Toast Andrew Brayshaw and Bailey Banfield to debut in Round 1 (Vs Port Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

hey guys pardon the intrusion. just wanted to ask who in your recruiting team is responsible for selecting overagers/mature aged recruits because whoever it is, is doing an incredible job; can he stop. only kidding; spurr ryan neale sutcliffe sandilands i believe now banfield who i think will play well too nothing short of saying im quite jealous when port were linked to some of them, theyre are a few sa boys in there and we had the picks to get them too but we werent game enough/other ideas.

nevertheless i hope for a clean first round game this week with no reports or injuries to either side. i look forward to a tough contest you guys will be tough to play against. much talked about our recruits but i firmly believe wilson and matera will have an equal impact in your side.

all the best and goodluck!
you missed Barlow too mate ;)
We do seem to have a pretty good history with mature agers/later picks, but we can't seem to get the early ones right (running off history). I'm more chuffed about Brayshaw looking the goods at the moment than Banfield tbh, but thanks for the visit!

Hopefully it is a good game and our 'preseason form' doesn't turn into huge disappointment against you guys! Think you guys should get the win but I don't think it will be/hope it isn't as easy as some predict.

I expect Brayshaw and Cerra will have similar careers for Freo.They'll be the shiny new drivers 'til they lose their gloss.
Then there'll be others.
If 3/4 of Banfield, North, Crowden, Jones, Dixon, Duman, Strnadica, Hughes, Meek ....etc etc join them, add this season's recruits...
Voila!!The new vanguard of yooof!!

I remain convinced that Lyon's appointment is the best single thing to happen to the club in the past decade.
Even though I have a real soft spot for Freo Oval, Cockburn ETA probably second.

Really happy these two boys got a gig , And think it is was great the way they let them know early in the week , So they go to training all this week with a spring in their step knowing they are on the plane .

hey guys pardon the intrusion. just wanted to ask who in your recruiting team is responsible for selecting overagers/mature aged recruits because whoever it is, is doing an incredible job; can he stop. only kidding; spurr ryan neale sutcliffe sandilands i believe now banfield who i think will play well too nothing short of saying im quite jealous when port were linked to some of them, theyre are a few sa boys in there and we had the picks to get them too but we werent game enough/other ideas.

nevertheless i hope for a clean first round game this week with no reports or injuries to either side. i look forward to a tough contest you guys will be tough to play against. much talked about our recruits but i firmly believe wilson and matera will have an equal impact in your side.

all the best and goodluck!
I see what you did there, sneaking Neale onto the list. Neale goes down as a late bargain, much in the way Crowden will be seen in the future. 1 pick later, 1 cm shorter - and both raging bulls from SA

This is so un-Freo. Debutants? In round one? :eek:

Thoroughly deserved for both guys! Can't wait to see them in action

I reckon Rossco got a Scrabble board game for Christmas, and has been spruiking this high scoring word "YOUF" ever game !!.

Really happy for Banfield, application & guts, that is what I like to see.

I see what you did there, sneaking Neale onto the list. Neale goes down as a late bargain, much in the way Crowden will be seen in the future. 1 pick later, 1 cm shorter - and both raging bulls from SA

Watch out for Neale, the "wise" men in the Vic media have now discovered him, he is a revelation to them !!!!.

Short arsed nuggety footballers >>>>>>> pretty boy "talented" athletes.

I wonder why they announced them on Monday when there's two training sessions to go.

Did they pass the theoretic part of the pre-season with such a high score that they can't lose their place in the team even if they put in two horrible training sessions.

Edit: They've both fronted up to a press conference this morning

Last edited:
I wonder why they announced them on Monday when there's two training sessions to go.

The obvious answer would be that they pick the team much earlier on in the week than we think. Team is most likely decided before any of that week's training take place, so barring injury, how someone trained in the week immediately leading up to the game is not really considered.

The obvious answer would be that they pick the team much earlier on in the week than we think. Team is most likely decided before any of that week's training take place, so barring injury, how someone trained in the week immediately leading up to the game is not really considered.
I don't think we can make that assumption about regular rounds of the season. For round 1 we have months of preseason to prepare for as opposed to the 5-7 days of other games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing that he wasn't drafted. B & F winner at Claremont.
Nice well rounded kid.
Apparently the Headmaster at Scotch was a big wrap for him, according to Ross the Boss
So glad we got him, and cheap as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back