2nds Geelong Cats 2018 VFL Season - Tom Atkins B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Backline? Thats interesting .. did he play off his man or play more 1o1. Would he be more of a chance to be seen than Gardner? He would be one of our most athletic guys on our list..and we have a need ..but backline thing surprises me.

and Sav has upside for sure.

Sounds like we looked really good but just how good was Werribbe?
I think it was more out of necessity that he was there, hard to really judge though. Werribee were s**t, we smashed them in the middle and also locked the ball in our half well so they didn't have a whole heap of chances. Henry took a few good intercept marks or impacted the contest when he had to

Glad to hear a few played well and seems no injuries. With the team cats had they’d want to smash them as they did

Werribee didn't have a player over 23. I actually thought apart from giving game time to Cockatoo and Crameri you'd be pushing s**t up hill to justify an inclusion for round 1 by playing against that side. Terrible standard

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

I was impressed with the development of Jack Henry played very well across half back, he plays tall for his 191cm, took some good Marks and beat his opponent all night.
pleased to hear this.

Been a year since I saw him play but there he had the rookie flashes that showed why he was drafted. Pleased to hear he has put more things together and gotten fitter and over some injuries.

GO Catters

- Cocky just plays round 1... Simple as that. And he is absolutely enormous
- Crameri had an almost night, kicked a few points.. Works hard and leads well, kicked like s**t just around the ground as well.. Will be better for the run
- Sav has done a Buzza, but passed him.. He is nothing at all like last year, much more involved.. Playing ruck and covering ground as well.. If he can't get to a position to mark he makes damn sure he creates a contest
- Murda was our best I'd say, worked hard and used the ball well... When he put the jets on he sliced them to bits
- Cunico also got better as the game went and took the game on... He has some serious wheels as well and we saw a bit of run and carry tonight.
- Fogarty has a great footy brain, couple of times just the way he kicked under pressure was shaped to go a certain way or advantage his team mate.
- Henry basically played as a key back.. Hardly was beaten, is a great size but his speed and athleticism makes him one to watch.
- Gregson works hard and is a little bull, did some good things .. He'll get better with time.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, I was also distracted talking to a mate that came along and The rabbi who found me there
Great stuff Willo_
Thanks to Mrs Willo for letting you out.

very chuffed about Sav, Cunico, Henry and Fogarty.

Been wanting to see the Mackie replacement in Cunico get some solid game time. Glad that he's showing the tools. Same for Henry. And of course Sav.. very keen to watch the development. Long may it continue.

GO Catters

Henry will go straight past Kolo by middle of the year.
no way..

But i like Henry too.. and I do think if he can stay healthy there will be more posts about him. On board early. :thumbsu:

If he gets a clean full year the noise will increase. He's just got footy skills.

GO Catters

Werribee didn't have a player over 23. I actually thought apart from giving game time to Cockatoo and Crameri you'd be pushing s**t up hill to justify an inclusion for round 1 by playing against that side. Terrible standard

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
Yes Werribee were s**t, but I still think positives can be taken from it... Especially as our own side should get considerably stronger as well when the season starts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Cockatoo cramped after 3/4 of a vfl game tells me he shouldn't be playing AFL round 1 he's too much of an injury risk.

Last nights game would all be about getting time into his legs
If he needs to still build up a little bit I can’t see why they wouldn’t play him out of the goalsqaure like they did against Carlton
Will be one of the first players picked for round 1

If he needs to still build up a little bit I can’t see why they wouldn’t play him out of the goalsqaure like they did against Carlton
'cept he didn't play out of the goalsquare against Carlton.

The fact that Cockatoo cramped after 3/4 of a vfl game tells me he shouldn't be playing AFL round 1 he's too much of an injury risk.

Can he learn to pace himself or is it all ON or OFF..? In a way cramp is promising ... showing a lack of fitness but also that he worked hard enough to get to that stage. Too often he seems to get injured before building that game fitness.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-16/cocky-wants-a-callup-star-cat-cockatoo-shines-in-vfl

"I hope I did my best to hopefully put my hand up for round one," Cockatoo said post-game.

"Just cramp, the calf is fine, didn't feel it at all. It took a while to warm up but once I got moving I didn't feel it at all."

Last edited:

Because if he's cramping at vfl speed it will be a lot worse at afl speed. Plus the AFL side has capped rotations can't afford to take in anyone who can't run out 4 quarters. I am a Cockatoo fan but i would give him more vfl time.

Because if he's cramping at vfl speed it will be a lot worse at afl speed. Plus the AFL side has capped rotations can't afford to take in anyone who can't run out 4 quarters. I am a Cockatoo fan but i would give him more vfl time.

Agree with all that ... and I do not like dipping into my toe into player prep..just to ignorant... but will he be that much better in the VFL? Slower pace etc... and as soon as he steps up he will push it harder than VFL anyway. Would you to ply him till he has no cramping?

He'll play round 1 IMO, I was suprised he even played at all in the last quarter and thought they'd have seen enough... He basically played the whole time on ball as well and worked his arse off..

He'll play half forward next Sunday at the MCG

He'll play round 1 IMO, I was suprised he even played at all in the last quarter and thought they'd have seen enough... He basically played the whole time on ball as well and worked his arse off..

He'll play half forward next Sunday at the MCG
The report suggested he didn't play in the last due to cramp.

Can he learn to pace himself or is it all ON or OFF..? In a way cramp is promising ... showing a lack of fitness but also that he worked hard enough to get to that stage. Too often he seems to get injured before building that game fitness.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-16/cocky-wants-a-callup-star-cat-cockatoo-shines-in-vfl

"I hope I did my best to hopefully put my hand up for round one," Cockatoo said post-game.

"Just cramp, the calf is fine, didn't feel it at all. It took a while to warm up but once I got moving I didn't feel it at all."

On the half I saw Cockatoo was going flat out - doesn't look like he has a cruise button to me. But gee he was a class above anyone else in the hoops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back