AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It was a different Finals system back then. I'm pretty sure though we lost the first Finals game, and then winning 4 after.
It was..... but we still only played 4 finals

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was..... but we still only played 4 finals
I just checked it up, and I stand corrected.
we played 4 consecutive interstate games, that was where I remember the number 4.
We lost first game to Melbourne, then won Sydney, Bulldogs, to then beat North in the GF.

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
we played 4 consecutive interstate games, that was where I remember the number 4.
We lost first game to Melbourne, then won Sydney, Bulldogs, to then beat North in the GF.
It was funny cause Melbourne were all utensil a hoop after thrashing our arses only to be eliminated before our next match.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC

played 5 consecutive interstate games with rnd 23 being in Perth

We won four finals in 1997 - first team to do it (and only team until Western Bulldogs 2016)

On The Crouch

Of the Matt variety only
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
We played 5 consecutive away games if you include the last round where we beat West Coast in Perth.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It was a different Finals system back then. I'm pretty sure though we lost the first Finals game, and then winning 4 after.
Lol. We played Melbourne in the first final and lost. Travelled to Sydney where we won an then the dogs in the prelim onto the kangas on the Gf. That’s 4 finals

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol. We played Melbourne in the first final and lost. Travelled to Sydney where we won an then the dogs in the prelim onto the kangas on the Gf. That’s 4 finals
I already corrected myself in the response near the top of this page.
The system was different because there was a second chance to the 5th and 6th position team, if they had lost. Then we won 3 consecutive games, just a slight memory glitch on my part.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Gee, it's turned into an exciting finish to the season. Hard to believe the Lions are still a reasonable chance to make it!

Anything other than a draw tomorrow, please. Then we just need a win against Collingwood in the last round to earn a spot in the GF... sounds familiar!
Who would have thought that after our first two games & then that Draw ......everyone said that draw was the death knock to our season

The standard of the competition has jumped again this year .......just wish the season was longer ....maybe a 10 game season next year, with the introduction of more clubs ??

boffo

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
To all you cynics who think 2 Victorian teams would settle for a draw so they both make the final, remember the final round in 2008?

The Crows were in fourth position, only a 100 point win to st Kilda would deny us a home final. So what happened?

A 108-point win by St Kilda over Essendon the next day saw the Saints overtake Adelaide on percentage; the Crows fell to fifth, costing them a double-chance and sending them into a sudden death Elimination Final against eighth-placed Collingwood at AAMI Stadium.

We just better hope scores aren't level with 5 mins to go, then watch them settle for a draw.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who would have thought that after our first two games & then that Draw ......everyone said that draw was the death knock to our season

The standard of the competition has jumped again this year .......just wish the season was longer ....maybe a 10 game season next year, with the introduction of more clubs ??

Reckon it’s quite stupid how short the season is. Not even half the length of the men’s season.

Back