Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
5. The Amity Affliction - I Bring The Weather With Me
4. Jesu - Weightless & Horizontal
3. Papa Pilko and The Binrats - Bloodlines
2. Mogwai - Friend Of The Night
1. Genesis - Invisible Touch

B. Cocteau Twins - Love’s Easy Tears :: Meant to change this to one of the songs that didn't fit the theme, but got bitten by the CBF bug.

Nice job with the Grouper nom, NinjaSwan. I have to check out her other stuff, but AIA: Alien Observer is a superb album.

Right up your alley I think, Chappyuk.
Knew that song was SSwans2011 - no votes from me this time though...

William Wonka, I love that song. You got my 5!
To be fair, when I said it wasn't mine, I genuinely believed it wasn't. Getting home past midnight many nights in a row can do bizarre things to one's interpretation.
Because it was an awful song that hurt my ears within the first minute.
Oh FFS, this is the tone-deaf campaigner that won? And to make matters worse he won with baby's first indie rock? White indie high-school students rejoice!

Nice job with the Grouper nom, NinjaSwan. I have to check out her other stuff, but AIA: Alien Observer is a superb album.

To be fair, when I said it wasn't mine, I genuinely believed it wasn't. Getting home past midnight many nights in a row can do bizarre things to one's interpretation.

Oh FFS, this is the tone-deaf campaigner that won? And to make matters worse he won with baby's first indie rock? White indie high-school students rejoice!
Lol look at El Dub light go. :$

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Agent93 Cakeys spreadsheet has you as giving your billy to Fishermans/season
votes.PNG

Lol look at El Dub light go. :$
I've actually eased up recently, but with The Strokes winning (seriously, how ******* boring :rolleyes:) someone needs to point out how pathetically bland most contestant's tastes are. Especially when they are shitting on a single from a band that had arguably one of the the greatest runs of 3 albums of all time.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
I've actually eased up recently, but with The Strokes winning (seriously, how ******* boring :rolleyes:) someone needs to point out how pathetically bland most contestant's tastes are. Especially when they are shitting on a single from a band that had arguably one of the the greatest runs of 3 albums of all time.

What makes your taste so superior to everyone elses?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Ease up tiger. Your nom last round was a snoozefest.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.

I am well aware of Grouper. Cheers.

I am well aware of Grouper. Cheers.
Figured, but just thought I'd make sure. ;)

You ever listened to Julee Cruise's Floating Into The Night? I've been in love with it for a fair few months now and haven't been able to find anything like it (at times it feels very slightly influenced by city pop). I've heard albums that aren't dissimilar, but have looking for albums that really sound like it for ages. Any suggestions?

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Figured, but just thought I'd make sure. ;)

You ever listened to Julee Cruise's Floating Into The Night? I've been in love with it for a fair few months now and haven't been able to find anything like it (at times it feels very slightly influenced by city pop). I've heard albums that aren't dissimilar, but have looking for albums that really sound like it for ages. Any suggestions?

I got into her a bit when Twin Peaks came out but haven't listened for ages. I'd need to have a think about similar stuff.

I definitely would have given Wannabe five.

That would be 5 from me cos memories

I hope you two gave me 5

Thanks Wooshette :) ❤️

Thats the story from A to Zee

clear.png

SPICE ********* GIRLS!

Wannabe is going to win in a landslide.

My fondest memory of wannabe is hearing it all the time and loving the **** out of the song yet thinking the title was "be my lover" - also having no idea who sang it.

Anyway, come Xmas day I received a cassette tape with the "hottest songs of the year" I was very disappointed to not have this song. Then I thought "**** it", played it and the absolute joy when I heard the first song on the tape was this one - my pimply thirteen year old self was beside myself.

And that you all gave me votes

5 Genesis - Invisible Touch - a pop rock classic which I haven’t heard it in years , and one I promptly downloaded last night and have since been playing and belting out on repeat after it “grab(bed) right hold of (my) heart” . Banga Bet on Blue 20th

4 Charlie A’Court - Seeing You Around - Canadian blues /soul sung in such a beautiful voice . I’ll definitely be seeing (it) around the fly 23rd

3 James Dean Bradfield - An English Gentleman- Brit Powerpop at its finest . The words “what mischief makes” won me over . /Mischief managed indeed . NaturalDisaster 4th

2 Housemartins - Caravan of Life - love this capella /almost barbershop like take on such a meaningful song GreyCrow =42nd (so harsh . Commiserations )

1 Leo Delibes - Pizzicato - brings back happy memories of my old keepsake ballerina music box (which had this tune :3) comewhatmay 19th

BM - Fugees - Killing Me Softly With His Song - part of me died when I heard this butchered cover :( Sozabarus

HM The Killers, Eurythymics, Mogwai, Billy Ocean

DHM Dream Academy and Broken Wings :’( from 84/85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back