Toughest thing you’ve ever seen on a footy field?

Remove this Banner Ad

I once did the exact same thing that Cresswell did. There wasn’t anything tough about it. Just agonising pain, tunnel vision and an insistent voice in my head screaming “Must. Get. Kneecap. Back. In. Socket.”

Instant relief once I knocked the patella back in. It took me 4 or 5 swipes, just like Cresswell.

I never did get knee surgery to tighten the ligaments back up. Damn knee-cap pops out every now and then when I least expect it and I fall over in a screaming heap. I used dislocate it in my sleep when I rolled over the wrong way. Probably should get it fixed.
BS! If that was a Hawthorn player you’d be claiming it was the toughest thing you’d seen

The half time 'Little League' matches in the 70's and 80's, when the kids no bigger than match sticks played on the full oval, with about 2 x 10 minute halves. Amazingly both teams usually managed to score something, even at Waverley.

The half time 'Little League' matches in the 70's and 80's, when the kids no bigger than match sticks played on the full oval, with about 2 x 10 minute halves. Amazingly both teams usually managed to score something, even at Waverley.
I played on Waverley in little league, if you were in the goal square you could only just see the heads of the kids in the other goal square cause of the rise through the centre

In my opinion there's no act that's been as brave or tough as Jason McCartney running onto a football field again after enduring hell on earth. The mental toughness to get somewhere near a physical condition to run out and play a game like footy, after the injuries he sustained, is amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion there's no act that's been as brave or tough as Jason McCartney running onto a football field again after enduring hell on earth. The mental toughness to get somewhere near a physical condition to run out and play a game like footy, after the injuries he sustained, is amazing

A crunch last quarter performance too.

Think he had two kicks, one was a goal, the other was a contested assist.

I remember crying because Richmond seemed to be on track to make finals and that loss felt like something we were typically too weak to recover from.

Turned out to be true, only won one match for the rest of the season and it was against probably the worst team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back