Kyabram DFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a Thirds team to play against Murch-Toolamba next Saturday at Murchison.

We are playing Dookie United in the 1sts and 2nds and it looks like their 3rds won’t get up. 10am start.

PM for more details.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

my understanding is that the junior review did not take into consideration what the specific sub committee suggested and has left a sour taste in many people's mouth. Furthermore, the capping of players in March serves no purpose other than to try to break up families which country footy is based upon. A family is not going to travel from echuca to mul on a Saturday and then turn around and travel to Shepp on a Sunday because their two boys can't play at the same club. 1 club each year wins a flag and football is a whole lot more than a 4ths premiership medal. Incidentally I'd think many clubs would get a medal for kid if they have trained all year and not made the final side.
It has also done nothing to prevent junior players swapping because of the varied age groups which most thought was suppose to be one of the outcomes.

My My - interesting how you always jump to conclusions and create commentary not having taken into account the full context of the original comment. I never mentioned any reference to splitting up families or travelling to play in one comp on a Saturday and another on Sunday, nor did I mention 4ths?

I was making comment that relates to some clubs in one league being overloaded with junior player numbers whilst others in neighbouring league/s struggle week to week to field teams and that some equalization of numbers could have some benefits. You can't and shouldn't force anyone to play at any specific club but there are certainly ways that could be broadened and better utilised to allow flexibilities to give neighbouring clubs/leagues the potential to help each other out, because every kid who wants to play should be able to have the most opportunity to experience as much game time as possible and not have that opportunity stifled by stupid bureaucracy from those whose egos get in the way of the good of the game.

Haven’t heard much out of undera ?? Any news ? Players signed? Looking at a long year again with a tough draw ?

Haven’t heard much out of undera ?? Any news ? Players signed? Looking at a long year again with a tough draw ?

Before x'mas they were one of the only clubs announcing players they would of signed 10/15 new lads.
They have had good pre season form and speaking with a committee member over the weekend the clubs in a good position both on and off field.

They will be disappointed getting the draw they got.

How did all the practice matches go yesterday

Avenel went down to Congupna by about 10-12 goals in a 25 min 4 quarter game. Game went quite well considering Avenel only had 7 senior starters on the ground. Big thanks to the couple of Congupna boy’s who come across and pulled on the Avenel jumper too to help out.

My My - interesting how you always jump to conclusions and create commentary not having taken into account the full context of the original comment. I never mentioned any reference to splitting up families or travelling to play in one comp on a Saturday and another on Sunday, nor did I mention 4ths?

I was making comment that relates to some clubs in one league being overloaded with junior player numbers whilst others in neighbouring league/s struggle week to week to field teams and that some equalization of numbers could have some benefits. You can't and shouldn't force anyone to play at any specific club but there are certainly ways that could be broadened and better utilised to allow flexibilities to give neighbouring clubs/leagues the potential to help each other out, because every kid who wants to play should be able to have the most opportunity to experience as much game time as possible and not have that opportunity stifled by stupid bureaucracy from those whose egos get in the way of the good of the game.

HEY - The Roar is Back - found this on an old GVFL thread - what made you change your stance?

"Bring in under 14's and cap the amount of players any junior side can play during a year."

"The Roar Is Back", Jan 20, 2016

Avenel went down to Congupna by about 10-12 goals in a 25 min 4 quarter game. Game went quite well considering Avenel only had 7 senior starters on the ground. Big thanks to the couple of Congupna boy’s who come across and pulled on the Avenel jumper too to help out.
Heard Huntly beat Lancaster by 20 goals with Josh Evans kicking 10

Good game of footy Rumba vs Stanny down mercury drive Saturday Stanny had a 5 goal lead at half time but couldn’t hold on Rumba got them in the end but only just Rumba missing about 5 players Stanny 8 walk ups out Chaukie would have been pleased with his sides performance as Rumba have recruited well My old side Gig will want to be up and about in round 1 !!!0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dookie got Merrigum by 6 to 8 goals from what I heard. Heard East had a few good players missing too against Tally as well but good signs gor Tally all the same.

Huntly accounted for Lancaster fairly easily, Evans a clear cut about the rest. Shanked a few easy opportunities early but then found his kicking boots. Don’t know the strength of huntly league but they have a fairly solid looking side IMO

Huntly accounted for Lancaster fairly easily, Evans a clear cut about the rest. Shanked a few easy opportunities early but then found his kicking boots. Don’t know the strength of huntly league but they have a fairly solid looking side IMO

Heathcote league is a cut above the Kyabram league. Evans would wanna get his kicking boots on if his reported salary is correct

Agreed ROOTA#6
Heathcote league is a cut above the Kyabram league. Evans would wanna get his kicking boots on if his reported salary is correct
Are you hearing the same figure as me 1350 a game roota he’d want to kick 10 playing on a couple of lancy 2onds players Big $$$ at Numurkah last year gave them nothing in the GF

Are the GVFL bringing in under 14's ?

not yet but as you know it has been discussed, with the first move the introduction of u16's muted in the junior restructuring discussion paper.

Also the question posed was actually about why you have changed your attitude towards capping junior player numbers - (sorry thought surely one so well versed in all things football as yourself understood that?????)

It was a genuine query which you totally ignored - why do you jump to conclusions and want to shut down anyone who has a slightly differing view than yourself?

not yet but as you know it has been discussed, with the first move the introduction of u16's muted in the junior restructuring discussion paper.

Also the question posed was actually about why you have changed your attitude towards capping junior player numbers - (sorry thought surely one so well versed in all things football as yourself understood that?????)

It was a genuine query which you totally ignored - why do you jump to conclusions and want to shut down anyone who has a slightly differing view than yourself?
I'd support measures to prevent one club having massive numbers and the neighbouring club having bugger all , if all had the same age groups . Which is what I believe was outlined as a goal / purpose when the review into junior footy was launched.
I also believe it was a recommendation of the relevant working party in the reveiw.

Heard Huntly beat Lancaster by 20 goals with Josh Evans kicking 10
not sure what game you were at but reckon 10-12 goals was about correct margin' and yes evans did kick about 7 goals most in the
first half thought' the player on him had the better of him in the last half in restricting him. wombats would of had 6/7 players out as well
so did huntly i believe who are going to be a very good side this season and are going to be very hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back