Social Off Topic Thread - Revival of the House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the 4k tv thing is such BS.

4k dvd's and stuff shot in 4k is great. No question.

Problem is, hardly anything is shot in true 4k.

Then, practically nothing is transmitted in 4k by the networks.
Then, streaming services try to stream in 4k but the compression needed to get down the bandwith requires the 4k squished down so much that its crap by the time it gets to you.

FOX in the US shoots stuff in 2k and 4k.

An EVERYTHING Fox transmits from master control is 720.

SO your brilliant 4k tv's are getting 720 and upscaling it. Nothing 4k or 2k native about it. Hell, it aint even 1080p.

Point is, the blurbs are great......and full of s**t.
Go Catters
Yeah but an Xbox ONE X runs selected games at native 4k.:thumbsu:

If they are half players Handscomb and Holland are 5% players.
It took you 3 days to come up with that.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Kitty what are your thoughts on Labor's proposed dividend imputation change?
Know nothing about it Kram, what are they going to do?

I've been too busy rattling the Rosary Beads for Ablett + Dangerfield to be fit for Sunday.

I'll ask em what they think! See if I can find the footage haha.
Yeah I'm sure I'll be ok. Was due for a skin graft on my leg yesterday but unfortunately it got infected and will at least be another week before they can try it again. 2nd time it's been put off. Bit depressing but pain meds and Discovery channel are cheering me up lol.

Hey Spazz Cat, why don't you join us in the Mad House for some giggles?

Well, how annoying your leg became infected! Will you stay in hospital for the week, or can you go home?

You sound so cheery all the time, no idea you're in pain, or is the pain relief making you extra cheery? ;)

Discovery channel? Only watched it rarely. I'm mostly a Showcase, BBC First, Masterpiece Movies + Binge TV person, plus AFL of course.

Know nothing about it Kram, what are they going to do?

I've been too busy rattling the Rosary Beads for Ablett + Dangerfield to be fit for Sunday.
I think it's something like people don't get the cash refund anymore (on franking credits?) if they are below the tax threshold.

Hey Spazz Cat, why don't you join us in the Mad House for some giggles?

Well, how annoying your leg became infected! Will you stay in hospital for the week, or can you go home?

You sound so cheery all the time, no idea you're in pain, or is the pain relief making you extra cheery? ;)

Discovery channel? Only watched it rarely. I'm mostly a Showcase, BBC First, Masterpiece Movies + Binge TV person, plus AFL of course.
I looooove Discovery. When we used to have Foxtel it was preety much all I watched on it +National Geo.
No not in pain all the time haha. Had an accident at work bout 2 weeks ago. Pain has been ok except since yesterday cause I started running a really bad fever which is making me feel horrible.
But hopefully out tomorrow and back on Tues. Just pissed off that I'm gonna miss out on all the usual stuff I do over Easter, Queens Bday etc haha.

Gero re-watching a doco have you seen the list of the drugs that Morrell had Hitler on towards the end of WW2?

No wonder he made a lot of stupid decisions.
It's just gobsmacking! Some seriously full on drugs! Cocaine, oxycodone, a bromide derived barbiturate, heroin.

The propaganda ensured that Hitler was seen to work tirelessly for his country, who wouldn't allow toxins to enter his body, no coffee, no alcohol, + a vegetarian. Oh! + also Hitler didn't touch women.

The truth is he did drink, mainlined pig's liver extract + took bull's balls pills lol

What about Pervitin, which was in Hildebrand's chocolate + housewives were prescribe two to three pieces a day, to help them get the vacuuming done lol

Also the meth German military were given to keep them awake + given them extra stamina.

I looooove Discovery. When we used to have Foxtel it was preety much all I watched on it +National Geo.
No not in pain all the time haha. Had an accident at work bout 2 weeks ago. Pain has been ok except since yesterday cause I started running a really bad fever which is making me feel horrible.
But hopefully out tomorrow and back on Tues. Just pissed off that I'm gonna miss out on all the usual stuff I do over Easter, Queens Bday etc haha.
Sounds like a burn Spazz Cat? The infection would cause pain? You'll be home to watch the Geelong game at least? But is it going to take that long for recovery, until Queens Birthday? :eek:

I think it's something like people don't get the cash refund anymore (on franking credits?) if they are below the tax threshold.
WTF? That stinks for low income earners, who are supposed to be their target market!

Won't affect us Kram, because we're such huge earners :joycat::joycat::joycat:

Sounds like a burn Spazz Cat? The infection would cause pain? You'll be home to watch the Geelong game at least? But is it going to take that long for recovery, until Queens Birthday? :eek:
Yeah burn. Yeah the infection has made it hurt a lot more. Before that was ok though. Just Panedine Forte.
Is 5 days in hospital but am looking at 8 weeks after that till I'm allowed to go back work , go fishing etc.

It's just gobsmacking! Some seriously full on drugs! Cocaine, oxycodone, a bromide derived barbiturate, heroin.

The propaganda ensured that Hitler was seen to work tirelessly for his country, who wouldn't allow toxins to enter his body, no coffee, no alcohol, + a vegetarian. Oh! + also Hitler didn't touch women.

The truth is he did drink, mainlined pig's liver extract + took bull's balls pills lol

What about Pervitin, which was in Hildebrand's chocolate + housewives were prescribe two to three pieces a day, to help them get the vacuuming done lol

Also the meth German military were given to keep them awake + given them extra stamina.
You gotta be a hardcore campaigner to mainline pigs liver haha. Sounds like something James Hird would get into.
I remember hearing something about housewives in the 60's being prescribed ecstasy to "cheer them up"
I'd say there's been many an army on meth speed. It was the only way many of the chopper pilots in Vietnam could do such extraordinary feats for so many hours on end.

Yeah burn. Yeah the infection has made it hurt a lot more. Before that was ok though. Just Panedine Forte.
Is 5 days in hospital but am looking at 8 weeks after that till I'm allowed to go back work , go fishing etc.

:eek::eek::eek:

I 'think' that some burns aren't as painful as they actually burn through the nerves *shudder*

It's crazy to think that eight weeks is nearly June! This year is already going too fast.

How amazing is the treatment of burns these days, with such huge medical advancements?

Hang in there SpazzCat, hopefully the eight weeks will fly by as quickly as this year is disappearing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back