FTA-TV The Footy Show 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be a rotating panel, 3 of Judd/Fev/Swan/Crawf/Bill every week I'd say

Judd is gonna be on footy classified I really hope they don't put him on both shows.

Can't stand him. Fake as *.

And Swan. He's hollow. Don't know why people say he's funny.

I can't take to Surburban Footballer. That guy isn't funny.

Why do they not have a table with current players on it anymore? Won't the clubs release players to be on the show this year?

Damian Barrett's news made no sense. Dasha did something with the Richmond premiership cup, but wouldn't elaborate or show the photo. It is akin to saying:- "Have you heard the news?" "No, what?" "Oh, I better not tell you". Barrett tells the story but then won't give details or elaborate. He wouldn't answer Eddie's question, so he should piss off then.

If Dasha doing something with the cup is the biggest news he has to offer, then it is a slow news week.

I don't like "Social Sam" either, replacing "Sam's Mailbag". Part of what was good with the mailbag was the time given to it, and Sam having props ready to use in his response. With this, it is more immediate, and because you don't know what someone will post, then Sam can't anticipate what skits or preparation needs to be done to set up his joke.

It was better this week, but it is still a bit boring, and not must-see. I thought we would have got more moments from over the years, since it was the 700th show. They spent more time talking to people from "Married At First Sight" than reminiscing about the old days.

They spent more time talking to people from "Married At First Sight" than reminiscing about the old days
Obviously this was a directive from Nine HQ to cross-promote the network's #1 rating show. The Footy Show's producers would have had no say in the decision. Plus there are no games to preview this weekend so they needed something to fill the show. Was a nice touch to have Billy Slater on before his 300th game for the Storm.

Fev's a pretty good addition to the show, but he has to learn when to keep his mouth shut. McGuire put a truck load of work into developing football in Moe, and he was seething tonight when Fev suggested footy should no longer be played there. And later Fev divulged personal & private info about Newman's first marriage. I hate to think what was said after the show, and I dare say Fev is having a sleepless night.

Damien Barrett. Two weeks in a row McGuire has had to press him for information. Last week he was reluctant to mention Demetriou, and this week, I don't know what the hell he was hiding. I've never seen cryptic reporting before. Is this a new type of journalism? I don't think he'll be on the show much longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ditto!! Can't stand him. Sam is the show imo, would definately be finished if Sam wasn't there.

They really need to get rid of the juvenile stuff that Billy (bless him tho) and stupid Crawford get up to. Might have been funny to start with years ago, not any more.

...and that segment with Barrett last night was weird to say the least. Should only have him on every few weeks or when there really is breaking news.

According to MediaSpy:
Melbourne
Gogglebox (10) 198,000
The Footy Show (9) 174,000
Gordon Ramsay cocaine doco (7) 112,000

Perth
Gordon Ramsay cocaine doco (7) 77,000
Gogglebox (10) 75,000
The Footy Show (9) 46,000

Adelaide
Gogglebox (10) 53,000
Gordon Ramsay cocaine doco (7) 51,000
The Footy Show (9) 30,000

Fev's a pretty good addition to the show, but he has to learn when to keep his mouth shut. McGuire put a truck load of work into developing football in Moe, and he was seething tonight when Fev suggested footy should no longer be played there. And later Fev divulged personal & private info about Newman's first marriage. I hate to think what was said after the show, and I dare say Fev is having a sleepless night.

Damien Barrett. Two weeks in a row McGuire has had to press him for information. Last week he was reluctant to mention Demetriou, and this week, I don't know what the hell he was hiding. I've never seen cryptic reporting before. Is this a new type of journalism? I don't think he'll be on the show much longer.

Fev revealing how Sam met his first wife was the most staged thing I’ve ever seen.

Just another ego trip for Sam. Hey, look at me, this women left her groom at the altar, for me!

I thought they were both pretty funny. People seem to get sexual pleasure out of calling for the show to end.

1. Stop asking for the show to change, ' it should become like league teams' you are a moron. I hate Masterchef so here is an idea, instead of cooking they should kick a footy around and instead of ingredients they should play in a formal league called AFL. TfS is what it is, it's taking the piss out of footy with some skits. Maddern needs to go.

The real problem with the show is that the players themselves are boring as hell. I don't if australias lost its personality or every lives in such a climate of fear that they forget how to talk but they are so god damn boring.

The original show had Dermie Dunstall Lyon Hawkins Hird Aker Fev Crawf etc and a bunch who would take to the streets and talk to people and take part in skits and shows etc. Now the 95% of the players are the same person. I consume a lot of footy content but I could skip through 99% of player interviews.

Swans funny, Fev is funny and Judd is funny. If they could get some of the players to get involved in the show and relax then that would help a lot

Yep.Media Training....turning AFL players into insufferable boring drones since the turn of the century. In addition, we are not getting any smarter as a species as time goes on in this modern digital “social media is everything” age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back