Who is more hated? Geelong or Hawthorn? - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened once versus Scott flapping around in the coach's box like a bird every week about decisions that don't go his way. Mouthing to the camera throwing his arms in the air. Is really poor and am surprised he hasn't been told to stop being a petulant child in a time when the AFL is trying to garner respect for umpires let alone by the club. Now we see Ablett getting up from contests with me me me body language being upset for not getting a free but this is ok because my coach doesn't get in trouble for it.
It's called passion.

He still doesn't abuse young kids, belt spectators or punch holes in coaches box walls so maybe Clarko could take a leaf out of Scott's book.

I hope its us that everyone hates because that means they fear us or envy us and want to be like us.
Go Hawks

Is he more or less of a traitor than Burgoyne, Gunston, Frawley, Mitchell, O'Meara, Impey, McEvoy, O'Rourke, Henderson, Hodge, and Lewis?

Gibson. Lake, Franklin, Dew, Sam Mitchell, Hill. Hale, and Josh Kennedy should also be noted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will have to see how the season plays out, atm I hate Geelong more they remind me of 2016 Hawthorn, winning games when they shouldn't (except for last week) but it annoys that Hawthorn are already coming good again.

Will have to see how the season plays out, atm I hate Geelong more they remind me of 2016 Hawthorn, winning games when they shouldn't (except for last week) but it annoys that Hawthorn are already coming good again.
Someone's salty. Enjoy your wins over the two most irrelevant clubs of the competition?

I quite liked Geelong when they were a dominant side. They played an exhilarating style of footy which was fun to watch (when it wasn't against us). I turned against them a bit due to a dirty act by Selwood in a home & away game, where we looked a chance early, which led to a free kick against Newman for retaliating just as Dusty marked in the goal square. It turned the momentum of the game and I can still remember the smirk on Selwood's face afterwards. That turned me against him - not the alleged ducking. More recently, they have reverted to an ultra-defensive style suited to their weirdly-shaped home ground which guarantees them a finals entrance followed by the whinges from their supporters that they're not allowed to play finals there. They, along with North fans, have been the saltiest on this forum after our win last year - worse than Adelaide fans who you would think would have more reason.

Hawthorn's a strange one. I loathed them in the 1980s when they were winning premierships every year with boring big-arsed Dunstall plonked in the goal square. I've also disliked the middle class, dry area, Liberal voting vibe of the club and...Jeff Kennett - need I say any more? But I actually don't mind the football team in its current manifestation. I also like Clarkson whereas Scott is an annoying whingy twerp.

I quite liked Geelong when they were a dominant side. They played an exhilarating style of footy which was fun to watch (when it wasn't against us). I turned against them a bit due to a dirty act by Selwood in a home & away game, where we looked a chance early, which led to a free kick against Newman for retaliating just as Dusty marked in the goal square. It turned the momentum of the game and I can still remember the smirk on Selwood's face afterwards. That turned me against him - not the alleged ducking. More recently, they have reverted to an ultra-defensive style suited to their weirdly-shaped home ground which guarantees them a finals entrance followed by the whinges from their supporters that they're not allowed to play finals there. They, along with North fans, have been the saltiest on this forum after our win last year - worse than Adelaide fans who you would think would have more reason.

Hawthorn's a strange one. I loathed them in the 1980s when they were winning premierships every year with boring big-arsed Dunstall plonked in the goal square. I've also disliked the middle class, dry area, Liberal voting vibe of the club and...Jeff Kennett - need I say any more? But I actually don't mind the football team in its current manifestation. I also like Clarkson whereas Scott is an annoying whingy twerp.

Instead of being mad at Selwood for doing what’s best for his team, you should be mad at Newman for giving away the free kick. Sad that no one can look internally for fault, always looking for someone else to blame. Similar to the arm shrug. Everyone is so mad that Selwood gets the free kick but never mad that their players are producing such sloppy tackles which lead to the free kick.

Oh and please forgive us for wanting finals on our home ground! How dare we ask for such an outrageous request!

for this?

Last edited:

That's insulting.

One team was a three-peat champion team, the other will be lucky to be a three-peating prelim losing team.

That's insulting.

One team was a three-peat champion team, the other will be lucky to be a three-peating prelim losing team.
Maybe I should rephrase it. What I mean is the frustration I feel when geelong win the tight games reminds me of the frustration when Hawthorn were doing it early 2016. The difference is that I like most football fans were sick of Hawthorn winning all the time. My beef with Geelong is they keep winning all the time with a list I don't think is that great.

Maybe I should rephrase it. What I mean is the frustration I feel when geelong win the tight games reminds me of the frustration when Hawthorn were doing it early 2016. The difference is that I like most football fans were sick of Hawthorn winning all the time. My beef with Geelong is they keep winning all the time with a list I don't think is that great.

I know what you meant, I was just being facetious ;)

Back