NFL 2018 NFL Draft - 27/04/2018 [No Twitter Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

He did play under centre (30% of snaps?) a lot which is a bonus especially compared to the other QBs who barely have. I'll give you that.

I couldn't care how good his throwing motion and footwork is (it actually makes his stats look worse)... the guy was so inaccurate it is laughable that he's a top 3 pick.

He's not as inaccurate as those stats most would lead you to believe. He played without receivers in the worst climate in college football. I agree, it's a concern, but I'd rather trust what I saw on the field than box scores. A lot of incompletions this season, were from throw away balls, rather than trying to force something to happen like he did in 2016. For me, that shows excellent development [/quote]

Box scores and college stats meaning nothing is a lie. Name me some good/great NFL QBs that had such poor college stats like Allen has? Yes, just because you have great college stats doesnt mean it translates into the NFL, but when you struggle so much in college (in a weak conference mind you), well then....
I agree again. The evidence doesn't exactly scream pick 1, but his film and improvement do. Not many quarterbacks come from the Mountain West, but I'll back Allen to be the outlier.

This class has a lot of 2011 about it. Allen will bust and at least 1 of Rosen/Darnold will too (if not both).
Your opinion, fine.

Allen will be a star, Rosen will not start fifteen games in his career.

My rankings would be:

Mayfield
Rudolph

Jackson
Rosen/Darnold

Allen

Allen to bust. Mayfield to have a good career. 2 or 3 of the middle 4 to be busts. Its hard without knowing their landing spots.

Why dont you like Rosen Buzzasto DaSilva?
He's so immobile that he has to be a pocket passer but he is very timid in there. His leadership qualities are non existence and his attitude brings question marks.

He's naturally gifted enough to get by if he's in the right organisation but I cant see him ever being a star QB.

He's so immobile that he has to be a pocket passer but he is very timid in there. His leadership qualities are non existence and his attitude brings question marks.

He's naturally gifted enough to get by if he's in the right organisation but I cant see him ever being a star QB.
What do you mean by timid? Is argue one of his weaknesses is he tries to do too much at times and be a hero leading to bad passes as opposed to being timid.

I always think judging someone's attitude coming out of college is BS especially without meeting them. People who have met him say his attitude has improved anyway

He's not as inaccurate as those stats most would lead you to believe. He played without receivers in the worst climate in college football. I agree, it's a concern, but I'd rather trust what I saw on the field than box scores. A lot of incompletions this season, were from throw away balls, rather than trying to force something to happen like he did in 2016. For me, that shows excellent development

[/QUOTE]

Earlier article I posted stated that he was something like 1 for 10 for throws >20 yds down right side and something like 10 for 40 for >20 yds(through the air) in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why dont you like Rosen Buzzasto DaSilva?
Locks down on one receiver more so than I've seen from any quarterback in the pac 12. I don't mind the fact that he's a stand and throw player, but if he's going to be a one read quarterback, he needs to be prepared to move his feet, and I've seen nothing to suggest he's willing or capable of doing that.

The fact that no one can really argue which QB is better, more which QB is less s**t, shows the Browns should just get Barkley with #1 and get a known stud, Chubb is going 2 or 3, most likely only one QB will be taken before pick 4, at least then 1 is not a gamble.

Last edited:
The fact that no one can really argue which QB is better, more which QB is less s**t, shows the Browns should just get Barkley with #1 and get a known stud, Chubb is going 2 or 3, most likely only one QB will be taken before pick 4, at least then 1 is not a gamble.

It's posts like these that make me want a dislike button

#QbAt1

That's ridiculous. The thread is full of posts talking about the strengths of different quarterbacks. Just because a few of us disagree about which one should be top, doesn't mean a Front Office will pass over the best QB class in many years.

Running Backs should never be taken top three, ever. Barkley is a possible exception as it's a serious need for both the Giants and Colts- but in every ear other than this one- there's far too much risk involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back