Whipping boys tracker thread 2018

Who is your chosen one?

• David Mackay - good runner, but he's no gunner!

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Josh Jenkins - big lump who doesn't bump!

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Curtly Hampton - skills and errors in equal measures!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kyle Hartigan - tall and big but does he know how to kick?

• Andy Otten - versatility without the agility!

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Other - have I missed anyone else? (has to be a whipping boy shared by several members)

• Sam Gibson - can find the ball, but is that all?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The purpose of this thread:
- polling votes to see who the biggest Crows whipping boy on BigFooty for this season.
- to see comments as to why the whipping boys have become whipping boys.
- to see how wrong/right we'll be by the season's end. Will you prove to be like Nostradamus in your predictions? Or will time prove you wrong with your pet hate for player X?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping to see some constructive criticisms along with the poll voting. Personally, I don't have it in me to vote as I don't really have a whipping boy. Andy Otten is probably the player I can see that looks likely to go backwards as his pace looks a step behind most AFL players. The others all have faults so hoping they can improve on this season.

In seasons past its always been Dmac, but I have to admit he did earn some respect the second half of last year stringing some solid yet not mind blowing games together. That being said I suspect his time is pretty much up as a regular in the 1's so its probably unlikely he stays a whipping boy for that reason.

Jenkins is the prime candidate now the FOG has had a good preseason game. If he doesn't play well the wolves will be at the door. Hell if he does play well the wolves will still be at the door, they'll be just a little less howly....

Big & kick don't rhyme
images

I was never a fan of Matt Jaensch but I haven't really had it in for any player since then. I found Matt Crouch very frustrating early in his career but that wasn't really the same. The closest thing to a whipping boy that I have now would be Riley Knight - but again that is different, I like him, I just think that he sucks.

Back