NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're spot on Iceman. It's now late February and there's not too many decent players out there that are uncontracted. I believe Kilmore's reasonably happy with the senior list, they just need to get a number of blokes off their backsides and provide the numbers to give them some depth.
Picked up any notables? Plenty going out

I hear Broadford are struggling as well.
Could we possibly see a merger sometime in the near future?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

About the only the way Mitchell Shire could then say the club has more than one oval. Abosulte joke at present, 11 juniors teams, one patch of grass and still no genuine foreward plannign for growth. Only gunna get worse up here if the club can't legitimately offer facilities to match the rate of the growth in the area.

Does Kilmore lose u/19 players to Saturday school footy with Assumption?

Thats happened forever and a day, the ACK thing is a different topic. Up until recent times the ACK kids still were local club aligned and represented Kilmore when on holidays or byes etc, and often they brought a mate or two along.

The perefect case for me was the late Zane Collier. Played seniors for me at 15/16 around school commitments, yes he was approached to play 3rds elsewhere but as his dad said "we live in Kilmore so until he can drive himself or has to move away he'll play here when he can."

That kid and family had a massive impact on my whole phsyche around backing struggling clubs .... and unlike many that lad had genuine talent that would've take him to higher standards.

For me the worrying pattern has shown that more often than not the players/families that pull away after the KJFC days are often ACK aligned. I understand the whole private school thing dont get me wrong, but there's that community element that for some reason never seems to amalgamate.

Let's not beat around the bush here, unless you're running out at 2pm at a genuine higher level of football two's footy is two's footy and 3rds footy is generally dominated by the better grown and developed group of top agers.

If towns like Kilmore are good enough to live, school and shop in - why not be known as a local contributor until the day that study, work or love drags you away.

Thats happened forever and a day, the ACK thing is a different topic. Up until recent times the ACK kids still were local club aligned and represented Kilmore when on holidays or byes etc, and often they brought a mate or two along.

The perefect case for me was the late Zane Collier. Played seniors for me at 15/16 around school commitments, yes he was approached to play 3rds elsewhere but as his dad said "we live in Kilmore so until he can drive himself or has to move away he'll play here when he can."

That kid and family had a massive impact on my whole phsyche around backing struggling clubs .... and unlike many that lad had genuine talent that would've take him to higher standards.

For me the worrying pattern has shown that more often than not the players/families that pull away after the KJFC days are often ACK aligned. I understand the whole private school thing dont get me wrong, but there's that community element that for some reason never seems to amalgamate.

Let's not beat around the bush here, unless you're running out at 2pm at a genuine higher level of football two's footy is two's footy and 3rds footy is generally dominated by the better grown and developed group of top agers.

If towns like Kilmore are good enough to live, school and shop in - why not be known as a local contributor until the day that study, work or love drags you away.
Well said Doona. It's also great to see Zane's younger brother Reid at the club this year. Although still eligible for 3rds, I can see Reid being a regular for the seniors this year. Yes Rusted Nuts, there has not been a large number of clearances into Kilmore but it is compensated by the number of quality ACK boys such as Reid, Ben Cooney, Daniel Matthew and others who were already on the books and will be regular senior footballers this year. That coupled with the return of big Mick McCulloch who is returning after missing more than a year after a serious injury, Kilmore's situation is not that bad.

T
Well said Doona. It's also great to see Zane's younger brother Reid at the club this year. Although still eligible for 3rds, I can see Reid being a regular for the seniors this year. Yes Rusted Nuts, there has not been a large number of clearances into Kilmore but it is compensated by the number of quality ACK boys such as Reid, Ben Cooney, Daniel Matthew and others who were already on the books and will be regular senior footballers this year. That coupled with the return of big Mick McCulloch who is returning after missing more than a year after a serious injury, Kilmore's situation is not that bad.
then why the desperate pleas after 15-20 blokes training? Hope your are right it’s never great seeing a club go through battles. I’m sure you guys will ok

Tough ask for Kilmore to finish that high up you'd think. Whod be above 4th? Obviously PH and St Marys are a given
Have no idea, was replying with sarcasm as to where lalor would sit currently. Alphabetically that's where they would be....

That ordinary attempt at humour aside, hopefully Lalor can be competitive and start the rebuild, Kilmore also for that matter. Nobody wants to see either club close the doors for good

Have no idea, was replying with sarcasm as to where lalor would sit currently. Alphabetically that's where they would be....

That ordinary attempt at humour aside, hopefully Lalor can be competitive and start the rebuild, Kilmore also for that matter. Nobody wants to see either club close the doors for good
Any word or thoughts on Laurimar out there, heard they've got good numbers

Any word or thoughts on Laurimar out there, heard they've got good numbers

Heaps of kids and blokes who haven’t played for a while and returning to footy. Are all the old blokes still playing week in week out? A lot will depend on how many games Sherman plays. My tip is 4-5 wins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of kids and blokes who haven’t played for a while and returning to footy. Are all the old blokes still playing week in week out? A lot will depend on how many games Sherman plays. My tip is 4-5 wins
Yeah fair enough, from what I saw last year I thought they held their own first up with seniors so you would think that might attract a few players wanting senior footy without being smashed every week like St Mary's for their first 3-4 years and look where they're at now

Great to see my boys at west recruiting well, looking forward to the comp this year
I think St Mary’s p/h and west to fill the top 3 clear, south m and Epping to slide after a bad off season Mernda,Larimar,Kilmore and reservoir to improve only because the comp will not be as strong,like I said top3 to be a mile ahead .
And unfortunately Lalor won’t be in div 3 they will fold.the club to their credit have tried their best but without jnr it is a tough ask

Yeah fair enough, from what I saw last year I thought they held their own first up with seniors so you would think that might attract a few players wanting senior footy without being smashed every week like St Mary's for their first 3-4 years and look where they're at now

I’m not sure 1 win qualifies as “holding there own” yeah the burra took some heavy hits early but they played there own kids from day one never never paid anybody during its foundation years and didn’t stall kids development by playing 35-40 year olds

I’m not sure 1 win qualifies as “holding there own” yeah the burra took some heavy hits early but they played there own kids from day one never never paid anybody during its foundation years and didn’t stall kids development by playing 35-40 year olds
It was 2 wins by the way and I saw them in the second last round against Banyule and only got beaten by about 5 goals and apparently had 7 under 17 kids playing because the 17's season had finished by then so that doesn't sound like they're stalling their kids development. This is St Mary's 9th senior season so how much longer do they need to wait for these developed 'kids' to start climbing divisions. I've seen them play too and too many of there blokes have a way too inflated opinion of themselves

It was 2 wins by the way and I saw them in the second last round against Banyule and only got beaten by about 5 goals and apparently had 7 under 17 kids playing because the 17's season had finished by then so that doesn't sound like they're stalling their kids development. This is St Mary's 9th senior season so how much longer do they need to wait for these developed 'kids' to start climbing divisions. I've seen them play too and too many of there blokes have a way too inflated opinion of themselves
I apologise for discrediting 1 of your victories. Interested to see how you lads go this year. Also lost games by 90, 109, 145 (st Mary’s), 122, 130 & 115 but not a terrible first up season.

A formal request to the NFNL will be made Monday morning surrounding the immediate future of the Lalor Football Club

For further details www.bloodsfnc.com.au
Great stuff over the last 5 months Ben. Would have been easy to give up. Lets hope some players decide to jump on board in the next week or so and help the bloods name thrive. They have a great coach to guide them and terrific president

A formal request to the NFNL will be made Monday morning surrounding the immediate future of the Lalor Football Club

For further details www.bloodsfnc.com.au

The best outcome for the clubs survival, Good luck! I'll be trying my best to hang around the club and do my bit as much as possibly over the season :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back