General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to ours and whilst I prefer the original, ours is probably one of the least affected. Some of the other teams' songs sound really woeful. Ours is very similar to the original, if a little sanitised.

Yeah listened to ours just before and they changed the note of one of the instruments (trumpet or trombone I dunno) other than that it's pretty similar.

Still the desire to try and change everything never ends

Ive been a diehard Melbourne supporter all my life and just realised its "and we sing this song to you", Ive been saying "AS we sing this song..."I blame the MFC for being s**t for so long and not giving me enough opportunities to hear it correctly.

I honestly don't how you missed it lol its one of the more elongated notes of the song haha

I can hear the difference with the new club song but TBH it's not as bad as I thought it might be. There was that other one going around for a while that sounded really off.

How about this version? I could get behind this on game day.

'I'm no franky hanky panky'

Ive been a diehard Melbourne supporter all my life and just realised its "and we sing this song to you", Ive been saying "AS we sing this song..."I blame the MFC for being s**t for so long and not giving me enough opportunities to hear it correctly.
Always sang it the same!

Mick Malthouse wrote about us in an article in the Hun today, predicted us to finish 6th I think.

But one of his Criticisms was something along the lines of "no team celebrates its "wins/success" as hard as we do.

Which I think is a fair call.

Postman doesn't celebrate delivering the mail or however it goes.

*edit last part is my words not his

Mick Malthouse wrote about us in an article in the Hun today, predicted us to finish 6th I think.

But one of his Criticisms was something along the lines of "no team celebrates its "wins/success" as hard as we do.

Which I think is a fair call.

Postman doesn't celebrate delivering the mail or however it goes.

*edit last part is my words not his
maybe 2 or 3 years ago but not anymore.

its Unfortunately a reputation that is hard to shake

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I honestly don't how you missed it lol its one of the more elongated notes of the song haha
No it’s not.

...And we sing this song to yoooooooooooooooou

That ‘you’ right there there pisses on any elongation happening inside your head.

I think I’ve been singing ‘as’ as well. I can be excused because I’m not a baritone so get pretty distracted jumping up and down octaves to suit my range. And to cover this I go with some exaggerated clapping like a special needs class being played the new wiggles CD. I can’t be focussing on the lyrics under this kind of pressure.

No it’s not.

That ‘you’ right there there pisses on any elongation happening inside your head.

I think I’ve been singing ‘as’ as well. I can be excused because I’m not a baritone so get pretty distracted jumping up and down octaves to suit my range. And to cover this I go with some exaggerated clapping like a special needs class being played the new wiggles CD. I can’t be focussing on the lyrics under this kind of pressure.

I'm probably and idiot but didn't you just prove my point about elongation... youuuuuuu lasts longer than any other lyric

I'm probably and idiot but didn't you just prove my point about elongation... youuuuuuu lasts longer than any other lyric
Okay but the ‘and’ you are so enamoured with is exactly the same length as the ‘we’ that follows directly after - they are a crochet each. And the old in ‘should ooooollllld acquaintance’ is longer what with it being a crotchet-quaver tied, and so is the be in ‘beeeeee forgot’, so the song is literally dripping with s**t that is longer than your and.

You should be so lucky if everyone here turns into a mini Tulip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay but the ‘and’ you are so enamoured with is exactly the same length as the ‘we’ that follows directly after - they are a crochet each. And the old in ‘should ooooollllld acquaintance’ is longer what with it being a crotchet-quaver tied, and so is the be in ‘beeeeee forgot’, so the song is literally dripping with s**t that is longer than your and.

You should be so lucky if everyone here turns into a mini Tulip.

I'm fairly pissed right now but I never mentioned the 'and' or the 'we'. I'm just not sure how you miss the 'youuuuuu' at the end when it's such a huge part of the bar.

I'm fairly pissed right now but I never mentioned the 'and' or the 'we'. I'm just not sure how you miss the 'youuuuuu' at the end when it's such a huge part of the bar.
Yes you did - pissed person. You said ‘and’ was one of the most elongated words of the song. I was pointing out that actually it’s shorter than ‘yoooooooooou’ and shorter than the ‘oooooooold’ and the ‘beeeeeeee’ and definitely significantly shorter than both times the ‘bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!’ makes an appearance.

Your ‘and’ that you claim as one of the most elongated words of the song turns out to be a very run-of-the-mill, average length word. Now go back and apologise to booshboy

Last edited:
I can just picture Topkent coming home after a night out and deciding to jump on Bigfooty at 4am Canadian time and thinking ‘time to start debating random s**t’.
We’re probably going to have to go easy on him at some stage, as a past champion in the Kevin Bartlett mould. Not just yet though.

Yes you did - pissed person. You said ‘and’ was one of the most elongated words of the song. I was pointing out that actually it’s shorter than ‘yoooooooooou’ and shorter than the ‘oooooooold’ and the ‘beeeeeeee’ and definitely significantly shorter than both times the ‘bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!’ makes an appearance.

Your ‘and’ that you claim as one of the most elongated words of the song turns out to be a very run-of-the-mill, average length word. Now go back and apologise to booshboy

s**t.
Soz booshboy

Last edited:
I can just picture Topkent coming home after a night out and deciding to jump on Bigfooty at 4am Canadian time and thinking ‘time to start debating random s**t’.

Isn't that everyone on bigfooty at all times?

No it’s not.

OK I see what's happened now haha.
I thought I read someone say they didn't sing the youuuuuu part that's the part that's elongated. I've been singing 'as' we sing as well. I was wondering why you were coming back so hard about the and part I didn't even see that in the original post.

OK double edit. Drunk me read the part where he tailed off with the ..... and thought that was the part he forgot to sing.

Last edited:
I can't tell the difference between old and new song, but am against it just because the AFL hasn't given us $3 mil recently.

But if you feel violently about it one way or the other, the club is apparently taking their deliberations very seriously.

I can't tell the difference between old and new song, but am against it just because the AFL hasn't given us $3 mil recently.

But if you feel violently about it one way or the other, the club is apparently taking their deliberations very seriously.
If they play the new one the resulting riot will change their minds.

agree. they sound so similar, why people are complaining has me mystified

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back