Match Details

Broadcast
  • FTA - 7/7HD Melb, Adelaide, Perth. 7mate Syd, Bris
  • STV: Foxfooty
  • Streaming: Foxtel Now, Foxtel Go, Watchafl
  • Mobile: AFL Live app, Watchafl
Team News

North Melbourne

North Melbourne has opted for an unchanged line up for Good Friday.

However, the Roos may make a change as indicated by Brad Scott yesterday, when he spoke to the media during his weekly interview.

"We'll certainly pick some extra talls in our squad and then make a decision late," Scott said.

The "talls" consist Majak Daw, last week's travelling emergency, and Ben McKay.

According to Scott, Daw is "fresh and ready to play" and McKay had "probably his best game in defence" last week against Coburg in the VFL.

The pair could be used in combination with Robbie Tarrant, Scott Thompson and Ed Vickers-Willis to match up on the likes of the Saints' tall forwards in Tim Membrey, Josh Bruce and Paddy McCartin.

At the other end of the ground, Mason Wood could be brought in to help bolster North's goal-kicking ability. After missing a chunk of the pre-season with a thumb injury, the young forward is looking for his first game of the season.

St Kilda

St Kilda will take an unchanged line-up into the Good Friday 'Kick for the Kids' match against North Melbourne.

Alan Richardson and his coaching team have opted to back the side that overcame a determined Lions outfit in Round 1.

It's just third time in four years the Saints have kept the same 22 for consecutive weeks.

The decision to go unchanged means the wait continues for several senior Saints, including Luke Dunstan, Sam Gilbert, Mav Weller and Jack Lonie.

Nick Coffield continues to push for a debut, while rookie ruckman Rowan Marshall remains close to selection after being a carry-over emergency for the clash with Brisbane.

If we don't adjust to the radical change in conditions very quickly, then I fear we will get jumped very early.

Saints play Docklands as well as any side at the moment. Hard to see North winning this.

If you get rid of the North this becomes a really good game.

Hopefully the Kangas are up for this one and we get a good one anyway.

Feel free to beat up on the sangas and make them hurt for next week.

I would have preferred the Dogs again this year, but their limited off-field efforts in supporting the game last year meant the AFL took the game off them.

Saints should win, but underestimating North is the last thing anyone should do.

Looking forward to Simpkin by the week. He is going to make the footy world stand up and take notice very, very soon.

I expect Jacobs to Stevens which should quell his output to some extent. Still expect the saints to have too much outside run.

If you get rid of the North this becomes a really good game.

Hopefully the Kangas are up for this one and we get a good one anyway.

Feel free to beat up on the sangas and make them hurt for next week.
Why does getting rid of north make it a really good game? St Kilda would then be playing themselves...

Should get 40k minimum

We would hope, 23K at StKilda v Brisbane = 20K Saints fans and I expect 20K North fans, although the first round would not have done a lot to enthuse the unaligned bystander.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North will be under intense pressure to deliver a big crowd for this game.

Surely 50k is the target to get a pass mark in order for North to retain Good Friday.

Key Factors:

Public Holiday
Only Game In Town
Lots of people don't go away
Huge opportunity to get neutral supporters along.

North says this game will be as big as Anzac Day. (LOL)

Over to you North

I don't know why you bothered with such obvious troll bait.

The poster didn't mention anything about the actual game whatsoever.

North will be under intense pressure to deliver a big crowd for this game.

Surely 50k is the target to get a pass mark in order for North to retain Good Friday.

Key Factors:

Public Holiday
Only Game In Town
Lots of people don't go away
Huge opportunity to get neutral supporters along.

North says this game will be as big as Anzac Day. (LOL)

Over to you North
What neutral supporters would go along to this game? I know it’s a boring public holidays.. but c’mon

I would have preferred the Dogs again this year, but their limited off-field efforts in supporting the game last year meant the AFL took the game off them.

Saints should win, but underestimating North is the last thing anyone should do.

Ok I’ll ever estimate north and change my tip from Saints by 60 to saints by 40

Will be much closer than many are predicting. Saints are pretty average and wouldn’t want to get into a scrap with North

Dont u think we should wait more than 1 week before we decide who is average and who isnt?? I mean saints are currently higher on the ladder than essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back