Not open for further replies.

UFO Tatsu

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 11, 2012
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
This may come across as a bit of a strange comment on here but

I caught a taxi home last night. The driver jacked the price up double before I handed my card over thinking I wouldn't realise. I walked off not paying while he had a sook. He tried grabbing my card.

Does this happen to others? What scum would try that?

That is why I take uber. At least if they are going to rip me off, I know it before I get in the car

Nightrain

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was hard to watch Fogarty tearing it up in the first half knowing that we could have had him and desperately need a gun FF. Reminds me of Dunstall the way he leads.

There has to be more to his story. The majority of us in the initial draft poll wanted Fogarty @ 5. Surely the recruiters could see his potential also. The fact that our recruiters and all of those associated with the teams with the first 10 picks passed on him implies that he was a flight risk (as someone has already mentioned) or his injury was of a big concern, whether this was played-up by his management/Crows, who knows.

Sure it was only one game but the kid looked like he was in his 3rd year. Mind you, with our game plan of a ghost-town forward line, it probably wouldn't suit him.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
That's the perk of committing a crime against someone who was breaking the law. What's he going to do?

Not like I have any experience with it.
This is the theory an apprentice of mine had when he suggested we just take a couple of the weed plants a client had growing in their roof. "What could they do, ring up the boss and say.. ummm.. your electricians stole my marijuina.."

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
It was hard to watch Fogarty tearing it up in the first half knowing that we could have had him and desperately need a gun FF. Reminds me of Dunstall the way he leads.

There has to be more to his story. The majority of us in the initial draft poll wanted Fogarty @ 5. Surely the recruiters could see his potential also. The fact that our recruiters and all of those associated with the teams with the first 10 picks passed on him implies that he was a flight risk (as someone has already mentioned) or his injury was of a big concern, whether this was played-up by his management/Crows, who knows.

Sure it was only one game but the kid looked like he was in his 3rd year. Mind you, with our game plan of a ghost-town forward line, it probably wouldn't suit him.
Looked like Pav

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is the theory an apprentice of mine had when he suggested we just take a couple of the weed plants a client had growing in their roof. "What could they do, ring up the boss and say.. ummm.. your electricians stole my marijuina.."

Ever watched Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? It could end badly.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was thinking we probably should have had a banter thread up ahead of today's game but after skimming the last 3-4 pages of the WC JLT thread I'm glad we didn't. Some teenager (I assume) saying that Jack Darling could be a super star and is as good as Jonathan Brown (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - sooooo funny). Then some older guy completely losing his sh*t about the comment for about three pages. Meanwhile the rest of their board closes ranks with the kid. I must have missed the grand final where Brown dropped a load on the wing. The only similarity I can see... Jonathon has brown in his name, Darling has brown in his pants.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would love to see Tom Hawkins get a 50m penalty against him every time he carries on with his sooking about umpire’s decisions. That’s the spectators’ job. It looks disgraceful when a player does it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Reading the WC board atm is very entertaining. Not even half way through it yet - need to get another bottle of Scotch and settle in.

Can't decide which is better - the delusional "it's only pre-season, Nic Nat will make a massive difference, our guys aren't trying" or the wicked witch melters "wooden spoon here we come, we traded our 1st rounder"...? Perhaps both equally delicious?

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think the WC penny is beginning to drop..if you don’t have a powerhouse midfield you have s**t, regardless of whether you have one of the best FF’s in the comp. this will be a long, long season for Meth Coast methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back