Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Which of these teams have the worst premiership winning list in AFL history?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on the 2017 premiers for putting away bottom 4 hopeful, Carlton, by 4 goals after an arm wrestle for 95% of the game...

Well we have 4 points in the bag. Let’s see how you guys go. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

The AFL players which makes up the largest number of experts who are inside the clubs speaking on a daily basis with the coaching panels and each other around the league, the ones who are in the real knowledge spot; all have overwhelmingly voted Richmond to rapidly drop down the ladder... now I wonder why that is??? BecAuse the clubs and the coaching panels they deal with obviously thriving highly of Richmond lol.

It’s because the industry has a low opinion of Richmond and their flag side.

Also all over bigfooty clubs are talking about how because Richmond won the premiership that it means any side can win it... now do you think this comment is because club supporters think a great champion side full of stars just so the flag or because a mediocre team just won it?? Lol.

Yu guys have been starved terrible of any respect for your flag, Yu have not even received half the respect that other clubs got when they won their flag.

I do feel sorry for you for this, as it’s ruined your celebrations and ability to soak it all up like others have before you.

Just look forward to the year and focus on the task of trying to sneak into the top 8.
I can assure you nothing you or anyone can say will ruin my ongoing celebrations but thanks for your kind words, I hope our victory in 2018 wont further the obvious trauma you have suffered by watching your teams asterisk dynasty surpassed by the dominant era of Richmond, the peoples club.

My god Richmond looked embarrassing.

It only happened as well after Carlton had a two man bench with kruz hobbling and Kennedy out of the game. Then they finally managed o break away lol.

That was two bottom 8 sides wrestling it it for sure.

Their game plan looks like it has been worked out, and after their system they have no talent to win games from. It’s their system or bust.
Let ourselves get 30 points down to keep the game interesting for our 4th consecutive 90k crowd.
Then we just upped the pressure and cruised to a 26 point win with a dozen more scoring shots, against a team that scored half its score from 50 meter penalties, just a quiet 71 i50's, yeah they sure did figure us out:think:

I can assure you nothing you or anyone can say will ruin my ongoing celebrations but thanks for your kind words, I hope our victory in 2018 wont further the obvious trauma you have suffered by watching your teams asterisk dynasty surpassed by the dominant era of Richmond, the peoples club.

You just barely scraped over the line against the team tipped for the wooden spoon at the MCG.

Just worry about getting your mediocre mob into the finals first, looks like your premiership side will find that a struggle by the looks of things

Let ourselves get 30 points down to keep the game interesting for our 4th consecutive 90k crowd.
Then we just upped the pressure and cruised to a 26 point win with a dozen more scoring shots, against a team that scored half its score from 50 meter penalties, just a quiet 71 i50's, yeah they sure did figure us out:think:

They are tipped by most for the wooden spoon and played half the game with a 2 man bench.

Was embarrassing how average Richmond looked out there against Carlton with a 2 man bench.

The same Carlton side from last year without Bryce Gibbs in it just outplayed you for 75% of the match at the MCG. I couldn’t stop laughing telling myself how you guys have been figured out already even by Carlton.

Will struggle to make the 8 after that performance

You just barely scraped over the line against the team tipped for the wooden spoon at the MCG.

Just worry about getting your mediocre mob into the finals first, looks like your premiership side will find that a struggle by the looks of things
Thats the Cats way, make the finals at all costs then s**t your pants, Richmond are cruising through the home and away racking up 4 points without getting out of second gear, we'll save our best for the other top 8 teams, Adelaide, GWS, Sydney, Power the Dees the Dogs and Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the Cats way, make the finals at all costs then s**t your pants, Richmond are cruising through the home and away racking up 4 points without getting out of second gear, we'll save our best for the other top 8 teams, Adelaide, GWS, Sydney, Power the Dees the Dogs and Essendon.
Is that the same Dogs outfit that finished 7th and 10th in the last couple of seasons?

Carlton aren’t finals they are bottom four material, and you could hardly get a hold of them until their bench was taken down by injuries, they beat you for the majority of the game.

Your game plan has already been figured out, and given how s**t your talent is, you will not make the 8, bookmark it

Is that the same Dogs outfit that finished 7th and 10th in the last couple of seasons?
I expect them to scrape in, I have Geelong at ninth at the moment they are too star oriented then the rest of the team falls off a cliff talent wise, will need to beat Dees or will probably struggle to grab another fruitless finals spot.

Probably would have won if they had a full rotational bench. Explains why they ran out of puff at the end of the game.
Their best chance was if Richmond had missed every shot at goal, we were so far in front in all other areas apart from 50 metres for.
This team will beat some mid level clubs like the Maggies and Cats, they are building quite a lot of talent.

Probably would have won if they had a full rotational bench. Explains why they ran out of puff at the end of the game.

they did play better then Geelong did in last year's QF.

They looked good actually, will probably beat you guys because they actually attack the ball and don't need to stage for free kicks

Grounds matter even more when everything is so flattened out and equalised. What’s going to seperate the mediocre tigers from Adelaide or Geelong?? Basically the MCG was the only point of difference.
It's nice that you think the Tiger's premiership sides from the 60's 70's and 80's were superior to Geelong's drug addled sides of this century, and that you admit that there is no way that little Geelong could compete without it's home ground advantage. But instead of the constant winging and demanding ever more handouts and unfair advantages, why can't your pathetic club learn to stand on it's own 2 feet?

It's nice that you think the Tiger's premiership sides from the 60's 70's and 80's were superior to Geelong's drug addled sides of this century, and that you admit that there is no way that little Geelong could compete without it's home ground advantage. But instead of the constant winging and demanding ever more handouts and unfair advantages, why can't your pathetic club learn to stand on it's own 2 feet?

What hand outs are you talking about? We are the only club who actually does put in money for the ground they play on. We should get the same as everyone else and have the AFL and government pay for it all. How much did Richmond pay for the MCG redevelopments years ago? Or any work done?? 0$

Nah that was when the competition was part time amateurs and had not tapped into the full potential of the country. Still had everything divided back then not VFL SANFL WAFL.

they did play better then Geelong did in last year's QF.

They looked good actually, will probably beat you guys because they actually attack the ball and don't need to stage for free kicks

Two bottom 8 sides where on display last night. Your game plan has been figured out, Carlton easily for out of your forward half. Other clubs will have it worked out too.

Richmond won’t make the 8

Their best chance was if Richmond had missed every shot at goal, we were so far in front in all other areas apart from 50 metres for.
This team will beat some mid level clubs like the Maggies and Cats, they are building quite a lot of talent.

Bad kicking is bad football, having the two man bench cost Carlton the game, they would have kept controlling the match and run over you in the end if not for the depleted bench.

You have been figured out. We know you have no talent, so once your game plan is exposed it’s bottom 8 bound for tigers

Ah, well. Hopefully Hardwick teaches the boys about the importance of safe spaces. Not just to Richmond supporters, but to opposition players taking their kicks.

I expect them to scrape in, I have Geelong at ninth at the moment they are too star oriented then the rest of the team falls off a cliff talent wise, will need to beat Dees or will probably struggle to grab another fruitless finals spot.
Luckily we have enough talent to have a cliff to fall off, I suppose.

Being around the top for the last 10 years has been wonderful, and I suspect we'll be there again this year - but it's a long season.

Thankfully we don't play the frenetic style of footy that lead to Footscray's GF then quick decline when the game-style took it's toll. What about you gu....oh :(

Back