Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I share BOO's view in that I'm glad someone went for a band's "lesser-known" song as opposed to their others that get flogged on Gold FM.
I was thinking of this as a #Theme Lesser Album Cuts or lesser singles in much the same way you have just talked about

Why do people think it's funny to say they only vote for old music, it's really not very funny and is a horribly overdone joke.

And if they're not joking and are being serious that's even worse, it's effectively boasting about being a close-minded idiot.

I used to but I don't have the space. Half my storage shed back home is full of boxes of CD and vinyl. Before coming over I ripped it all onto a stick that my wife conveniently hid where no-one can find it....including herself. :mad:
Divorced.

Gold Dust Woman pathetically obvious? It wasn't even released a single, Go Your Own Way, The Chain, Dreams and Don't Stop would've been the real vote-getters. Are you sure you're not thinking of Little Lies? I share BOO's view in that I'm glad someone went for a band's "lesser-known" song as opposed to their others that get flogged on Gold FM.
Every man and his dog has heard Rumours. It really doesn't need to be flogged to death anymore. I agree, though. Little Lies is even more pathetically obvious and in more immediate danger of receiving my Billy (not helped by the fact that it's the weaker of the two songs).
If it's after 1997, it's obscure to me.
Cool. Glad I could expose you to one of the most beautiful songs of all time. :)

You deserve to sit in the corner with LW.
Nobody deserves that level of punishment. Something a bit less severe involving stakes, honey, and ants.

Gold Dust Woman pathetically obvious? It wasn't even released a single, Go Your Own Way, The Chain, Dreams and Don't Stop would've been the real vote-getters. Are you sure you're not thinking of Little Lies? I share BOO's view in that I'm glad someone went for a band's "lesser-known" song as opposed to their others that get flogged on Gold FM.
I know Little Lies through my dad! He used to play Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits haha. Never heard of the other one but looking forward to listening to it.

Every man and his dog has heard Rumours. It really doesn't need to be flogged to death anymore. I agree, though. Little Lies is even more pathetically obvious and in more immediate danger of receiving my Billy (not helped by the fact that it's the weaker of the two songs).

Cool. Glad I could expose you to one of the most beautiful songs of all time. :)

Billying a song because you think its too obvious is a dumb reason to billy a song.

Billy a song you hate or you think is the worst on the list, that is what the billy is.. not whatever song that isn't obscure enough for you..

Why do people think it's funny to say they only vote for old music, it's really not very funny and is a horribly overdone joke.

And if they're not joking and are being serious that's even worse, it's effectively boasting about being a close-minded idiot.
I usually vote for old music, after I listen to the new s**t.

Everyone knows I don't listen to the playlist.
I was showing surprise at the amount of songs.
That's cool. That's all you had to say.
You said my song is s**t.
I didn't say your song is s**t. It's okay. I just said I probably won't give it any votes
Leave it in or take it out.
It's in already. I said I'd remove it only if you wanted me to.

So now we've cleared that up, I'm going to pour myself another drink, listen to these noms and cast my votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame I won't listen to it.

I changed from this. The best album of 2007.

Billying a song because you think its too obvious is a dumb reason to billy a song.

Billy a song you hate or you think is the worst on the list, that is what the billy is.. not whatever song that isn't obscure enough for you..
I wouldn't Billy anything outright for that but I think it can contribute, like in the 2010s round I billied Adele's Hello because it's a horribly overplayed and overrated song everyone knows, and the nommer had nearly 8 years of music to choose from, even though there were 2 or 3 songs thought were worse.

I know Little Lies through my dad! He used to play Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits haha. Never heard of the other one but looking forward to listening to it.
pdwm.php

My billy usually goes to the song that disappoints me the most so if it's a crap song by a good band for instance or a song that was shortlisted and ended up sucking royal dick

I wouldn't Billy anything outright for that but I think it can contribute, like in the 2010s round I billied Adele's Hello because it's a horribly overplayed and overrated song everyone knows, and the nommer had nearly 8 years of music to choose from, even though there were 2 or 3 songs thought were worse.

Wasn't talking to you :p

No. I came here to find new music, not listen to music I've already heard (in some cases heard too much). If there's no song that's too s**t, I will instead give my Billy to a whore choice. Heck, whore choices arguably deserve to be Billied more than bad songs that are at least unknown by most the contest.
Shame I won't listen to it.
I try to help people with their s**t tastes, but some people truly are allergic to good music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back