Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting, thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is s**t. As much as I hate Port, that hatred is integral to the SANFL and our state's history and who many of us are as people. It would be an absolute travesty if they were forced out.

This is s**t. As much as I hate Port, that hatred is integral to the SANFL and our state's history and who many of us are as people. It would be an absolute travesty if they were forced out.
What crap, maybe in the old days but now no one gives a s**t about beating the magpies.

As for a travesty, they wanted to leave the SANFL to play in the AFL, blame them.

AFL (VFL) players used to release their own pop singles. Mark Jackson did, reckon Peter McKenna did. That's fallen away and I think the game is poorer for it.

Jacko

Capper

Miscellaneous (including snippets of the above two, plus McKenna, even Neil Kerley)

Before anyone complains, when free to air previously had the NBL rights they were still showing the games around the same time.

Free to air coverage of sport is garbage, always has been and always will. FTA Networks only want to show one or two games at times that's convenient for them.

And Channel 10 still compelled the NBL to have TV timeouts for these delayed matches.

Channel 10's coverage nearly sent the league to the wall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the fine for defying the directive? It'll be well worth it.

For most clubs, they've put on a dodgy, high speed karaoke backing track with some God-awfu singer singing it like the Wiggles belt out Hot Potato to the little ones.

Port in 1990 wanted to leave the SANFL and join the VFL. I wouldn’t feel bad at all if they where forced out.
As their coach says, you get what you deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How about they use non AFL players like Norwood, Sturt, Woodville/West Torrens, South Adelaide, North Adelaide, Glenelg, Central Districts and West Adelaide do? And continue as Port Adelaide Magpies. With the AFL Port Power having a reserves side. Two separate entities as has always been or are they just concerned about the embroidery costs of changing that 1870 logo on the jumpers.

How about they just pi** off out of the SANFL and leave the 8 real Clubs there to compete equitably and have a proper competition.
Any Port Magpies lol team in the SANFL would still have a huge leg up on the other 8 clubs due to things like access to 1st class development, support staff, amenities, facilities, no financial problems, player salary cap payments easily hidden by paying players under the many guises available within the AFL Club system etc etc
Let the SANFL settle to what it should be - a grass roots community competition - it doesn't matter if it is 2nd or 3rd tier or 4th tier nor whether crowds are low, those people still interested will support their club.

What's the fine for defying the directive? It'll be well worth it.

For most clubs, they've put on a dodgy, high speed karaoke backing track with some God-awfu singer singing it like the Wiggles belt out Hot Potato to the little ones.

They’ll make sure the umpires favour the opposition if you make it to the GF.....oh wait that was last year.

everyone knows the only socially acceptable indigenous people in the country are the ones who excel at footy (but who don't become uppity and keep their place) /Australia

*edit - footy players and socially conservative mouthpieces like Price & Pearson

Typical city view. People like you are actually the problem. Kids getting raped and you bleat about meaningless s**t. Get a clue. Have a crack at Price. Her mum is a full blood Warlpiri woman. You don't like them because they lay responsibility at the feet of their own people. They don't just throw out the, "not our problem, need more funding" line.

I augh at your type. Like my sister, did a nursing degree in her 40's and tried to teach me aboriginal culture which she'd learned at uni. Idiot, but working here she soon realised that nearly everything she learned was bullshit. You're no different, bullshit sprouting, head in the sand efftard.

Typical city view. People like you are actually the problem. Kids getting raped and you bleat about meaningless s**t. Get a clue. Have a crack at Price. Her mum is a full blood Warlpiri woman. You don't like them because they lay responsibility at the feet of their own people. They don't just throw out the, "not our problem, need more funding" line.

I augh at your type. Like my sister, did a nursing degree in her 40's and tried to teach me aboriginal culture which she'd learned at uni. Idiot, but working here she soon realised that nearly everything she learned was bullshit. You're no different, bullshit sprouting, head in the sand efftard.

Yeah I'm the problem - It's all my fault - FMD

I haven't tried teaching anyone about Aboriginal culture - I was just making observations about Aboriginal people in the wider context and how they are represented in this culture - Footy players = good (unless your uppity like Goodes) The rest of them = lazy drunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back