• Draw, equal number of bonus points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony in your statements is absolute hilarious

What is your definition of minnows? Is it how many of your state players make the leap up to the national arena? If so your mob must be languishing somewhere near dirt and rock bottom. I don’t think you’ve had a steady and consistent test performer for some time. Even Tasmania have contributed more success to the Australian side than Victoria! Too busy padding their stats up bullying weakened state sides as per usual to save face.

Or is your minnow statement due to shield titles then perhaps? Which is strange because since the shield hit its peak in the mid 90’s, QLD have 7 titles soon to be 8 to your 6. Does that make Victoria sub minnows? Considering your abysmal
Test representation you should winning the shield almost every year or at the very least be making the final every year.

I don’t know why you keep bringing AFL crowds and the Gabba into the cricket discussion but you do realise no one in SE QLD gives 2 flying ****s about fumble ball don’t you? To get even 100 people in the crowds should be an achievement especially when the local side hasn’t been successful the last few years. But I’d be careful throwing rocks at glass houses because if you are a demons fan as I suspect, you might want to think carefully about ribbing a team that won 3 in a row as recently as 2003 when your mob hasn’t won since the 60’s

The facts are the Gabba is run down and doesn’t have the money required for a much needed facelift but one thing I will vouch for it is it can still produce a world class pitch unlike a certain ‘premier stadium’ in Melbourne. You see whilst you lot are pulling yourself over crowds, the action actually happens in the confines of the concourse out in the field where Melbourne are so far behind every ground in the country where it actually matters.

I’m done toying with you it’s too easy. I’m ready to have an intellectual discussion with people who know the game and aren’t flappable fan boys.

At least if I need another laugh I can always watch the time the so called minnows put on a miserly 900+ runs in an innings against your pathetic bowlers in the 2006 final. Shane Watson must have been laughing at how easy it was to make a double ton. Now enjoy the new arse hole
I just ripped you in peace whilst the big boys talk clown.
Around a 480 word rant (estimate), and not 1 valid point .
You're not drinking that pus beer you have up there are you?????

Yawn.

You talk so much crap.
I loathe to admit it, but he's right. We've done it a lot. Christian, Harris most recently but there were a few around 10 years ago like Wright from Tassie amongst a few others.

I loathe to admit it, but he's right. We've done it a lot. Christian, Harris most recently but there were a few around 10 years ago like Wright from Tassie amongst a few others.
We've won the last 3 shields though.....
The smaller, average, minnow states need a Shield now and then too.

We've also promoted our own players as much as many other states. This stigma with journeymen is way OTT, you are allowed to recruit them.
I'd rather do that and win shield titles than be like other states who produce s**t test players or none at all whilst not winning stuff.

All that youth SA have promoted over the last few years... Not many test players. No Shield titles.
All that youth WA have promoted over the years... The Marshmallow sisters are the jewels in the crown :$ No shield titles.
Tasmania poach players more than anyone, expected given size of the state.
QLD haven't produced many test players, and the one's they have all have been dropped at some point.
Only NSW gets a pass on development.

So winning trophies > Not winning trophies.
Frankly if it wasn't for the dominance of Starc/Hazlewood and the love affair with Cummins we'd likely have Tremain well and truly in the mix. Pattinson has been crueled by injuries whilst our bastmen struggle to develop techniques that stand up in tough conditions due to playing half their games on a road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back