Covers that are better than the original ...

Remove this Banner Ad

gold%2520bar.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think these guys are really clever and different to what they do to classic hard rock.

Steve ‘N’ Seagulls

Nothing else matters - Metallica

Thunderstruck - AC-DC

Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Mining a similar vein to Hayseed Dixie

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I think these guys are really clever and different to what they do to classic hard rock.

Steve ‘N’ Seagulls

Nothing else matters - Metallica

Thunderstruck - AC-DC

Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Seeing they're Finnish would love to see them doing some Scandinavian covers (Turbonegro, Gluecifer, The Soundtrack of Our Lives and Hellacopters spring to mind)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Patti Smith does Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I mean, Patti Smith doing Teen Spirit. Sheeeeeit.

Taking a slight lead from the above....

Been listening to a very cool EP over the last few days by a couple of ridiculously young sisters (12 and 14!!) that go by the name Charm Of Finches. Extremely talented for their age, penning gorgeous spare folk tunes, adorned with beautiful vocals that really take off when harmonising together.

Never been much of a Smashing Pumpkins fan. Thought Gish was okay, and rate Siamese Dream as a bonafide masterpiece, but reckon everything that has come after that has been patchy at best. But Siamese Dream rocks. Ironically, I reckon possibly the only weak link on the album is "Disarm". Don't mind the tune, but on an album that trades in no-bullshit guitar power, thought it was a little too cheesy. An exercise in contrived, overblown melodrama with the leading strings and timpanis and bells and what not.

So, personally, I prefer this far more understated version.

LOL.

In a very similar vein, Ella doing 1979. My mate was going out with her at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back