Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rucci and co talked down the place?. Thats what did it?.Think it did a pretty good job of that itself.

Donald Trump said it was a bigger shithole than most African countries he had seen.

It was cold, out of the way, difficult to exit, nowhere nearby to do anything if you didn't want to go the lakes was basically branded in one teams livery bugger all fans travelled to it from interstate for away games I could go on.

Still gets me that your average Karparkistan fan couldn't see how much of a bad deal it was for them as well. They could have been gazzilionaires but nah , nearly 30 years on still no clubrooms still #shitclubnohistory

Rucci and co talked down the place?. Thats what did it?.Think it did a pretty good job of that itself.

179081-b2b78c8c-3bdd-11e4-bf5a-0352721e6660.jpg

"Not a patch on the fish fingers at AAMI, Michelangelo - I hold you responsible for that, ha ha ha ha!"

and constant bagging of the stadium by Rucci and Co)

lol. it was an obsolescent hole run by a mob of tone-deaf gangsters who thought the affiliation agreement was bulletproof, allowing them to bleed both licences in perpetuity, regardless of the evolving circumstances that had culminated in Port Adelaide clinging to life and the Crows starting to take on water.

forgetting how wonderful the Oval redevelopment is in isolation, just the fact it's within walking distance by rail connected to all four corners of the metro area has been a ridiculous gamechanger in terms of getting people to games who otherwise wouldn't or couldn't go (driving was always a chore, the buses were a time-consuming nightmare), let alone regulars who might otherwise decide they have something more important to do.

in hindsight I'm glad whicker, olsen and the other tinpot sausage sizzlers tried to unashamedly screw us to the wall. had they listened to haysman's pleas for an overhaul of the revenue-sharing system in 2009, and Port had started slowly creeping back into the black, the 'sensible solution' may have got up after all and we'd all be doomed to trundling out to West Lakes forever.

a fate worse than death.

This decision reminds me of this song. Specifically the start of the 3rd verse. “What the game coming to? Lucky I’m here to save it who the **** are you”..

Interstate sides seriously need to make noise about the double standards when it comes to this s**t. As even port fans have mentioned. Cotchin. Last year.

I know fines are dealt out for speaking out against decisions , but if the interstate sides came together in 1 press conference and said “enough”. We would have more of a chance.

Remember that final against hawthorn you guys stormed home in and got absolutely robbed? Remember that final the crows played against hawks in 2013 I think and absolutely robbed. Remember that Sydney gf against bulldogs and absolutely robbed , remember that freo Geelong final they moved to skilled at the last second and it was 30 frees to 3 at half time or something and when freo still won they refused to play the freo song and Johnson and Selwood sooked and wouldn’t shake hands? it honestly feels like we might as well not turn up because they don’t want us there . That’s obvious.

If that’s the case let’s just start our own ******* interstate competition and leave the failing vicco clubs that can’t support themselves financially to fall. We prop them up. We get the s**t time slots and are expected to sell out the s**t time slots. Meanwhile north vs Gold Coast (afl love child) Saturday night match round 1 (crowd predictions? 12,000?) . Can’t wait for the other Saturday night blockbusters this year at a glance I see st.kilda vs Collingwood, Brisbane vs Collingwood, Gold Coast vs Collingwood.

Can’t wait for those blockbuster Saturday night games.

Would this rival competition be formed only by Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Freemantle, and Sydney? Perhaps a Tassie side? But wouldn't be six clubs a bit too few for an independent league?

P.S.: I brought the reply to this thread so it stays on topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol how the f@&k are there still people defending AAMI Stadium after experiencing the majesty of football at Adelaide Oval?
Forgetting revenue shares, three keys to a successful ground are fan experience / comfort, ease to get to and closeness to other entertainment facilities (pubs, clubs, etc). West Lakes the trifecta of a s**t dated stadium, that was a pain to get to and it’s pre/post game was McDonalds or West Lakes Westfield. Woot.

I just wish Koch and KT weren’t so diplomatic and they regularly reminded everyone Adelaide and the SANFL had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the 21st century.

lol. it was an obsolescent hole run by a mob of tone-deaf gangsters who thought the affiliation agreement was bulletproof, allowing them to bleed both licences in perpetuity, regardless of the evolving circumstances that had culminated in Port Adelaide clinging to life and the Crows starting to take on water.

forgetting how wonderful the Oval redevelopment is in isolation, just the fact it's within walking distance by rail connected to all four corners of the metro area has been a ridiculous gamechanger in terms of getting people to games who otherwise wouldn't or couldn't go (driving was always a chore, the buses were a time-consuming nightmare), let alone regulars who might otherwise decide they have something more important to do.

in hindsight I'm glad whicker, olsen and the other tinpot sausage sizzlers tried to unashamedly screw us to the wall. had they listened to haysman's pleas for an overhaul of the revenue-sharing system in 2009, and Port had started slowly creeping back into the black, the 'sensible solution' may have got up after all and we'd all be doomed to trundling out to West Lakes forever.

a fate worse than death.

Just on this, the Crows never should have been in such a position. Yet, the complete denial from the majority of their supporter base kept on. A few saw what was happening but the rest would have happily marched on into the gulag none the wiser. And then they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Adelaide Oval. As usual, only one AFL club does the heavy lifting in this state.

Lol how the f@&k are there still people defending AAMI Stadium after experiencing the majesty of football at Adelaide Oval?

As if you’re surprised. There are some Crows supporters out there who if you showed them Trav’s work with the Childhood Cancer Association would probably take up a pro-childhood cancer stance in response. If it’s Ports, it’s bad.

So apparently, Sloane is about to re sign, apparently for massive unders (as with all their players apparently- I don't know how they reach their cap, I really don't)
I guess over yonder the vile stuff thrown about regarding Belinda will be retracted and deleted.

Oh well we better stop posting humorous images and countdown posts about him now

Sloane named Vice Captain with Walker Captain. Probably the biggest sign yet that he's staying imo. Club has been more confident in recent times.
Club offering him a massive salary that constrains their ability to chase targets at trade and free agency. Of course they'll say he's stayed for unders despite this. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back