MCG to host GF through to 2057

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe they should put Brunton Ave underground and build a huge entertainment complex backing into the southern stand

That way the corporates can attend. Get entertained wined dined but take turns to watch 15m of Sport like they do at Flemington spring carni

AFLW, local community engagement, buying votes for the next election, etc, etc

Funding comes with strings though, will be interesting to see what they are
the afl can fund their stadiums themselves. the state gov has trains schools and hospitals to build.

Hopefully there’s some sort of provision to redo Richmond Station. Can’t speak for jolimont as I never use it, but getting into Richmond is a real squeeze and banks up past the Swinburne Centre sometimes. Even getting in at the back entry is a struggle now
There is. That was announced too.

AFLW games.
aflw isnt going to make the state any of their money back and football isnt a public service or utility. the afl can fund their money sink themselves. supporting womens football? how about supporting women victims of violence first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No problem with it staying at the G, best ground in the country. I do however like the idea of introducing a second game, to be played at the higher seeds home ground. So some years you could have 2 games at the G, others you would have one game there and another at the Adelaide Oval for instance. Seems a good compromise. Percentage splits it if it's 1-1.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

the afl can fund their stadiums themselves. the state gov has trains schools and hospitals to build.
Funding infrastructure usually involves council's and governments
Whether it's where the money should be going is separate but AFL don't own anything other than the docklands

Already big enough. And will remain so for some time.
Imagine it's things like lights for Ikon park, improved facilities like toilets, parking/transport access etc

I'm looking forward to watching minnow Victorian clubs play in a stadium that is 1/5 full during the regular season.
I'm glad! Finally someone from interstate who is looking forward to watching footy at the G! See it isn't that hard everyone! Be like this guy right here!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back