Tom Boyd 'not in the best 22', admits skipper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is he a 1 million dollar a year player? Absolutely not.
Well, he is. That's what he gets paid. My question is whether that's been justified by his overall performance.

Has his contract been justified? Yes. He could peel oranges for the womens side from now on and I'd think it was justified.
Because Boyd = flag.

I said Boyd may well have been worth the risk at the time the Bulldogs recruited him. I can understand the Bulldogs' thinking.
This is exactly the OPs question. The question isn’t how much would I pay for each game he played after the event.

So what?

This is your argument now?

Someone asked another question earlier so you can't countenance a different one?
The general objective is to answer the thread question isn’t it? Not sure what you mean by your second comment.

The general objective is to answer the thread question isn’t it?
I am not limited by it.

Not sure what you mean by your second comment.
You don't know what countenance means? That's OK.

I'll rephrase it: Someone asked another question earlier so you can't consider a different one?

I am not limited by it.

You don't know what countenance means? That's OK.

I'll rephrase it: Someone asked another question earlier so you can't consider a different one?
The penny’s just dropped on your username. Have fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet Jesus' assumption is that everyone who contributed to the flag should be paid the same. So he either believes that the water boy's on the day are incredibly underpaid, or he is a communist.

You left out a 3rd option:

3) Not the full quid.

Too late, Snakey. You already rolled over.

You're like a little kid who gets to the top of the water slide but chickens out and has to walk all the way back down past the other kids.

Now the water slide is closed. You missed your turn.

You're flyin champ.:thumbsu:

iu

Last edited:
In hindsight with what we know now. Absolutely I, and every Dogs supporter would do the deal 100/100.

In terms of the contract, it is a bit of an issue. By all reports heavily frontloaded so hoping he’s ‘only’ on around 700k into the future.

I think the front loading is a myth.

He was the 4th highest paid player in the AFL last year.

I'm not putting any spin on it. That's what you're doing.

Boyd's overall performance has not justified his pay packet. It's that simple. Where's the spin?
I did suggest there is a wider context, where the value has been achieved. Why don't you respond to my point, or do you only exist in silo existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back