Games & Recreation JK Rowling The Sexual Deviant - The Harry Potter Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

I read that in Rupert Grint’s voice haha

I originally said * if but then changed it because of that.

I saw goblet of fire with my ex and her friend. Her friend and I had both read all the books. My Ex hadn't.

When this scene happened both her friend and I looked at each other incredulously and she said "That wasn't in the book"

When this scene happened both her friend and I looked at each other incredulously and she said "That wasn't in the book"
Fair enough haha
I did that for so many scenes , especially for the earlier movies
When the series ended (and I became older /more tolerant) I started to appreciate the movies more
But they still don’t compete with the books

We all need to read a few chapters a week and analyse them thoroughly. I've always wanted to join a book club
Love this idea ❤️
There has been a book club on pottermore actually
I participated in the first few
But then lost touch from there

We all need to read a few chapters a week and analyse them thoroughly. I've always wanted to join a book club
Was thinking of something similar but not sure how we could do it. It reminds me of something I saw on a Buffy the Vampire Slayer forum I used to be on where they would analyse one episode per week. Would be cool to do it with Harry Potter chapters...

Was thinking of something similar but not sure how we could do it. It reminds me of something I saw on a Buffy the Vampire Slayer forum I used to be on where they would analyse one episode per week. Would be cool to do it with Harry Potter chapters...
Did someone spike your drink with Veritaserum? :D

Did someone spike your drink with Veritaserum? :D
lol - maybe tmi - actually I didn't post on it much - mainly lurked, coz I joined it when they were nearing the end of the discussion!

You were on a Buffy the Vampire slayer forum?

Also por_please_ya and I occasionally play the Harry Potter list on this site
(it's basically Harry Potter -themed Pictionary)
http://www.isketch.net/isketch.shtml
The site has some compatibility issues (for instance it only works for me on explorer, and not chrome/firefox/edge etc)
But if it works for enough people, we should make a room sometime :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon I've done just about every Harry Potter related quiz on Sporcle ever. Any other sporclers here?
Same haha
I went through a H.P sporkle phase a couple of years ago too!
Loved the tricky (grid-like) ones
And the ones which involve speed listing obscure characters :p

Same haha
I went through a H.P sporkle phase a couple of years ago too!
Loved the tricky (grid-like) ones
And the ones which involve speed listing obscure characters :p
Yeah it's been a while since I've done any, so I'm sure there are new ones now. I'm terrible at those logic squares, but love listing as many characters etc. as I can.

See OP for Questionnaire - feel free to answer as many or as few questions as you like - answer all 30 to get a badge once we decide what to make it/create one.

Awesome work OES :)

1) Hogwarts House:
Ravenclaw
(Slytherin after a Slytherin/Gryffindor hatstall as per the original pottermore sorting. I still occasionally get those 2 houses. Never hufflepuff)

2) Wand:
Chestnut, Unicorn Hair, 10", hard flexibility

3) Patronus:
Husky

4) Ilvermorny House:
Thunderbird
Three times. Rejected from Horned Serpent

5) Magical Name:
Septima Nott

6) Top 5 characters:
Hermione, Sirius, Harry, Remus, Severus

7) When and how did you first learn about Harry Potter?
Early 1998 (age 8) when my British primary school teacher read our class the first book

8) Favourite book of the series?
HBP- loved the balance between quidditch/classes/romance, the Riddle backstory, learning about horcruxes and Severus' important role
Closely followed by PoA because I'm a huge Hermione/Sirius/Marauders fan (and the time-travel subplot is awesome)

9) Favourite chapter of the series?
Toughie- but have to go with The Prince's Tale I'm a Severily shipper, so this is one I was looking forward to)
HMs to Snape's Worst Memory, The Lost Prophecy ,The Parting of the Ways, The Marauders Map , The Mirror of Erised, Priori Incantatem, The Battle of Hogwarts and Hermione's Secret

10) Do you have any Harry Potter Merchandise? (And if so, what?)
Hermione's Wand, Marauders Map Phone Case/Leggings/Mug, Daily Prophet Leggings, Ravenclaw Leggings and Journal, Hermione Quilt Cover set , Hogwarts Earrings, Toy Owl, Harry Potter Calendar (and I might be missing some....)

11) Which is your favourite subject at Hogwarts?
Another toughie (as I'm such a nerd and a true ravenclaw)- but going with Potions (Chemistry was my favourite subject in Muggle School)

12) Which Quidditch team would you support?
Ravenclaw , New Zealand, Puddlemere United and the Woollongong Warriors

13) If you could cast an unforgivable curse on any character, who would it be and which curse?
Another toughie, as I'd be reluctant to change the plot too much (so that rules out Avada Kedavra). However, I'll go with Crucio on Bellatrix (to avenge Neville's Parents, Sirius, Dobby and Tonks)

14) Which pet would you have?
An Eagle Owl named Sara (from A Little Princess, my favourite Muggle Book )

15) Have you made any friends through Harry Potter?
I met one of my best friends in por_please_ya through Harry Potter <3

16) Which is your favourite scene from the movies?
I'll opt to answer this as *my favourite movie addition*- which is definitely the Hermione/Harry dance to "O Children" - a light, touching and loving addition to an otherwise Dark DH (Part 1)

17) Which cut scene do you wish they had included in the movies?
Another tough question, but I'll go with the Marauders "reveal" in PoA, with Snape's Worst Memory (and Harry not even entering the Pensieve) being close behind

18) Have you ever read HP fanfiction?
Yes, I used to be obsessed with it in the 2000s. I still read it, but mostly Novel-Length Marauders and Severily (time-travel) fics
Old favourites include the Psychic Serpent series, and more recent ones include the Debt of Time.

19) Favourite canon and non-canon ships?
Canon- Remus/Tonks, Lily/James
Non-Canon- Severus/Lily , Hermione/Remus , Hermione /Sirius (the latter 2 only in time-travel scenarios) , Hermione/Harry

20) Favourite magical object?
Penseive

21) Favourite magical creature?
Crup

22) What is your IDEAL magical occupation?
Paediatric Healer at St. Mungo's of course
Or perhaps a career in Magical Law Enforcement :p

23) If you could bring ONE HP character back from the dead, who would it be and why?
Sirius - my one true love. And he didn't need to die :'(

24) Favourite spell and potion?
Felix Felicis and Expecto Patronum

25) What’s the first way you’d use the room of requirement?
I'd wish for a cross between the Hogwarts Library and the DA Duelling Club (ie somewhere I could learn more about and practice magic)

26) Favourite places in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade?
Flourish & Blotts (I'm a true Ravenclaw) and Honeydukes (I'm also a Sweet Tooth)

27) Favourite teacher?
My Head of House Professor Flitwick of course. HM to Professor McGonagall and Professor Lupin

28) What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised?
When I was Hogwarts Age- Getting 12 O's in my NEWTs and into the career of my choice and my parents being proud of me... I may have also been homesick so in the background, it would've been evident that we were back "home" in NZ :)
(thankfully, I achieved the above, minus the NZ part - I instead grew to love Perth)
Right now - Happily married to the guy I love with 2 kids (a boy and a girl).... perhaps in a corporate suite of a (winning) Eagles Grand Final

29) If you had access to a pensieve , which is the memory you would put into there?
Tough question, but still going with one of my earliest memories involving my late grandmother (when I was a very young girl, she lovingly put me on her lap, made me feel wanted and like I belonged in a way that not many other extended family members did. She then sang me a lullaby. She died not long after that, just a week before my 3rd birthday) . This is to make sure I never forget her and the memory!

30) You’re in the Triwizard tournament – which task are you most comfortable with completing and which are you least?
Most comfortable with the Underwater one - I love swimming, I know who they'd take so I could more easily prepare
Least comfortable with the maze- Imposter Moody made the task a lot easier for Harry, so I'd have no idea what to expect.

Last edited:
OES - as I answered those questions, I thought of a couple of other questions (they don't have to be part of the survey haha sorry OES, just discussion points!)

-What would your Boggart be?
When I was a child, it was definitely my parents dying in a fire (this was the biggest genuine fear of mine for ages).
The older I (and they) get, the more accepting I am of their mortality, but I still think my boggart would be similar to the above, albeit not just involving my parents anymore. Maybe my boggart would switch between people like Mrs Weasley's. I think I fear losing the people most important to me and being left alone , more than anything else in the world. . Even more than failure (yes, I'm a little like Hermione too). I have tears in my eyes as I type this

Another (less emotional, more amusing) possibility would be an enormous bee (I hate bees!) But I wouldn't consider myself *more scared of them than anything else*

-Which thoughts/memories would you use to conjure your patronus?

The day I found out I got a perfect ATAR/scholarship/ entry into my career of choice (and my parents being proud of me)

I think this would be a stronger memory (as there's no bittersweet element to it) than some other happy ones since then ....

99.95 MWPP? Are you sure your house sorting is right, and its not headmaster?
I basically had no life in Year 12, so I'm more like Hermione in that I got there through hard work rather than through natural talent/genius - something which became evident in uni .
I'm more book smart than street smart
(Hermione might be the smartest witch of her age, but Dumbledore's the smartest of all time. I don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as him!)

As for other Headmasters - I'm not an inventor like Severus (but I also had the privilege of a far more loving upbringing) ....
McGonagall (who was a Gryffindor/Ravenclaw hatstall) might be more of a relatable role model

1) Hogwarts House: pottermore says hufflepuff every other quiz gryffindor

2) Wand pinewood phoneix feather core 13 and a quarter inches and rigid flexibility

3) Patronus: sparrowhawk

4) Ilvermorny House: pukwudgie

5) Magical Name: sirius crockford

6) Top 5 characters: hermione/harry/ron/sirius/arthur weasley

7) When and how did you first learn about Harry Potter? primary school the teacher would read it out every lesson and id act like i hated it but went home and made my mum go and buy the books :D

8) Favourite book of the series? prisoner of azkaban

9) Favourite chapter of the series? the servant of lord voldemort (chapter19 prisoner of azkaban)

10) Do you have any Harry Potter Merchandise? (And if so, what?)few wands

11) Which is your favourite subject at Hogwarts? defence against the dark arts

12) Which Quidditch team would you support? (not hufflepuff)gryffindoor/australia/montrose magpies

13) If you could cast an unforgivable curse on any character, who would it be and which curse? imperius curse on lucius malfoy and steal his gold

14) Which pet would you have? snowy owl and black cat

15) Have you made any friends through Harry Potter? surprisingly a few

16) Which is your favourite scene from the movies?

17) Which cut scene do you wish they had included in the movies? more of the quidditch world cup

18) Have you ever read HP fanfiction? can't say that i have im assuming its all really bad sex fantasies or some crap

19) Favourite canon and non-canon ships? fave canon ship would be lupin/tonks or ron and hermione non canon harry/hermone or ron and luna

20) Favourite magical object? my wang or broomstick

21) Favourite magical creature? dragon or niffler

22) What is your IDEAL magical occupation? basically being ludo bagman though marginally better on the punt

23) If you could bring ONE HP character back from the dead, who would it be and why? sirius or dobby

24) Favourite spell and potion? stupefy/polyjuice potion

25) What’s the first way you’d use the room of requirement? sex dungeon but seriously basically how it was set out for the da

26) Favourite places in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade? honeydukes

27) Favourite teacher? lupin or hagrid

28) What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised? surrounded by family with a brownlow medal around my neck and holding a premiership cup

29) If you had access to a pensieve , which is the memory you would put into there? my memories of my grandfather we were apparently very close but he died when i was young and i don't remember much other then flashes of him

30) You’re in the Triwizard tournament – which task are you most comfortable with completing and which are you least? most comfortable with dragons least comfortable with the whole underwater thing

31) what would your boggart be? either a giant snake or spider so the chamber of secrets would of killed me

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back