Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over $9,000 in new bookmarks for Dutton’s new offices. Isn’t this the same government that used to scream ‘budget emergency’.

http://abc.net.au/news/2018-04-19/home-affairs-executive-hq-to-cost-$1.8-million/9674920?pfmredir=sm
Meh.. media beatup. Rebranding costs money, whether it's private sector or public sector. Home Affairs is a very big portfolio, so the rebranding expenses are not going to be small.

That said, I don't think there was ever a need for the creation of a super-ministry (Home Affairs) in the first place - without which there would be no rebranding, and no bookmarks. But that's a whole other issue.

Interesting bit of information on the cornflute.

After the election, the CSG approached Nat Cook to see if she would donate some cornflute to the CSG to use as lettering templates. Cook responded by donation 72 of her cornflute posters to the group.

Won't bother this household's vote at the next election, we won't be voting for Liberal or Labor with both Parties having hopeless Leaders and second rate Cabinet and Shadow Ministers in the main.
So I pass Maths?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get back to me when it's actually 50/50 and IMO Labor wins with Greens preferences at 50/50 anyway.

Probably because Malcolm's been overseas and hasn't managed to stuff anything up in that period. :)

He's a dud and there's no way anyone will ever convince any different.
So I pass Maths?

And you’ve got Bruce liking your posts, that should give you a fair idea of the quality of it.

LOL

So it's not OK to sit on your ass and make no effort to find paid work or participate in training that might lead to employment while bludging off those that do work and pay taxes. :thumbsu:
They're looking into other alternatives. Apparently it's reasonably popular with both sides of politics.

To quote the article:
The idea of UBI – appealing both to the left, which hopes it can cut poverty and inequality, and to the right, which sees it as a possible route to a leaner, less bureaucratic welfare system – has gained traction recently amid predictions that automation could threaten up to a third of current jobs.

This particular model didn't work out. Looks like they'll probably try again with another version.

They're looking into other alternatives. Apparently it's reasonably popular with both sides of politics.

To quote the article:
The idea of UBI – appealing both to the left, which hopes it can cut poverty and inequality, and to the right, which sees it as a possible route to a leaner, less bureaucratic welfare system – has gained traction recently amid predictions that automation could threaten up to a third of current jobs.

This particular model didn't work out. Looks like they'll probably try again with another version.

Job Guarantee concept rapidly gaining traction, perhaps that'll be what they give a go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back