Former Demon & Docker Jeff White Suffers A Stroke

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl...e-at-40/ar-BBJY5v8?li=AAavLaF&ocid=spartandhp

They say life begins at 40. And for 40-year-old Jeff White, life was ticking along nicely. But as he stood in the laundry of his Gold Coast home, everything changed.

"I felt like my balance was going to the left, I felt like somebody was pushing me, then my arm was stuck, I couldn't feel my arm, I couldn't move my arm...I had no control over it whatsoever. It was very weird. Very surreal,” he recalled.

White, a champion footballer with Fremantle and Melbourne, had suffered a stroke.

Since retiring from AFL, he'd experienced the occasional dizzy spell and loss of balance. A busy father and successful businessman, he put it down to fatigue. As it turns out, something much more sinister was at play.

All the best to him. Strokes at any age can be bad news.

Since retiring from AFL, he'd experienced the occasional dizzy spell and loss of balance. A busy father and successful businessman, he put it down to fatigue. As it turns out, something much more sinister was at play.
Anyway to test for this? I get this sometimes (dizzy spells, fatigue), and got a bunch of tests done. Nothing out of order. I never feel like GPs are giving you the full suite of tests.

All the best to him. Strokes at any age can be bad news.

Anyway to test for this? I get this sometimes (dizzy spells, fatigue), and got a bunch of tests done. Nothing out of order. I never feel like GPs are giving you the full suite of tests.
Have you had a heart stress test? Echocardiogram? Basically make you walk/run until you cant take another step then jam an ultrasound around your heart

Have you had a heart stress test? Echocardiogram? Basically make you walk/run until you cant take another step then jam an ultrasound around your heart
Yeah had one a few years ago, turned up nothing. Was long ago now that maybe I should do it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my wife's besties had a stroke a few years back, she was 28 at the time. Live life to the full, anything can happen.
Best of luck to White and his family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back