Essendon, where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Never really thought of them as soft, rather an ok side who did ok last year.

With about 12 other sides could go either way this year. Look a bit light on in the midfield

This is about right, I think. A lot of changes in the mid group this year, so a few have to step up. But the opportunity to do so is absolutely there.

I just don't get swept away with media/optimistic expectations from others.

Will believe it when I see it.

Essendon along with 17 other clubs are aiming to improve this year. It's not just going to happen despite what many believe is a good list.

Would rather have a Richmond 2017 year and come into the season with absolute minimal expectations. Too much backslapping for February and already making me reach for the bucket.

Finals success drought reaching 14 years. Very underwhelming for a 'power' club.
Good post. Would read again.

I just don't get swept away with media/optimistic expectations from others.

Will believe it when I see it.

Essendon along with 17 other clubs are aiming to improve this year. It's not just going to happen despite what many believe is a good list.

Would rather have a Richmond 2017 year and come into the season with absolute minimal expectations. Too much backslapping for February and already making me reach for the bucket.

Finals success drought reaching 14 years. Very underwhelming for a 'power' club.

The club needs to show they done with mediocrity, I agree, but Essendon as a club have come from a long way back and as supporters we haven't had much to look forward to since the early 2000's. After all this time we finally have this young, talented and entertaining team to watch that has the potential to win. After years of hearing negativity about our club everywhere we turned, you seem to want to keep it going with the pessimism that you post with regularly. I'd prefer to just have a little faith and see what happens this year. Some are daring to dream, so what? It's called having faith in your club, nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully. Had a few handy late picks recently - Hardwick and Sicily.

Where do you see the Blues ending up this year? I think they might surprise a few personally

Best case scenario is about 10th and we win 10 or so games, that’s on the proviso our main senior guys play the majority of the year and guys like Weitering, marchbank, Fisher, Curnow, sps and Pickett go to another level this year. Also see if someone like Paddy Dow can make an instant impact.

I think we had 7 games last year which we led in the last quarter and lost last year, I’d say we should be able to run our games better now. Obviously some of the improvements of younger guys maybe offset somewhat without Gibbs and doch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back