Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XII - The Twelfth One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't really s**t me. More amusing.

When your students come up as suggested friends on Facebook. So they've obviously been checking your page out.

This shits me. Should be able to stalk someone's Facebook without them knowing.

Someone once told me that pickles are on a cheeseburger to stop it being labelled confectionary

Billy Ray what happened????
I thought it was just grille and rad??
I hit a roo not long ago in a late model falcon
Rad support panels needed to be replaced, new bonnet, new grille, bottom skirt all painted and obviously new hood painted
Was only 5 grand damage

Someone once told me that pickles are on a cheeseburger to stop it being labelled confectionary

Rad support panels needed to be replaced, new bonnet, new grille, bottom skirt all painted and obviously new hood painted
Was only 5 grand damage

It appears the towbar did enough damage to bend the main strut (?) under the engine block, so that made damage about 8k, plus mechanical was unknown but at least 1-2k, so as mkt value was about 10k, that was it.
good news, I got 10500 from insurance and have paid 13750 for a later model Subaru outback with better features than I had. so 4k changeover roughly for a 4 year younger car. happy with that. get my new wheels tomorrow.

Was only 5 grand damage
Front end damage is probably the worst place you can cop it just because of all the stuff that's in the front that needs to be dead straight for the car to function properly. What appears at first glance to be a bingle can easily be much, much worse.

Front end damage is probably the worst place you can cop it just because of all the stuff that's in the front that needs to be dead straight for the car to function properly. What appears at first glance to be a bingle can easily be much, much worse.
Yup
I've hit enough roos to learn that one
Last one didn't bust up the rad, but did crack the support panels
Thing I hate the most is waiting for the car to be repaired and driving around a crap loan car

People who don't stand all the way on the left on the escalator. A little more toward the centre and it makes it difficult to get past, especially if they're holding a bag in their hand.

I will without doubt bump their bag intentionally as I walk past to give them the hint to move.

But people are so ******* clueless it wouldn't surprise me if they had no idea that they should move.

People who don't stand all the way on the left on the escalator. A little more toward the centre and it makes it difficult to get past, especially if they're holding a bag in their hand.

I will without doubt bump their bag intentionally as I walk past to give them the hint to move.

But people are so ******* clueless it wouldn't surprise me if they had no idea that they should move.

Nearly always a middle aged woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here's one for you just on this, perhaps a brit can explain
it makes sense to me to stand on left on escalator or stairs so people in a hurry can pass on right. like driving a car.
but in England, the signs on the tubes say stay right so people can pass on left - seems odd as they drive on the left too?

Holborn-Station.jpg

Not being able to take my car out anymore without returning to it with a note under the door handles or wipers from a random offering to buy it.

It is now beyond a joke. I believe the old humble HQ is more sought after in this part of the world than foreign sports cars.

And it frequently stalls! As an auto! Like, go to the internet you people, you'll get a better deal than what I would want.

Sent from mTalk

Not being able to take my car out anymore without returning to it with a note under the door handles or wipers from a random offering to buy it.

It is now beyond a joke. I believe the old humble HQ is more sought after in this part of the world than foreign sports cars.

And it frequently stalls! As an auto! Like, go to the internet you people, you'll get a better deal than what I would want.

Sent from mTalk
tell them you want double what you want - if someone takes it, ka-ching

Saying excuse me usually works too

You are correct, they will just think you are a so clueless that you can't even avoid bumping their bag. Why not just tell them to move?

Last edited:

and people that walk in the middle of the footpath so there isn't enough room on either side to get past

The thing is if you were to say, “Excuse me but would you mind just moving over a tiny bit so I can get past as I’m in a hurry”, I reckon 99% of people would do it happily. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar :) :rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back