New Zealand vs England 2017/18 (5 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

England's endless tour continues with the New Zealand portion of 5 ODIs and 2 Tests. Both licking their wounds after their domination by Australia in the T20 Tri Series, whilst they split their head to head matches one win a piece.

First ODI in Hamilton today with Ben Stokes back for the first time since his Affray charge. New Zealand has won the toss and chosen to bowl - England are 1/12 after 5 overs.

Another superb ODI. Tremendous format

Yeah but the format is DEAD I tell you *stamps feet*.

Good win by the Kiwis, would say that they are two evenly matched teams but did feel the English batting might be just a bit deeper. Great knock by Taylor and very impressive for Santner to take them over the line.

Yeah but the format is DEAD I tell you *stamps feet*.

Good win by the Kiwis, would say that they are two evenly matched teams but did feel the English batting might be just a bit deeper. Great knock by Taylor and very impressive for Santner to take them over the line.

Might seem inconsequential and he only played a small role last night but having southee at 9 gives NZ a bit of a ‘no asking rate is too much’ feel IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think that having one dayers before tests gives the one dayers a bit more meaning?

When they’re played afterwards no one gives a f***. This way guys can press claims for a test spot, find a weakness in an opponent, get a mental edge etc.

I always prefer them before. An entree to the main course, if you will. Would love the Aussie summer to have the ODI's before the tests so that the tests can be pushed further back into the School Holidays. Would make sense given the First Class schedule runs 50 over / 4-day / BBL / 4-day

Does anyone else think that having one dayers before tests gives the one dayers a bit more meaning?

When they’re played afterwards no one gives a f***. This way guys can press claims for a test spot, find a weakness in an opponent, get a mental edge etc.

I think everyone would like them to be at the start of the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back