Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If that was one of our players we would scream blue murder and want us to appeal.

To the letter of the law he should get a game but I feel a touch uncomfortable seeing a guy get a week for that.
Yeah but we saw guys get a week for that all the time last year. The rules haven't changed.

CotchIn should have gotten a week. There's the rub. AFL have no interest in port.

Just send a stack of emails for Saturdays show with the following:-

1) what are Port saying about the racist comment?
2) when is Ollie going to put pen to paper and re-sign for Port?
3) what was Grays intention - the ball or the man?
Won't get by the producer/Port employee. ;)

We need every Crows BF poster to ring up AA Saturday morning and force the issue.
Have to get past the Port Media Manager first

Just ring and say you’re Gregory from Taperoo ringing to talk about how good Ken Hinkley is, then lay it all out when you get on air

Have to get past the Port Media Manager first

Just ring and say you’re Gregory from Taperoo ringing to talk about how good Ken Hinkley is, then lay it all out when you get on air

They’d cut you off real quick. Last time I did that they read out part of my email and then Rucci quickly shut it down and they all agreed that there was definitely a Crows fan who racially vilified Paddy Ryder lol.

Yeah but we saw guys get a week for that all the time last year. The rules haven't changed.

CotchIn should have gotten a week. There's the rub. AFL have no interest in port.
Richmond were the 2nd miraculous VFL "drought breaker" under Gill. Just when the VFL public was turning off AFL. Can't have Cotch getting rubbed out or Richmond playing in Geelong. The agenda is king.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In seriousness though there's a good reason the local media haven't touched it. Which mates do you invite to watch you play footy? Good mates. SPP would know what they're like. By extension his views may not be that far removed considering he knows their views and is still good mates with them.

Hard to pedal for a club that makes a song and dance about their indigenous programs etc when a player invites his mates to the footy and they go off with the N word. Especially after banana gate etc.

No doubt at all a hush plea went out.

I think that's taking things too far. I am friends with some people that have some very different views from my own. Yes, if they make racist, sexist or homophobic remarks I would either pull them up on it and would distance our friendship. However, it's not fair to suggest that having racist friends makes you racist yourself.

On top of that, we have no way of knowing if SPP is "good mates" with them (or if he ever was).

I expect that AFL footballers have a number of "mates" that are more like acquaintances or friends of friends, who try and make a big deal about knowing a player. Often the reality is that they just went to the same school and the footballer wasn't even friends with them, they just moved in the same social circles.

Champagne Charlie Dixon is not the sharpest tool in the Alberton toolshed. With comments on radio like “I don’t even know what the system is, what the rules are, what you can and can’t do — no one does." and “I get that annoyed with it. It’s a contact sport, we play a contact sport — you’ve got to realise that and s*** happens.”
This from someone that drank wine in a hotel before a game and tried to mask it by charging it to the teams hotel bill or the same guy that did not understand the shot clock and lost a game at Geelong.

www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/charlie-dixon-frustrated-by-lack-of-clarity-around-bump-rules-following-robbie-grays-suspension/news-story/77e7d97c9e28023c6ac897a72e9571b5

Come on now. It was defintley worth seeing what the lay of the land was in the new environment. Not like you to buy into silly sterotypes (eg $10K will make the Power go broke).
Im assuming the rules have changed and there was no chance of him getting 2 matches instead of 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back