News Club Song - Re-done

Which song do you prefer?

• Old ‘fable’ version

• New ‘afl’ version

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute f**king disgrace. The original song(s) are iconic, nostalgic and powerfully performed

Evidently the AFL executive don't have enough work presently

http://chn.ge/2pf6deK

Make some noise
But this is the original song, fables ****ed it up

Never miss a chance to say you were right:p;)

* oath ;)

Tbh it was more a subtle troll to the people in the correct the lyrics thread who were furious this hadnt been done, but are the same ones in this thread angry the song was changed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m no audiophile but I noticed 3 differences:
1. ‘land’ in Tigerland lingers on a bit - prob due to profesh singers
2. the banjo bit in between verses (which was almost my favourite bit) is lower in volume, just has a short flurry at end
3. yellow and black - I can hear RICHO and KB shouting. That’s an improvement.

Verdict for me - prefer the original, though the y &b shout is ok (if not a bit gimmicky and unnecessary.

They had the mike running longer than the horn moment

there were coordination issues between the crowd and the box. remember this is only done at gws home games, and spotless doesnt have 20k people sitting behind the cheersquad. At the issues with the bowl, and it was a bit of a nightmare. it was only by the later goals that they were getting the timing close to right

there were coordination issues between the crowd and the box. remember this is only done at gws home games, and spotless doesnt have 20k people sitting behind the cheersquad. At the issues with the bowl, and it was a bit of a nightmare. it was only by the later goals that they were getting the timing close to right
Whatever, it would have been silent when gws did something good without it, all other gws games at the g that I have been to have quiet gws moments and this wouldn't have been any different. It's the first time I have heard their crowd coming through the P/A

Whatever, it would have been silent when gws did something good without it, all other gws games at the g that I have been to have quiet gws moments and this wouldn't have been any different. It's the first time I have heard their crowd coming through the P/A

of course - refer to my last post, its only done at GWS HOME games

ever since Port wanted to go full port at the elimination final against us, the AFL has been catering to club requests for activities that they do at home games

its why Geelong had the stupid bell (they ring it at every home game at Kat Park), and its why GWS do the horn thing (they do it after every goal at Spotless)

At Spotless, you have a very small lower tier, small corp tiers, and then another shallow tier above that. Add to this its a small cheersquad and its an open stadium, you dont get a huge amount of noise fighting against you
1280px-GWS_Giants_cheer_squad.jpg

28w07iw.jpg

now look at the G at that end.
600px-2017_AFL_Grand_Final_panorama_during_national_anthem.jpg

You have a massive bay behind goals, a big one up top, and the MCG bowl *s with sound more than Spotless.

This was not some grand AFL conspiracy to make the GWS crowd sound larger than it was. It was an attempt to get sound from a horn loud enough that it would be able to compete with the crowd noise AND the PA sound track, but to do that they had to juice it, which meant capturing the surrounding sound at the same time.

As mentioned, they incorrectly assumed the same arrangement with the same gear would work at the G that they use every home game. Its didnt, which in hindsight isnt surprising,

ever since Port wanted to go full port at the elimination final against us, the AFL has been catering to club requests for activities that they do at home games

its why Geelong had the stupid bell (they ring it at every home game at Kat Park), and its why GWS do the horn thing (they do it after every goal at Spotless)

At Spotless, you have a very small lower tier, small corp tiers, and then another shallow tier above that. Add to this its a small cheersquad and its an open stadium, you dont get a huge amount of noise fighting against you

28w07iw.jpg

You have a massive bay behind goals, a big one up top, and the MCG bowl ****s with sound more than Spotless.

This was not some grand AFL conspiracy to make the GWS crowd sound larger than it was. It was an attempt to get sound from a horn loud enough that it would be able to compete with the crowd noise AND the PA sound track, but to do that they had to juice it, which meant capturing the surrounding sound at the same time.

As mentioned, they incorrectly assumed the same arrangement with the same gear would work at the G that they use every home game. Its didnt, which in hindsight isnt surprising,
Haven’t you heard?
Everything is a AFL led conspiracy to bring down Richmond.

28w07iw.jpg

You have a massive bay behind goals, a big one up top, and the MCG bowl ****s with sound more than Spotless.

Jesus you crap on and on

Back