QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think that he is a bloke that could be reasonably happy with his footy career in the end. Got the absolute most out of himself and was a good servant at local level once he made the decision to go back. Sounds like he was a highly respected person at Noosa YDM and that is as good a legacy as you can carry.
Very highly respected mate.apart from his courage and constant competitiveness and ability to get the ball forward at all costs, just a polite and decent bloke with no ex afl ego which is just terrific at our level

3 weeks out from the preseason cup what's everyone's way too early predictions for the ladder.

I've got
1. Maroochy
2. Cooparoo
3. Noosa
4. UQ
5. Springwood
6. Yeronga
7. Caloundra
8. Aspley
9. Mayne
10.Burleigh

3 weeks out from the preseason cup what's everyone's way too early predictions for the ladder.

I've got
1. Maroochy
2. Cooparoo
3. Noosa
4. UQ
5. Springwood
6. Yeronga
7. Caloundra
8. Aspley
9. Mayne
10.Burleigh

Mayne 9th ??

I've got
1. Maroochy
2. Cooparoo
3. Noosa
4. UQ
5. Springwood
6. Yeronga
7. Caloundra
8. Aspley
9. Mayne
10.Burleigh

From my spies on the southside it seems that Yeronga will really struggle this year. They have lost many and gained few

I’m sure it’s been discussed, but i cbf going back through the pages, how come the winner of this comp last year wasn’t moved up to QAFL?

no promotion/relegation between Div 1 and QAFL.

Really only applies to Div 1,2 and 3 But Div 1 winner doesn't go up and obviously Div 3 spooner has nowhere to go

UQ were relegated for consistently being non competitive and being unable to meet other QAFL benchmarks.

If the winner, or any other Div 1 club wished to move to the QAFL - they simply need to apply for a license and meet the various criteria.

(the bar appears to be set pretty low by Sandgate..!)

UQ were relegated for consistently being non competitive and being unable to meet other QAFL benchmarks.

If the winner, or any other Div 1 club wished to move to the QAFL - they simply need to apply for a license and meet the various criteria.

Guarantee that uq’s competitiveness is gonna be tenfolds better this season. Massive dark horse

Just a prediction, what’s your ladder?
Mayne below UQ, Aspley and Yeronga highly doubtful of that think you've underrated Caloundra they were big improvers last year...UQ are great early but once Uni Semester kicks in exams/holidays...they will never make the finals lose to many to uni commitments...I think Maroochy are the team to beat this season having now got over their GF Hoodoo they will be very very hard to stop this year...

Mayne below UQ, Aspley and Yeronga highly doubtful of that think you've underrated Caloundra they were big improvers last year...UQ are great early but once Uni Semester kicks in exams/holidays...they will never make the finals lose to many to uni commitments...I think Maroochy are the team to beat this season having now got over their GF Hoodoo they will be very very hard to stop this year...
Yeh probably did underestimate mayne, felt they overachieved last year. Not convinced Merrett will be back this season was reasoning behind Caloundra. Completely agree with Maroochydore they would do damage in the qafl let alone qfa div 1. Uq are attempting to put things in place for exam time and don’t consist of as many young ones currently studying, still a few tho. So they hope to put a more consistent year round season if they able to combat that period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh probably did underestimate mayne, felt they overachieved last year. Not convinced Merrett will be back this season was reasoning behind Caloundra. Completely agree with Maroochydore they would do damage in the qafl let alone qfa div 1. Uq are attempting to put things in place for exam time and don’t consist of as many young ones currently studying, still a few tho. So they hope to put a more consistent year round season if they able to combat that period.
Mayne finished where they deserved last year they did beat Maroochy during the year and lost the close ones combined with a shocking run with injuries and being hunted in this comp for a fair while just looked overcooked in the 2nd half of the year...The 3 years before being completely cherry ripe with the full list to pick from come finals time makes a world of difference...With the full list, new coach and a bit underrated now I think they will surprise and will push for finals again for sure...

I’d love to see Maroochydore go to the next level an play QAFL, which is what I hope they are trying to achieve up there, they could most definitely handle themselves at that level

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In many respects its not about the capacity to play at that level (although I do think QAFL clubs, certainly in top 5-6, are a level above Div 1 still). Its more about finances for SC clubs. For all 3 clubs the $$ generated in these games completely outstrips anything that is made when playing a Bris and especially GC side. It really gets back to $$ and cents. No one puts a roadblock on their best juniors to go and test themselves at NEAFL or even QAFL level but really they need to move to Brisbane to get justice from the decision. Its just too much travelling otherwise.

It will be an interesting year again in Div 1 for sure. I cannot see how Mayne will not be a finals contender, have heard Coorparoo have improved, maroochy kept most of list bar Bevan and added a couple, Noosa has lost quite a few but picked up a few too, Yeronga sound like may have gone backwards in stocks, Burleigh i think will really suffer from being only GC side and players may vote with feet. Doesnt matter, pretty sure it will still be competitive footy and much better than a 6 team comp! :)

In many respects its not about the capacity to play at that level (although I do think QAFL clubs, certainly in top 5-6, are a level above Div 1 still). Its more about finances for SC clubs. For all 3 clubs the $$ generated in these games completely outstrips anything that is made when playing a Bris and especially GC side. It really gets back to $$ and cents. No one puts a roadblock on their best juniors to go and test themselves at NEAFL or even QAFL level but really they need to move to Brisbane to get justice from the decision. Its just too much travelling otherwise.

It will be an interesting year again in Div 1 for sure. I cannot see how Mayne will not be a finals contender, have heard Coorparoo have improved, maroochy kept most of list bar Bevan and added a couple, Noosa has lost quite a few but picked up a few too, Yeronga sound like may have gone backwards in stocks, Burleigh i think will really suffer from being only GC side and players may vote with feet. Doesnt matter, pretty sure it will still be competitive footy and much better than a 6 team comp! :)

Don't underestimate Burleigh. Made decent raid on players down South. Coach has opened up some good work opportunities. Think they won't be far off finals.

Fan didn't you say on a previous page that Sandgate would be big improvers?

I thought you meant they were setting bar low by on field performance, but after re-reading you obviously meant regarding facilities. My bad

I meant both to be fair. Can only improve from where they have been in on field performance.

4 completed QAFL seasons

72 matches

10 wins

% over 60 only once

Mix that with their facilities, and the bar for QAFL entry was set fairly low. UQ had 8 wins from 3 seasons, so pretty much tracked at the same rate. Questionable facilties also, and no junior base is what kills them

I meant both to be fair. Can only improve from where they have been in on field performance.

4 completed QAFL seasons

72 matches

10 wins

% over 60 only once

Mix that with their facilities, and the bar for QAFL entry was set fairly low. UQ had 8 wins from 3 seasons, so pretty much tracked at the same rate. Questionable facilties also, and no junior base is what kills them

All fair points. I think the bar at QAFL has well and truly gone up in regards all facets. If Clubs don't have right people running them and rest of club going in same direction, they are in for world of hurt.

Be interesting to see how 2018 pans out across all divisions. You only need one Brady year on and off field and it sets you back 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back