News Club Song - Re-done

Which song do you prefer?

• Old ‘fable’ version

• New ‘afl’ version

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard KB play it on SEN in the last hour. Supposedly Richo & KB are in the Chorus belting out "Yellow & Black" (but I couldn't pick them out amongst the other standard voices) but on a crappy digital radio I couldn't pick much difference overall bar the skin/shin. But any difference that is bad will be amplified when it is blasted out on the G before the round 1 game against the Tankers. I'll wait to finally judge it then.

But, but, but why?

Why can't they just leave things the farrk alone? Always tinkering with everything at the AFL such as the rules, the bounce, Tribunal and MRP, twilight matches, match start times to suit TV broadcast partners.

Just leave the game we love the farrk alone you peanuts! Less of your interaction every year would be a good thing.

I understand and appreciated the club correcting an incorrect lyric in the fable version but now our correction is pointless.
The AFL should respect that our song is iconic and contributes greatly to many supporters game day experience and was only updated a few months ago by us.

It's been a rough 24 hours. First the news that the cup had been degraded by a Russian strumpet and now our song has been "updated" to sound more youthful.

Bring on Thursday so we can get back to winning games of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

94b8d1ab9d5e01bbdc368ec1bcd20de5.jpg

Back