2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S
Those rookies are just there to fill space until teams are announced. Thanks for the heads up though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve since read some opinions from more west coast knowledgeable people than I suggesting Ryan will play all year and venables has a chance to aswell so might be safer than I anticipated.

Was just thinking rookie small forwards can be quite inconsistent and a couple of down weeks can get you dropped.

Okay - so followed the very sound advice on this page and took a snapshot of my team, then deleted. Started again and went dangerless knowing I need $200k kitty for an upgrade. rookies flexible.
Team 1 - still has danger but have the option to switch for kelly and have enough in kitty to upgrade
Team 2 - has an extra 150K to play with - A. upgrade JOM, or B. upgrade coffield/naughton to $300K def,

Thoughts /feedback on which team or maybe its time to try a third time.... I am soo confused. TEAM 1
team 1.jpg TEAM 2 team 2.jpg

S

I’ve since read some opinions from more west coast knowledgeable people than I suggesting Ryan will play all year and venables has a chance to aswell so might be safer than I anticipated.

Was just thinking rookie small forwards can be quite inconsistent and a couple of down weeks can get you dropped.
Yep. Venables is Shuey MK2. Kid can play so he's pretty much best 22.
Is sexy and I want him in my team if I can fit him in. If Fritzl doesn't play he's locked.

Ryan is mature aged and dominated the WAFL last year. Think he kicked the most goals in the comp.

Rioli is a Rioli. Will carve up teams with 10 touches but will be injury prone in his early years until he gets used to AFL demands.

Waterman is the 2nd son of a club champion. Hes a medium sized forward who will be better than Darling as he's good at ground level similar to JK.
He will play round 1, 2 and 3 but once JK is back will get squeezed out.
In my dreams he dominates and we drop Darling to East Perth reserves but I won't be picking him.

Cole is best 22 for mine but will be dropped if his form is no good. I rate him and can see him playing 20 games.

Watson is a fairly raw young skinny kid but can find the ball and takes the game on. He will get a taste at some point but don't see him lasting long enough to make us cash.

Out of all these delicious rookies Venables Ryan and Cole has the best JS and scoring potential.
See Venables going 65-70.
Ryan 55-60 with a few games in the 80s 90s.
Cole a slow burner that might surprise. 60 maybe more.
Rioli won't get through a whole season but can make us money. Expect 60 from him.
Waterman 70 but only for 3 games.
Watson no idea. Still too early for him.

Venables the best if the lot but SC wise Ryan might make us more cashola and make it earlier on.

Okay - so followed the very sound advice on this page and took a snapshot of my team, then deleted. Started again and went dangerless knowing I need $200k kitty for an upgrade. rookies flexible.
Team 1 - still has danger but have the option to switch for kelly and have enough in kitty to upgrade
Team 2 - has an extra 150K to play with - A. upgrade JOM, or B. upgrade coffield/naughton to $300K def,

Thoughts /feedback on which team or maybe its time to try a third time.... I am soo confused. TEAM 1
View attachment 471253 TEAM 2View attachment 471254
2nd team is more balanced and has the better back line and potential keepers.

Midfield of the first team is great but your backline suffers for it.

Personally unless Danger us named I'd be going team 2 but make a plan to get him in asap

2nd team is more balanced and has the better back line and potential keepers.

Midfield of the first team is great but your backline suffers for it.

Personally unless Danger us named I'd be going team 2 but make a plan to get him in asap

cheers,
which line do you think I should use the extra $150K to strengthen (will still have $200K for danger upgrade)?
thinking JOM to cogs? then upgrade to danger?

Last edited:

View attachment 471253 TEAM 2View attachment 471254
Personal preference but i like the idea of picking Danger intially then if it looks like he will miss a few then changing him to another premo and banking the cash to try get him in further down the track.
Both pretty solid teams although i'm not a fan of Caddy( supercoach tease) and i think there are better options for r2 besides Jacobs and old man Sandilands. Just my opinion though.

cheers,
which line do you think I should use the extra $150K to strengthen (will still have $200K for danger upgrade)?
thinking JOM to cogs? then upgrade to danger?
That's exactly what I would do.
Cogs is a safe pick at his price but for Danger anyone is disposable.
Spend it on your backline. Another way to go about it is to switch Sicily forward for Caddy or Walters and grab a top premo down back, or just up grade Sicily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back