Corio of a Jake Broughton is not the same Jake Broughton of Corio who was in the papers this week for a vicious assault in the CBD. You’d hope they’ve learnt their lesson. Corio are 1 more debacle away from folding as a club

they will never change... they all love the bad image

Last edited:
Hope the recent clearance lodged to Corio of a Jake Broughton is not the same Jake Broughton of Corio who was in the papers this week for a vicious assault in the CBD. You’d hope they’ve learnt their lesson. Corio are 1 more debacle away from folding as a club
Surely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearance has come in from Grovedale. Is this the same guy thats in the papers? Didn't see his name in any results from 2017 so might not have played for a while.
Lets hope it's not the same guy. And your right, there about 1 debacle from disaster.

Seb Loader your kidding right? Can’t see them playing a 43 year old who has never played before

I wonder what they’ve got up their sleeve, I did drive past them training the during the week and sure enough there he was. Surely he can’t slide into their side, maybe having a run for fun? The next few weeks will be interesting too see if that’s the case.

I wonder what they’ve got up their sleeve, I did drive past them training the during the week and sure enough there he was. Surely he can’t slide into their side, maybe having a run for fun? The next few weeks will be interesting too see if that’s the case.

Did they have many players on the track. I heard numbers have been low.

What a disgrace the new last touch out of bounds rule for reserve grade is. AFL Barwon please! What is this AFLW???

What a disgrace the new last touch out of bounds rule for reserve grade is. AFL Barwon please! What is this AFLW???
Surely not?
The AFLW on the other hand is a disgrace, and a blight on the game. Would rather watch local U/14 game for a better standard than that utter garbage

Anybody seen or heard how any of the sides went in the practice matches at all?
Port played Anakie today but I wasn’t there. I got told Port had 6-7 top liners missing ( Anakie probably did too). 6 quarters of footy and Port won by about 10-11 goals apparently.

Port played Anakie today but I wasn’t there. I got told Port had 6-7 top liners missing ( Anakie probably did too). 6 quarters of footy and Port won by about 10-11 goals apparently.
Was at the game. two games of 3 qtrs. Anakie reserves lost by a big margin (about 14 goals) Anakie seniors won by about 11 goals. Port fielded the same side for both games with about 10 or 12 on the interchange bench.

Was reading a bit about Geelong footy today after being away for a few years.

Can anybody tell me how the merged Geelong West works? Do they field four teams (seniors and reserves in both competitions)?

Are players interchangeable across the club, so the GFL team is effectively the seniors and GDFL team the reserves?

Just interesting and a bit confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back