How many weeks for Caddy?

Remove this Banner Ad

He’ll get none and rightly so. Players rarely go for trying to get the ball.
I think thats now changed.

I can agree he may have had the ball as his intention, but so much these days is
1. Protect the head
2. The consequence of the action

Based on Mackay going off , possibly concussed, I can see a game being offered at best.

I suspect he was going for the ball and for that reason I don't think he should be suspended. Or put it this way, I don't think you can be sufficiently sure that he wasn't going for the ball to be able to suspend him.

He clearly tried to get the ball, but then followed through with a lot of force, late.
You don’t need to do that to block the ball.
Interesting if they call it striking or not, probably not given the open hand, which might bring it down to 1.
Comparisons with Douglas are ridiculous. If u bump when u have other options, and get the head, you get suspended. Douglas lucky it was 1 given the concussion (even though it looked a ripper bump at full speed and some slow-mo angles)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fine for Fogarty for a deliberate cheap shot and a week for Caddy for an accident when going for the ball.
I don’t get the whole outcome being the deciding aspect, just encourages dirty actions as long as you don’t hit too hard, and rubs out legitimate actions if another player happens to get hurt.
Caddy knew what he was doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back