Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Play football, most likely.

There are teams that do seem scary. The Tiges are definitely not one of them to me.

Well presumably that would be the intent of both sides, wouldn’t it?

My point is, they rolled us easily last year, and I don’t see that we’ve gained any ground on them.

Doesn’t make them THE best side necessarily, but one good enough to beat us again imo.

Gotta take the good with the bad, you don’t mention his goal from outside 50 and long runs down the win.
Classic BF response
Haha, I'd only been watching from partway through the second so that was honestly the only time he stood out to me.

Haven't seen him as particularly good in their previous games either, but he's not exactly someone I pay much attention to.

Well presumably that would be the intent of both sides, wouldn’t it?

My point is, they rolled us easily last year, and I don’t see that we’ve gained any ground on them.

Doesn’t make them THE best side necessarily, but one good enough to beat us again imo.
Rolled us easily? In the fourth of the QF maybe. It was a scrappy arm wrestle to 3QT, and that's not mentioning the game a few weeks earlier where we beat them well (albeit at KP).

Plenty of teams are good enough to beat us, especially in our current state. I just don't see what specifically about the Tiges should be so scary.

Rolled us easily? In the fourth of the QF maybe. It was a scrappy arm wrestle to 3QT, and that's not mentioning the game a few weeks earlier where we beat them well (albeit at KP).

Plenty of teams are good enough to beat us, especially in our current state. I just don't see what specifically about the Tiges should be so scary.

I’d say an end margin of 50 points, or whatever it was, qualifies as a comfortable win.

Didn’t once mention the Tiges were ‘scary’. Simply pointed out that, as good as it is to see the Hawks getting done, we should perhaps sober our delight with the thought of what mght be happening if we were playing them today instead.

Would the outcome so far be any different? I think not.

Haha, I'd only been watching from partway through the second so that was honestly the only time he stood out to me.

Haven't seen him as particularly good in their previous games either, but he's not exactly someone I pay much attention to.

Did you see the small package they showed him at half time?
I think he actually reminds me a lot of Mackie and Dasher
He’s actually really quick too, which you wouldn’t think by just looking at him

The standard of both sides in the QF was appalling, one of the worst-quality finals I've ever attended. The only good footy played by either side was by the Tigers in Q4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say an end margin of 50 points, or whatever it was, qualifies as a comfortable win.

Didn’t once mention the Tiges were ‘scary’. Simply pointed out that, as good as it is to see the Hawks getting done, we should perhaps sober our delight with the thought of what mght be happening if we were playing them today instead.

Would the outcome so far be any different? I think not.
Football matchups aren't very linear, though. One of the unique characteristics of Richmond is the small forward line - this means they couldn't exploit us the way Hawthorn did, for instance.

And when we look back at the 8 quarters of football played between us and them at the end of last year they were only clear winners of one of them.

Not saying they couldn't beat us, of course they could - especially our current, unsettled form. But I don't think of them as a troubling matchup relative to some of the other threats out there. And so I will enjoy this game without any trepidation for what might come back to us.

Football matchups aren't very linear, though. One of the unique characteristics of Richmond is the small forward line - this means they couldn't exploit us the way Hawthorn did, for instance.

And when we look back at the 8 quarters of football played between us and them at the end of last year they were only clear winners of one of them.

Not saying they couldn't beat us, of course they could - especially our current, unsettled form. But I don't think of them as a troubling matchup relative to some of the other threats out there. And so I will enjoy this game without any trepidation for what might come back to us.

Fair call

Did you see the small package they showed him at half time?
I think he actually reminds me a lot of Mackie and Dasher
He’s actually really quick too, which you wouldn’t think by just looking at him
I have to juggle watching with appeasing the baby I'm looking after, halftime highlights packages are for other people ;)

Actually love watching McIntosh for the tigers play
Beautiful love kick and loves to take the game on
I must have seen a different McIntosh play for the Tigers

Man Mitchell really puts his teammates under pressure with those dinky up and under kicks.

Having a decent sized defender on Roughead seems to work quite well (who woulda thunk it) pity we didn't try it last week.

Reckon we flushed four premiership points down the toilet in that one.

Also Riewoldt still the biggest chip scab in the history of time.

Having a decent sized defender on Roughead seems to work quite well (who woulda thunk it) pity we didn't try it last week.

Reckon we flushed four premiership points down the toilet in that one.
Who would we have put on him? Harry T, Henderson, Mackie or Lonergan...

Man Mitchell really puts his teammates under pressure with those dinky up and under kicks.
His kicking is very very "un Hawks" isn't it... And it's why I reckon he gets given space, the opposition wants him to kick the ball as he'll likely give it back or cause a 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back