Universal Love TRTT Part 6: The Undiscovered Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was pointing at the dust cloud not the people in it.

Also do we even say "flame" anymore? It felt weird to post.

I don't think we do Lol, last time I Saw it was on like angelfire forums in the early 2000s.

Sometimes you need to cut to force efficiency and innovation and doing more with less, it would be temporary. Because after you make cuts, you can then make allocations at a later date which will be politically motivated. Many areas have gotten away without cuts for far too long and as a result there is an incredible amount of wastage. They've got to learn to do things better and sometimes you have to force that.

It doesn’t seem to work that way. I don’t work in the gov but know people and my past and current partners worked gov

In the past you had jobs for life and s**t workers never got sacked but moved from dept to dept to be someone else’s problem.

Now the push is for short contracts. My gf had a 1 yr contract then 2 yr contract with zero guarantee she has a job at the end of contract.

Both ways are flawed. Those short contracts aren’t really solving problems, my gf still sees people get jobs because mates of mates, s**t people still do s**t jobs.

Most of Xenophons ballots preferences labor or were open ballots with no preferences on how to vote cards.

Apparently the open ballots preferences were about 50/50
The spokesperson Connie (don't know her last name) for Xenophon's party just confirmed it on the ABC. I dunno i might just take her word for it over your opinion. But cause you have told us so many times on here that you are so high up in the gubberment you may well have better info. But personally I am going to trust their spokesperson.

I just look forward to the next actual election year when they chuck some money at essential services health, roads, eduation, police and they all pretend they are different and that they actually friggen care. So play on it will be mainly business as usual for the next 3

Just remember that there is a huge number of extremely wealthy people out there with obscene amounts of money to spend that at the moment can't get to the shops. Once shopping hours are extended this State will be swimming in excess cash and jobs.

Meh. If Marshall does what he reckons he's gonna do he'll be alright. Like I've said - I probably lean to a Liberal ideology for the most part...I just don't trust these campaigners at all.

The problem is that all the infrastructure he has promised (level crossing removal on a needs basis (fair enough), GlobeLink transport corridor (the 24 hour freight only airport is a very good idea because it frees up airspace for commercial flights at Adelaide airport)) are being put into a 'costing analysis' independent thinktank called Infrastructure SA.

It'll be interesting to see who he puts in charge of that. It needs to be someone with vision i.e not anyone from South Australia.

Getting rid of payroll tax for small business is a great idea, but it needs to be combined with infrastructure projects while the economy shifts from being government run to being private sector run.

If they get in and just slash and burn and tank the economy (which is what I fear will happen)...you get what you deserve.

It doesn’t seem to work that way. I don’t work in the gov but know people and my past and current partners worked gov

In the past you had jobs for life and s**t workers never got sacked but moved from dept to dept to be someone else’s problem.

Now the push is for short contracts. My gf had a 1 yr contract then 2 yr contract with zero guarantee she has a job at the end of contract.

Both ways are flawed. Those short contracts aren’t really solving problems, my gf still sees people get jobs because mates of mates, s**t people still do s**t jobs.

Yep. No one gets permanent roles anymore, quite rightly. There needs to be flexibility for employers to expand and contract the workforce. In regards to the s**t staff staying around - you're right. They all have permanency and many employers cant shift them on as they are commonly unionists neck deep in "muh rights".

Be interesting to see how the new government changes this if at all.

EPAS is a ******* mess. Everyone they bring in to deal with it bails shortly after. Big task.
EPAS, just like their Oracle Finance System project, failed because their main focus was on getting it in by a certain date, and accepting its faults at that time, rather than when the system was able to do what they wanted it to do in the first place.

And if the project was run like the Oracle project it would’ve been a case of the external consultants telling the org what they wanted rather than the other way around.

Much harder to change once it’s in live production.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The spokesperson Connie (don't know her last name) for Xenophon's party just confirmed it on the ABC. I dunno i might just take her word for it over your opinion. But cause you have told us so many times on here that you are so high up in the gubberment you may well have better info. But personally I am going to trust their spokesperson.

The liberal spokesperson said what I repeated - it wasn't that I was privvy to anything. I was doing the same, going off what the coverage was saying at the time.

The liberal spokesperson said what I repeated - it wasn't that I was privvy to anything. I was doing the same, going off what the coverage was saying at the time.
Well play on then we obviously interpret things extremely differently. You enjoy your half nip of midori and lemonade on this giddy night of nights for you.

Just remember that there is a huge number of extremely wealthy people out there with obscene amounts of money to spend that at the moment can't get to the shops. Once shopping hours are extended this State will be swimming in excess cash and jobs.

Yeah I don’t get this whole deregulation of shopping hours thing.

Supermarkets are open late. Servos are open all the time. Like do people seriously need cotton on to be open 24/7?

EPAS, just like their Oracle Finance System project, failed because their main focus was on getting it in by a certain date, and accepting its faults at that time, rather than when the system was able to do what they wanted it to do in the first place.

And if the project was run like the Oracle project it would’ve been a case of the external consultants telling the org what they wanted rather than the other way around.

Much harder to change once it’s in live production.

Same thing happened with SAETs new system. Two million and they are looking to turf it less than six months after implementation.

SACATs system was three million to put in and has cost a further 8 in chasing tail to get it working as it should be.

Supermarkets are open late. Servos are open all the time. Like do people seriously need cotton on to be open 24/7?

Neither. Don't think it's a great policy. Small business can't open those hours it's just not feasible.

The major issue with epas as someone who works with health systems is they tried to make it everything to everyone which is was not designed to do. They basically turned off heritage systems and could not replace them as epas could not keep up with building add ons, and still can't. I still have issues with it 5 years later.

I couldn't even go to a pub in the CBD/Norf Adelaide on a Sunday night, I literally could've caught a plane back to BH and arrived back to more nightlife.

Sent from mTalk

The major issue with epas as someone who works with health systems is they tried to make it everything to everyone which is was not designed to do. They basically turned off heritage systems and could not replace them as epas could not keep up with building add ons, and still can't. I still have issues with it 5 years later.

Apparently many doctors don't even use it at all, even after being directed to do so. There is no buy in. Alot of work to do there. Would love to be involved actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back