Song Contest Part XI, Host: Loonerty, Theme: 2010s Hip-Hop, Votes Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2016
In the basement, mixing up the medicine.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I haven;t even gotten a response :(

DroopStDanny is a very busy man at work. He just spent his half hour lunch break replying to all outstanding PMs and didn’t get time to eat. He is now back with his nose to the grindstone.

Signed, DroopStDanny's boss.

DroopStDanny is a very busy man at work. He just spent his half hour lunch break replying to all outstanding PMs and didn’t get time to eat. He is now back with his nose to the grindstone.

Signed, DroopStDanny's boss.
NaturalDisaster and his chicken wings dislike this.

If some people don't know the Stones very well - which some of the younger participants might not - they might not know it. I didn't actually think it was up there with some of their biggest hits to be honest in terms of popularity.
giphy.gif

Bet you wouldn't billy it if it was a white folk singer.

I billied your disgraceful whore choice btw. Ruby Tuesday isn't that good a song anyway.

It wasn't a whore choice, that song has a lot of meaning to me, and pretty disappointed people would suggest it was a whore. Not surprised in your pretty dismal taste that you considered that worse than the billy winner though.

A song that everyone knows and is widely-renowned as a classic isn't a whore choice? What's the point of playing if you're just going to nominate something everyone knows?

I've always nommed songs that I like personally and mean something to me, whether or not other people like them. And since I came third, it's not as if I should stop doing that, hey?

If some people don't know the Stones very well - which some of the younger participants might not - they might not know it. I didn't actually think it was up there with some of their biggest hits to be honest in terms of popularity.

After all, the other band I was considering was The Kooks, wouldn't that have been fun?

As somebody who has previously nommed Ruby Tuesday, I declare it to be a whore nom.

On the topic of folk singers...

As somebody who has previously nommed Ruby Tuesday, I declare it to be a whore nom.

On the topic of folk singers...

In my mind a whore nom is only a whore nom if the person nominating it is doing so purely based on how well a song has done previously (i.e. nominating it because they know it will get them votes). I did no such thing, I just nominated a song I loved that I thought people would like.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I've always nommed songs that I like personally and mean something to me, whether or not other people like them.

Me too. I also assume that because I'm older than most people on here some of the songs that are well-known to my age group aren't as familiar to younger people on here. Like the BANGA I've nommed this round.

In my mind a whore nom is only a whore nom if the person nominating it is doing so purely based on how well a song has done previously (i.e. nominating it because they know it will get them votes). I did no such thing, I just nominated a song I loved that I thought people would like.
Personally I don't think it has anything to do with your intent, while I'm sure you didn't nom it intending to whore, it doesn't change the fact that it's a whore nom.

Personally I don't think it has anything to do with your intent, while I'm sure you didn't nom it intending to whore, it doesn't change the fact that it's a whore nom.

In all honesty I actually thought it was the opposite purely because I didn't think anyone would realise the Stones were named after a song, as the host didn't until I nommed them. I feel like Kooks noms were more whore-y because they required so little effort to come up with and were samey sort of pop music that would get easy votes from people (hell I gave two of them votes). Guess we all have different definitions of a whore.

I do find it funny when people refer to songs that will get large numbers of votes in a derisive way when that's the whole aim of the game.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I actually give zero *s if anybody doesn't like my noms. ya'll can lick my hairy nuts to be frank.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think I'll probably win with my virgin BANGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back