AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To all you cynics who think 2 Victorian teams would settle for a draw so they both make the final, remember the final round in 2008?

The Crows were in fourth position, only a 100 point win to st Kilda would deny us a home final. So what happened?

A 108-point win by St Kilda over Essendon the next day saw the Saints overtake Adelaide on percentage; the Crows fell to fifth, costing them a double-chance and sending them into a sudden death Elimination Final against eighth-placed Collingwood at AAMI Stadium.

We just better hope scores aren't level with 5 mins to go, then watch them settle for a draw.
Good history lesson! Though a draw in footy is not as easy as it sounds. Would look 10 times more dodgy playing for a draw than a big loss.
Also Melbourne has more to play for a win than a draw. If a drawn game, Melbourne has a chance of being knocked out if Crows kick a massive score. The other thing is that in a draw, neither team has the home ground advantage in the GF as such, compared if playing against Crows/Brisbane.

I'm already in footscray drinking at a bar - lots of doggies gear everywhere - bot of a carnival atmosphere already - cant wait
Are you going to tomorrow's game as well?
For tonight, please barrack sensibly so a draw doesn't happen!

So who has to win in this for the Crows to play next week. Assuming we win.

So who has to win in this for the Crows to play next week. Assuming we win.
If we win, then whoever wins tonight does not matter.
If we win, then we play the winner of tonight's game.
FFS, let tonight be a W/L game and not a D/D game! I'm getting bloody nervy the more I talk about the results...

If we win, then whoever wins tonight does not matter.
If we win, then we play the winner of tonight's game.
FFS, let tonight be a W/L game and not a D/D game! I'm getting bloody nervy the more I talk about the results...

Cheers
I thought the answer would be somewhere so I impatiently went back a page and waded through 1997 or was it 98. Don’t worry it doesn’t matter.
Howling gale tonight by the looks

Whoever wins tonight plays in the Gf. If we win we are through. If we lose I think Brisbane go through

If it was the men’s team I’d be worried but I don’t have the same fear that the women won’t take the opposition seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“It doesn’t matter if it’s touched”

The result has already been decided.
:rolleyes:

You’d think Bulldogs home with a 20m - 50m kick differential.

Back