Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to know which player you believe he will replace in the current team, He needs to be an inside ball magnet to make it imo

Does not have the leg speed or leap to make it as an outside mid, Running Half Back or med foward

Last year we played over 35 players. Although there are exceptions, every year every team plays about 34/5 players from their list of 42 ish. I don’t know if Ellis will make it or not but providing he is fit and playing 2’s, he’ll get games. As will other fringe players Short, Menadue, Oleg, Conca etc. it’s then up to the players to take advantage of their opportunities in whichever role they are asked to play. Don’t think it needs to be inside or outside player specifically- just perform a role which is likely a combination of both.

He’ll need to hit the ground running and have a very good JLT I reckon otherwise others will cement their positions making it hard for him. He’ll be competing for hb or mid positions so not considering the GF team, he’s up against Menadue, Markov Short, Higgins and Conca
Agreed , needs to come out swinging , hope he does

expecting then you have an idea about what role you think he will play.
geez mate WTF, Over the years you have written off more than half our premiership players and sunk the boots in a good half dozen of those as well. maybe take a deep breath and like most of us wish him well and see hows hes lookin and see how his/our first 10 or so games go, and re assess around june.

geez mate WTF, Over the years you have written off more than half our premiership players and sunk the boots in a good half dozen of those as well. maybe take a deep breath and like most of us wish him well and see hows hes lookin and see how his/our first 10 or so games go, and re assess around june.
Fmd what a reaction all i asked was what role HM thought he would play.
Have i really written off half of our premiership players!!!!!! you keep pushing that line if it makes you feel good.
I certainly havent written of C Ellis just mentioned why he cops the criticisms he does and said its time to step up to the plate..If you think being critical of aspects of his game means i dont want to see him do well then your wrong.I dont believe ive ever said he wont make it.

Your right about one thing ive been very critical of plenty of our players just like most people have at various times. I will continue to be so if i think its warranted.
The players i have criticised have displayed traits and performed in such a way that deserved criticism. Some found ways to turn things around and improve others didnt.

Its just my opinion and it seems a fair few others think the same, that C Ellis has areas that need to be improved upon and the clock is well and truly ticking
if you think thats writing a player off or sinking the boots in then i think its you who should take a deep breath and start taking things for what they are instead of getting hot under the collar.

Fmd what a reaction all i asked was what role HM thought he would play.
Have i really written off half of our premiership players!!!!!! you keep pushing that line if it makes you feel good.
I certainly havent written of C Ellis just mentioned why he cops the criticisms he does and said its time to step up to the plate..If you think being critical of aspects of his game means i dont want to see him do well then your wrong.I dont believe ive ever said he wont make it.

Your right about one thing ive been very critical of plenty of our players just like most people have at various times. I will continue to be so if i think its warranted.
The players i have criticised have displayed traits and performed in such a way that deserved criticism. Some found ways to turn things around and improve others didnt.

Its just my opinion and it seems a fair few others think the same, that C Ellis has areas that need to be improved upon and the clock is well and truly ticking
if you think thats writing a player off or sinking the boots in then i think its you who should take a deep breath and start taking things for what they are instead of getting hot under the collar.
tropicaltiger still thinks the likes of Elton Hunt Morris , Lennon, Vickery etc etc will make it. We may get some few wrong ,but mostly are right unlike the TT type who pump up the tyres of every listed player without actually looking at what they bring to the table.The likes of him fail to realize more often clubs delist or move on around 7 players a year which throws out their credibility as posters.
It's opinion and people like TT need to grow up and accept this and if we happen to be wrong on the odd occasion then it's a bonus to the RFC.

Last edited:
tropicaltiger still thinks the likes of Elton Hunt Morris , Lennon, Vickery etc etc will make it. We may get some few wrong ,but mostly are right unlike the TT type who pump up the tyres of every listed player without actually looking at what they bring to the table.The likes of him fail to realize more often clubs delist or move on around 7 players a year which throws out their credibility as posters.
It's opinion and people like TT need to grow up and accept this and if we happen to be wrong on the odd occasion then it's a bonus to the RFC.
Ive been copping plenty lately from posters like TT. Every time i give a little back they squeal and im the one who gets thread banned.
Im not worried every dog has his day at some stage and two can play that game.I sit and cop the ridicule but i wonder if they can when it comes back their way.

Ive been copping plenty lately from posters like TT. Every time i give a little back they squeal and im the one who gets thread banned.
Im not worried every dog has his day at some stage and two can play that game.I sit and cop the ridicule but i wonder if they can when it comes back their way.
When do you cop the ridicule you still won’t even admit to being wrong about astbury

nah mate you got it wrong again, might have stuck up for lennon a little bit, but the others you mention ive just been happy enuff to to abide by club policy and decisions, i ve really stuck up mostly for astbury, houli, grigg, lambert, prestia, edwards and a couple of other who i deemed unfairly treated by some, i remember well 3 of your classics delist the queen mary astbury and keep elton... houli not in our best 22, never was never will be..... and the latest chestnut milsey best 22 way in front of prestia..... yeah your name suits you.....oh yeah let not forget how you wanted dimma, benny and peggy all gone :D:D:D

When do you cop the ridicule you still won’t even admit to being wrong about astbury
when you point out what i said was wrong and keep it in context we can talk.
Some of the critiques ive made, Dave Astbury is slow he should play on the bigger slower types which is what happens.he has been very average until last yr.He has the turning circle of a truck etc, Many others noted these things and they are genuine critiques.

I even went as far to say he had a very good yr this yr, it took what 8 yrs to get it out of him. Outside of some games here and there for the other 7yrs IMO he was barely up to speed and very injury prone. because of this i do believe i have said we need to find a replacement but i also believe ive never said we should get rid of him mainly because of the lack of talls on the list and in this case Kpds. I still advocate we get at least one more genuine kpd onto the list.

Hes come off a very good yr lets see if he can produce another one. In the mean time your welcome to point out where i was wrong along his journey.
I think you will find like this thread all ive done is point out his weaknesses and said he needs to improve the clock was certainly ticking he was almost a lion.

Oh by the way seeing as you can reply now for no other reason than to have a crack maybe you can tell me what role you think C Ellis will perform in those 15 games he will get.

nah mate you got it wrong again, might have stuck up for lennon a little bit, but the others you mention ive just been happy enuff to to abide by club policy and decisions, i ve really stuck up mostly for astbury, houli, grigg, lambert, prestia, edwards and a couple of other who i deemed unfairly treated by some, i remember well 3 of your classics delist the queen mary astbury and keep elton... houli not in our best 22, never was never will be..... and the latest chestnut milsey best 22 way in front of prestia..... yeah your name suits you.....oh yeah let not forget how you wanted dimma, benny and peggy all gone :D:D:D
I can go over your history of posts of all the posters you’ve trolled over players who have since gone. Now let people express their views and if you feel a need to comment then play the topic not the man . It’s a public forum for tigers to express their views and not to create arguments by attacking posters especially if the poster didn’t even quote you as in mopsy case. Anyway Happy New Year bro.

So in effect you havent had the balls to voice an opinion on some players and sat on the fence. Then seen fit to have a crack at those who are bold enough to voice theirs and leave themselves open to attack.Thats real brave of you.

A simple question. Would you not agree that parts of the following players games deserved to be looked at at various stages. Astbury Houli, Grigg, Prestia, Edwards.Just my opinion but they have all been poor at various stages and had/have parts of their games that leave a bit to be desired. oh and i too think Miles was a better option than Prestia earlier last yr.

Basically what you people want is for people not to say anything that may not paint a pretty picture when it comes to the players.

Hmm Hardwick was the root cause of board challenges and had an abysmal record until last yr, but hey he didnt deserve to be criticised for everything that he got wrong. According to some he never got a thing wrong. AHHH revisionism is alive and well.

Benny and Peggy were applauded for their off field work by just about everyone, but there was little on field return, it too was a reason for board challenges.
They got heaps wrong but hey we should not criticse what was wrong and whole heartedly applaud them.

At the time criticism was warranted . those who have turned things around and improved should be applauded but we should not rewrite history and sugar coat the entire journey just because they belatedly got some success.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in effect you havent had the balls to voice an opinion on some players and sat on the fence. Then seen fit to have a crack at those who are bold enough to voice theirs and leave themselves open to attack.Thats real brave of you.

A simple question. Would you not agree that parts of the following players games deserved to be looked at at various stages. Astbury Houli, Grigg, Prestia, Edwards.Just my opinion but they have all been poor at various stages and had/have parts of their games that leave a bit to be desired. oh and i too think Miles was a better option than Prestia earlier last yr.

Basically what you people want is for people not to say anything that may not paint a pretty picture when it comes to the players.

Hmm Hardwick was the root cause of board challenges and had an abysmal record until last yr, but hey he didnt deserve to be criticised for everything that he got wrong. According to some he never got a thing wrong. AHHH revisionism is alive and well.

Benny and Peggy were applauded for their off field work by just about everyone, but there was little on field return, it too was a reason for board challenges.
They got heaps wrong but hey we should not criticse what was wrong and whole heartedly applaud them.

At the time criticism was warranted . those who have turned things around and improved should be applauded but we should not rewrite history and sugar coat the entire journey just because they belatedly got some success.
calling the coach dimwit, calling ellis gutless, houli a hack, edwards a squib, prestia is a bust after 5 minutes, calling out that team/depth players like morris and hunt should never pull on a richmond jumper again is the stuff im venting about and not accusing you directly of this by the way... it just annoys the crap out of me, im pretty sure most players are told not to read these forums or not to mingle in public because of guys like you. and no i dont believe astbury, houli etc etc ever warrant cowardly criticism as ive seen here

saying astbury is slow and has the turning circle of a truck is not a genuine criticism when he is a great mark, good reader of the play, excellent 1v1, and a good decision maker with good disposal

it’s a needless gripe on a fine defender that has been leading our backline for the past two seasons with minimal fuss or fanfare

im thankful he got his body right because we wouldn’t have won a flag without him. that’s just an opinion though.

saying astbury is slow and has the turning circle of a truck is not a genuine criticism when he is a great mark, good reader of the play, excellent 1v1, and a good decision maker with good disposal

it’s a needless gripe on a fine defender that has been leading our backline for the past two seasons with minimal fuss or fanfare

im thankful he got his body right because we wouldn’t have won a flag without him. that’s just an opinion though.
The fact that he had two dislocated knee's didn't help.
He did have the turning circle of a truck, but there was a reason why.

What your actually saying is dont talk about the bad only talk about the good. Im sorry mate but the world does not operate in a feel good bubble.
If hes slow and has a poor turning circle then they are genuine criticisms they exist and are warranted so we disagree.
He is a good mark does read the play well is good 1v1 and has good disposal they are plaudits and are also warranted.Or should we just ignore that part of it as well and not talk footy at all.

calling the coach dimwit, calling ellis gutless, houli a hack, edwards a squib, prestia is a bust after 5 minutes, calling out that team/depth players like morris and hunt should never pull on a richmond jumper again is the stuff im venting about and not accusing you directly of this by the way... it just annoys the crap out of me, im pretty sure most players are told not to read these forums or not to mingle in public because of guys like you. and no i dont believe astbury, houli etc etc ever warrant cowardly criticism as ive seen here

Yep have to put my hand up to some of those descriptions. While i have rarely gone down the name calling path ie dimwit i have been guilty of it on the odd occasion.

Brandon Ellis i make no apologies for. A player i intensely dislike because he does squib it and other reasons.
Edwards has also copped it for not committing his body on a regular basis, Houli because of the panic attacks when contact is imminent.Have never called Prestia a bust but did prefer we play Miles early in the yr.He was struggling and i was critical of his kicking as well.
Morris and Hunt should never have got a gig for the simple reasons that they showed far too often they were not up to it and were taking games away from others who had potential to improve us. Grigg i have always praised his run and spread and ability to get the ball but he too was guilty being just a bit too outside and lacking work rate without the ball.

Whats really happening here is you dont want to hear warranted critiques of parts of our players game and you get pissed of with those who do it.

As i said we dont live in a feel good bubble. If WARRANTED CRITIQUES annoy you lot so much, and make you surly and rude to other posters with a differing opinion,. Then id say you should not be on a footy forum where ALL ASPECTS of a players game are discussed.

Finishing i agree, the players dont deserve UNWARRANTED or Cowardly criticism but i cant agree that they should be exempt from critiques that are warranted.

What your actually saying is dont talk about the bad only talk about the good. Im sorry mate but the world does not operate in a feel good bubble.
If hes slow and has a poor turning circle then they are genuine criticisms they exist and are warranted so we disagree.
He is a good mark does read the play well is good 1v1 and has good disposal they are plaudits and are also warranted.Or should we just ignore that part of it as well and not talk footy at all.

talk about what you want it’s a forum mopsy. if you want to focus on the parts of players games that are irrelevant to whether they are a good player or not, or out of their control, that’s totally cool with me. i don’t see the point but each to their own. Dave has deficiencies in his athleticism mostly due to past injuries, wgaf, doesn’t hold him back from being a good defender in the best backline in the comp. that’s not a feel good bubble that’s beautiful reality, sorry about that

Corey ... will be an interesting year for him. One the positive he has talent and some strong belief from the coaches. Plus given Grigg is getting on a spot just waiting for him. On the negative he has a damn tough gig breaking into the premiership midfield, with Conca, Lloyd and Higgins also competing for that spot. And he has to step up a fair bit to grab the job. He's looking like one of those 'had talent, but just didn't' bring it often enough hard enough' players.

Dave Astbury looked like that but turned it around and is now one of the best KPB's in the league. So get on with the job Corey,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back