Club Theme Songs Re-Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Because people have emotional attachments and memories that relate to various things, including songs. This isn't hard to understand.

People in this thread need to stop asking that question, its completely ridiculous. AND I DONT WANT TO HEAR YOUR STUPID WHATABOUTISM WELL PEOPLE ARE STARVING IN AFRICA BULLSHIT
It's not even the song itself that's been changed, it's the sound quality of it.

Traditionalists really need to understand that if something can be made of cleaner quality, it'll be done. It's not going to affect anything at all. People will forget this was even an issue in the coming months

It's not even the song itself that's been changed, it's the sound quality of it.

Traditionalists really need to understand that if something can be made of cleaner quality, it'll be done. It's not going to affect anything at all. People will forget this was even an issue in the coming months
No they won't.

Sounds like the bass singer died and no one could replace him, because all these songs are lacking that 'oomph' the others did. I guess the amount of reverb on the songs reflects the '80s-early '90s as a whole.. But we grew up with it, so bring it back, damn it!!

Adelaide: Less reverb on the vocals. Vocals & horns have less low end. Less bass. More guitar. A hint of shitty synth. "GO CROWS" sounded so weak.
Brisbane: Less distorted guitar. More shitty snare drum on the drum kit. Too much horns coming through.
Carlton: More banjo. Less bass. Muted trombone/tuba is very slurred..... I don't really mind it, to be honest.. Not that offensive. At least it's real brass instruments.
Collingwood: Hahaha.... we know how to play the game. Less bass, is all I can tell.
Essendon: PrEeEemiership flag. I don't notice too much different.
Fremantle: Needs moar guitar ;) This one would always have sounded good cleaned up. Very nice. Shitty cut between the "chorus" and the "we're the rollers and the rockers", though.
Geelong: more we's. Yeesh. Better balance in all the instruments for this one. The second verse ruins it though. That's not the singers fault, "tradition" is just a s**t word to end a phrase with. Needed "fight like hell" to be similar to "GO CROWS" in Adelaide's song.
Gold Coast: You can actually hear ride cymbals and high hats. Never realised how clear of a recording it was. Anyway..
GWS: Ohhhhh, we can't touch this, can we? It's sacred. So unpolished compared to the others.
Hawks: Singers sound too happy.
Melbourne: The higher pitched horns sound pretty weak.
North: The horns sound the same at the start, that's probably what needed to change. So old.
Port: Again, just weak compared to what was a more powerful (hehe) beat-driving song. Fake horns and less timpani doesn't help the build-up.
Richmond: They even somehow weakened the Yellow and Black... HOW.
St. Kilda: Doesn't sound like too much has been changed. The drums fail that roll at the start. Less horns behind the vocals, and some added notes.
Sydney: Vocals lacking, without that strong masculine bass singer.
West Coast: I can feel it, cooooming in the aiiiiir tonight.... Oh looooord. What were they thinking with the '80s drums, and then following it up with the dullest sounding snare ever?
Western Bulldogs: So those synth "horns" stayed. 0:38-0:40 is the worst part of that song. 8-bit-esque.

Good God, Gil.

They ruined the start of our song :(.

When you spent as many years without winning as we did but never stopped attending, the song starts to mean something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG they are absoultly terrible! Not joking at all, these are simply horrific, especially ours.

Geez on the few occasions Carlton wins this year, other clubs will be laughing at us not scared of hearing our song.

Is everything seriously becoming politically correct in the AFL now. What are the old songs deemed "too intimidating" for young kids or something???

Seriously if those are the locked in songs, I won't be going to listen to that garbage

Is everything seriously becoming politically correct in the AFL now. What are the old songs deemed "too intimidating" for young kids or something???
Fantastic melt. Its for sound quality.

Does anyone else think the lead singer(s) have a bit of a posh accent?

The Richmond one sounds a bit 'Tigerlaahnd'

Carlton are the 'Nevvy' blues.

He over pronounces every single word on the Hawks song. It is awful.

Well thank god this isn't set in stone. I just read an article saying that the clubs are the final ones to make the call on whether they adapt the new song, not the AFL.

Eddie is already outraged apparently and has said no for Collingwood. We'd be crazy to say yes to that garbage. Ours is by far the worst of the whole lot. At leased Port and Essendon kept a similar design.

Still Richmond apparently were one of the clubs who requested the change, so they'll be likely to adapt the new one:eek:

St Kilda already did this i swear at one game at Etihad pre game on the big screen they had Billy Miller do a recording of I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside or whatever its called.

Ours is crap and so are a few others. Essendon and “preeeemiership”. The wanky banjo at the start of ours. Geelong sounding like a lullaby.

AFL have stuffed up on this and should have let each club consult its members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back