Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whichever galoot said Bullet With Butterfly Wings is the Pumpkins worst song can **** right off too!
What a peanut!
No idea!
It's terrible. So generic and mainstream. Ugh.

Whichever galoot said Bullet With Butterfly Wings is the Pumpkins worst song can **** right off too!
What a peanut!
No idea!

It's obviously not their worst song but it's massively overrated.

My friend, I've won twice with SP songs and that was one of them, so objectively false.
You won back when the contest went to the most generic and boring rock songs.
Now the gen y's and their shitty music have taken over these songs don't stand a chance.

The other one you won with was Disarm. One of their most underrated songs.

It's obviously not their worst song but it's massively overrated.
I don't like it. Of all the pumpkins songs I have heard it is my least favourite.

Actually scrap that - tonight tonight is worse.

Now the gen y's and their shitty music have taken over these songs don't stand a chance.

The contest has never gone to the most generic rock songs, otherwise I would have thirty odd wins already and be romping this thing in. I'd be like the Hawthorn of the song contest.

Wait, now you don't like Tonight Tonight?

Next you'll be telling me you're not too keen on Let Me Give The World To You as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

90s rock*. edgie has nommed AC/DC countless times yet hasn't even podiumed. The one time they did, he gave it to CakeEater because he struggled for a nom (80s music videos with keytars/headless guitars). A few melts ensued there.

90s rock*. edgie has nommed AC/DC countless times yet hasn't even podiumed. The one time they did, he gave it to CakeEater because he struggled for a nom (80s music videos with keytars/headless guitars). A few melts ensued there.
See here's the thing. Despite technically being a millenial I am a child of the 80's so I grew up on generation x music. I have quite obviously tried to nom them with no luck. So forgive me for being a bit bitter that as soon as I joined the competition these songs started losing. Been playing for nearly 150 rounds and have still not reached twenty podiums.

But smashing pumpkins are a band that have never done much for me. Aside from a few songs.

See here's the thing. Despite technically being a millenial I am a child of the 80's so I grew up on generation x music. I have quite obviously tried to nom them with no luck. So forgive me for being a bit bitter that as soon as I joined the competition these songs started losing. Been playing for nearly 150 rounds and have still not reached twenty podiums.

But smashing pumpkins are a band that have never done much for me. Aside from a few songs.
You have more podiums than Marklar and the fly who have appeared in 200+ contests. You need just one more.

Thanks for bringing that up, you campaigner. Now I need a light drink to blow off some steam.

43580_5_9999_med_v1_m56577569854673928.png

I gave that nom away during the height of AC/DC fatigue, in a theme that I thought people will lose it that they managed to qualify for, whilst IIRC I was in the middle of a purple patch of results. Massive backfire.

You have more podiums than Marklar and the fly who have appeared in 200+ contests. You need just one more.
Surprised Marklar has so few podiums. I can see the fly as his taste isn't shared by a lot of people here, but Marklar I expected more from.

I understand where you're coming from, even though I'm a few years younger than you (because I too am technically an 80s child, but most of my favourite songs are from the musical generation before mine) .

You do have a badge though- 5 (?or more) wins from less than 150 rounds is still a great rate

If people want more podiums I'm happy to PM them some of my playlists. I'm a sharer.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm loyal to my teams
Whether that's #integrity , #royals , #eagles #scorchers or #blackcaps
In no particular order :p

Surprised Marklar has so few podiums. I can see the fly as his taste isn't shared by a lot of people here, but Marklar I expected more from.
Yeah I'm very surprised marklar hasn't gotten twenty either. When I started he dominated. Won three or four in the first twenty rounds I think. I was so jealous. The fly not so much. He like ula has gotten plenty of fives from me. It's strange because I'm the case of ula it hasn't been reciprocated but if I were to have a list of which player had given me the most fives since I started I'd say it would be the fly.

Better be a decent theme next since I've made my return.

roo2macca, would you know what the longest absence from the comp is?
brahj first appeared in round 15 and didn't appear again until round 173. He then took another break and re-appeared in round 254.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back