AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite. Brisbane’s percentage has gone up quite a bit. If the Bulldogs lose to Melbourne by a big margin they could miss out to Brisbane if the Crows also lost.
True, I just did the most likely but it also works for Brisbane if Melbourne beat Dogs by a lot also

Just watching the replay. GWS kicked the first goal with 11 minutes to go in the first quarter....From there Brisbane totally dominated the quarter.:eek:
Like I said before, Brisbane are playing the hungrier football to stay in the Finals hunt. They had to attack to get a percentage boost to jump over Dees/Dogs.

I must be missing something. Crows are a game and quite a bit of percentage behind all three teams in front of us, don’t we have to finish second to make the GF? If so, how are we going to do that considering the huge percentage gap? (Yes I realise Brisbane have just played).
Our draw v Giants means a win puts us on 18 points. Dogs or Melbourne ( if they dont tie) will only go to 20 points and the other stays on 16

Not quite. Brisbane’s percentage has gone up quite a bit. If the Bulldogs lose to Melbourne by a big margin they could miss out to Brisbane if the Crows also lost.
Which makes tonight's result the best possible outcome for us. Dees v Dogs is going to be a tough battle till the end. Because if either side lose by a fair margin, then Brisbane is a chance to jump over the losing side for a Finals spot.

At the end of the day, we just need the damn win! I don't really care who we end up playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which makes tonight's result the best possible outcome for us. Dees v Dogs is going to be a tough battle till the end. Because if either side lose by a fair margin, then Brisbane is a chance to jump over the losing side for a Finals spot.

At the end of the day, we just need the damn win! I don't really care who we end up playing.
I would like to see us beat a Vic team in Victoria. The club needs this.

Very very good chance we make the grand final from here. All we have to do is win on Sunday. It's in our hands. Really hard to believe this could happen with how we started the season.

Would be great to win it after the other clubs didn’t give us a hope in hell in their preseason survey votes.

The only curve ball is if the Dogs and Dees draw. Puts them both on 18 points and given their good % means we’ll need to belt Collingwood to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why does the club need to beat a Vic team in Victoria? For the larger audience?

But yes, it will be hosted in Victoria because looks either Dogs or Dees will get the top spot.
Nah just to shove some smugness back in their faces. I think the club needs to restore some balance. The Vics have had a party at our expense over the pre season. And not just he Vics.

The only curve ball is if the Dogs and Dees draw. Puts them both on 18 points and given their good % means we’ll need to belt Collingwood to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs player 10metres out dead in front after the siren to win by 5 points with a goal.

Oops kicks a point....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Come on Erin..we need your quads to heal soon!

On a side note, is anyone having deja vu with the back-to-back premierships in 97/98, and the Crows AFLW walking a similar path?
In particular, the Crows 98 path for the premiership, I remember we had lost a 1st round Final, and then winning 4 games straight. If we end up winning again this year, we'd have gotten a draw and then winning 4 games straight!

Back