In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

Know of anyone or is it folklore?
I always thought there was some leniency if one person dies leaving their partner on their own, so they could transfer the other ticket into their name or another family member, I can't imagine they would expect them to give up the seat and sit next to a stranger.

Last edited:

I never ever held much hope of getting an eagles membership as i was always told its a 15-20 year wait but when the new stadium was announced I jumped. 7 years this season in the wings. My records below for anyone who cares.

Position in Queue Improvement
2017 63XX 8XX
2016 72XX 3XX
2015 75XX 8XX
2014 84XX
2013 Not sure
2012 Not Sure

2016 Season
224 seats purchased by 101 in the wings members at 2.217822 seats per in the wings member. First 1650 in the wings members were offered a seat
2014 Season
700 Seats purchased by 330 in the wings at 2.121212 seats per member per in the wings member

At 2.2 seats taken per in the wings member its not likely for me this season but hopefully get a few existing members not make the move and a few drop of this season and it might not be far off, 2019 or 2020 fingers crossed.

I never ever held much hope of getting an eagles membership as i was always told its a 15-20 year wait but when the new stadium was announced I jumped. 7 years this season in the wings. My records below for anyone who cares.

2017 63XX 8XX
2016 72XX 3XX
2015 75XX 8XX
2014 84XX
2013 Not sure
2012 Not Sure

2016 Season
224 seats purchased by 101 in the wings members at 2.217822 seats per in the wings member. First 1650 in the wings members were offered a seat
2014 Season
700 Seats purchased by 330 in the wings at 2.121212 seats per member per in the wings member

At 2.2 seats taken per in the wings member its not likely for me this season but hopefully get a few existing members not make the move and a few drop of this season and it might not be far off, 2019 or 2020 fingers crossed.
Solid research!!

Because there was always going to be a GA allocation
Always remained on WCE side given the huge task of transitioning exisiting seated members & keeping everyone happy! However there will have to come a point in the very near future where ITW need to be notified of whether theyll be offered a seat. If tix go on sale to opening home game tomorrow, which Im positive WCE supporters, members or not, are going to want to be a part of given its the 'new era'(new home ground, new logo etc etc). Its a potential double miss out if you decide to wait to find out if your seating offer will eventuate and the GA tix sell out in the meantime if unsuccesfull. In saying that, typing as I think, maybe theyll have some set aside in GA for ITW members & maybe reimburse if do get offer?, f**k imayhavemadeanidiotoutofmyself....

i think managing expectations is always going to be hard and drawing it out will prolly soften the blow for those missing out this season.

Does anyone have the confirmed additional reserved seats at optus?

Was 39000 at subi, optus total capacity is 60K with 10k GA (Packages & Reduced game memberships being a part of this), which should be 11K right?

i think managing expectations is always going to be hard and drawing it out will prolly soften the blow for those missing out this season.

Was 39000 at subi, optus total capacity is 60K with 10k GA (Packages & Reduced game memberships being a part of this), which should be 11K right?

From memory theres also roughly 1k more corporate seating at Optus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know of anyone or is it folklore?

I don't know of any specifically and as someone said a deceased membership can be transferred to another family member which is fair enough.

I have heard of a number of groups that hold memberships of people that no longer attend the football for a variety of reasons such as living interstate, getting too old etc and these memberships are maintained as a group asset and used by whoever wants to go on a given week. I think if these were closed out then ITW members might move up the list a lot quicker.

That's my understanding with most* of the additional seating offered as 5 & 3 game packages.
* never found anyone prepared to offer any more than most, never a number.

Maybe an ITW member who has an offer might let us know were they offered an 11 game package or ...

Last edited:
Always remained on WCE side given the huge task of transitioning exisiting seated members & keeping everyone happy! However there will have to come a point in the very near future where ITW need to be notified of whether theyll be offered a seat. If tix go on sale to opening home game tomorrow, which Im positive WCE supporters, members or not, are going to want to be a part of given its the 'new era'(new home ground, new logo etc etc). Its a potential double miss out if you decide to wait to find out if your seating offer will eventuate and the GA tix sell out in the meantime if unsuccesfull. In saying that, typing as I think, maybe theyll have some set aside in GA for ITW members & maybe reimburse if do get offer?, f**k imayhavemadeanidiotoutofmyself....

Are you suggesting GA seats are offered on a seasons basis? Individual games, surely?

2017 63XX 8XX
2016 72XX 3XX
2015 75XX 8XX
2014 84XX
2013 Not sure
2012 Not Sure

2016 Season
2014 Season

Say 10k seats sold to ITW members, 1 X5, 2x3, each seat to 3 ITW members, 30k ITW seated, how does that work or have you taken that to account?

Are you suggesting GA seats are offered on a seasons basis? Individual games, surely?
No Im saying, I & many others would like to be there for our first home game of the season. Either having purchased a GA tik or as a seated member having taken a membership offer. If I wait for this offer & it doesnt eventuate, I risk the chance of GA tiks selling out for the first game & missing out all together. Be nice to know this info.

No biggie, but suck me sideways, as a WCE supporter, 1st home game at new ground would be awesome to attend!

Interesting reading - http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/WestCoastEagles/Images/PDF/WCE-MemberPrinciples.pdf

"Current Season members grouping with non-access members – during the grouping stage, Season members may list family who hold a non-access membership as a part of their group (eg Rick’s Rookies, In The Wings). In line with the current club transfer policy, and to protect the interests of In The Wings members, non-access members grouping with access members must be immediate family and supporting documentation will be requested to verify this. The club will assess its ability to assist non-access members in Season member groups following the grouping stage and noting that sufficient inventory must be available to satisfy an offer to all current Season members."

Also interesting reading - https://membership.westcoasteagles.com.au/terms-and-conditions-new-0

Home Flexi: Entitles the holder to entry and general admission seating for up to three (3) or five (5) West Coast Eagles 2018 Toyota AFL Premiership Season matches at Perth Stadium of their choice. Home Flexi members have access to limited unreserved seating available in sections at Perth Stadium, as nominated by the club, mostly in the upper tier on the western end. This seating is subject to capacity. Reserved seat upgrades may be purchased in advance through Ticketmaster, subject to availability and additional fees and charges will apply. The club may, at its discretion, specify certain matches as ‘fully-reserved’ in anticipation of high demand (eg WCE v FFC). In these instances, all Home Flexi members who wish to attend that match must upgrade to a reserved seat in advance through Ticketmaster, subject to availability and additional fees and charges will apply. For a full list of benefits available to Home Flexi 3 or 5 match members, please click here.

Say 10k seats sold to ITW members, 1 X5, 2x3, each seat to 3 ITW members, 30k ITW seated, how does that work or have you taken that to account?
I have not taken that in to account. Just using previous years data to work out roughly how many seats are taken up by each ITW member.

My understanding is the 3 & 5 game packages are General Admission which would be part of the 6000 seat General Admission Allocation e.g. a punter has no hope of getting a ticket as per Subi.

Last edited:
I don't know of any specifically and as someone said a deceased membership can be transferred to another family member which is fair enough.

I have heard of a number of groups that hold memberships of people that no longer attend the football for a variety of reasons such as living interstate, getting too old etc and these memberships are maintained as a group asset and used by whoever wants to go on a given week. I think if these were closed out then ITW members might move up the list a lot quicker.
Why should the club close these out? I'm sorry, but as a 20+year member if I decide to move interstate I'm still keeping my membership and doing this. I ain't a moron and gonna jump to the back of the queue.

I have not taken that in to account. Just using previous years data to work out roughly how many seats are taken up by each ITW member.

My understanding is the 3 & 5 game packages are General Admission which would be part of the 6000 seat General Admission Allocation e.g. a punter has no hope of getting a ticket as per Subi.

Understand your view, but how can GA seating be offered thru the club, sounds like a furphy to me, but who really knows ...

Long time lurker, first time poster. I rang the club today to get some more info on how the upgrade process works as I am number 2300ish on the waitlist (after ten years!). Here's what they said:
  • Public Reserve seating is not on sale tomorrow. This was an error by ticketmaster, they probably became confused because Freo's tickets go on sale then. Ticketmaster have now updated their website to reflect this. They expect the public reserve to go on sale in March, after a number of the ITW members have had offers made. Interestingly, if you purchase public reserve seats through ticketmaster and then sign-up for a membership afterwards they will refund you the full amount, so it is definitely wise to hedge your bets when the tickets go on sale.
  • The offers will start going out mid-late next week (I don't think the lady I spoke to meant to be that specific but she slipped up). This will be done via email. As other posters have said, it will work in batches and is first in, best dressed. My understanding is that they will notify a batch of people a few days before to tell them when the purchase window will open up. At that time, you can log into the system (I assume it is the same one the season members used) and purchase whatever seats are available (with the limit of 2 adult and 2 children per ITW membership). The purchase window will only be open for a limited time to allow them to keep the process moving, so you don't want to miss the email notification. Once a batch is finished they will see what is left and open up another batch, until all are exhausted.
  • Based on the above process, my impression is that the first batch can choose whatever they want, which includes the limited game memberships. It will start to get tight for later batches when there may only be single seats left for full memberships, forcing the decision to sit away from others or bite the bullet and just get a 5 game membership. Unfortunately, at my number in the list I think I might be close to the cusp of full season or limited game membership availability.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I rang the club today to get some more info on how the upgrade process works as I am number 2300ish on the waitlist (after ten years!). Here's what they said:
  • Public Reserve seating is not on sale tomorrow. This was an error by ticketmaster, they probably became confused because Freo's tickets go on sale then. Ticketmaster have now updated their website to reflect this. They expect the public reserve to go on sale in March, after a number of the ITW members have had offers made. Interestingly, if you purchase public reserve seats through ticketmaster and then sign-up for a membership afterwards they will refund you the full amount, so it is definitely wise to hedge your bets when the tickets go on sale.
  • The offers will start going out mid-late next week (I don't think the lady I spoke to meant to be that specific but she slipped up). This will be done via email. As other posters have said, it will work in batches and is first in, best dressed. My understanding is that they will notify a batch of people a few days before to tell them when the purchase window will open up. At that time, you can log into the system (I assume it is the same one the season members used) and purchase whatever seats are available (with the limit of 2 adult and 2 children per ITW membership). The purchase window will only be open for a limited time to allow them to keep the process moving, so you don't want to miss the email notification. Once a batch is finished they will see what is left and open up another batch, until all are exhausted.
  • Based on the above process, my impression is that the first batch can choose whatever they want, which includes the limited game memberships. It will start to get tight for later batches when there may only be single seats left for full memberships, forcing the decision to sit away from others or bite the bullet and just get a 5 game membership. Unfortunately, at my number in the list I think I might be close to the cusp of full season or limited game membership availability.
Great work, thanks for sharing. Damn, when i last spoke to the membership team they were very confident of my waitlist no. getting an offer. It is what it is though I guess. Good move with the tik purchase & refund.

From memory theres also roughly 1k more corporate seating at Optus.

& alot more premium hospitality
Understand your view, but how can GA seating be offered thru the club, sounds like a furphy to me, but who really knows ...

I hypothesise that State government and wce probably had to.

Most of the additional reserved seating membership is premium hospitality at high prices or view obstructed.

If the ITW list only drops by 2000 members in the first season of this billion dollar stadium there will be 10000 west coast supporters and their family and friends jumping to have a hard whinge.

Convert less desirable G.A seats in less dersirable games (e.g. Ones that don't sell most of the time) to partial memberships and keep the illusion that this great new stadium was necessary and has fixed the issue of limited capacity at Subi for Eagles games for anyone but corporates and colins mates.

I can only commend the WCE for doing what they can with this fantastic new stadium that unfortunately has limited additional good seating for the proletariat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back