NEAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour has it that Grayson has been moved on by the Sharks, it’s a shame he was a good player but miles ahead of himself, looked as though he thought he was still on the Suns list the way he struts.
Wonder where he’ll show up next?

Good Footballer, but let down by the McKenna Era, plays a hard and fast game of footy and if Southport feel that he is not good enough to hold a place in their side, then he has made a large error in judgement regarding culture or then being a player with Southport this year requires a halo and a golden staff, which has not been the case for a number of years. Any Southport replies on this issue??????

Go on....someone on our forum must be willing to have a go !

Justa,
Just like last year, the comp is very much AFL Biased therefore so would be the tipping comp, as one good immortal sportsman (on the screen at least once said) "Quote" Life is like a box of chocolates! You don't know what you get until you open in it *end quote I think* Lets just move our lives forward 2 years to an AFL Reserves comp and put us all out of our long suffering misery and let us play State and Territory footy again!!!!!!!

TIPPING COMP

Folks, time to show your skills - it's time to start the NEAFL 2018 footy tipping comp.
No rules really, except that your tips must be in by the bounce of the ball. YES, YOUR TIPS MUST BE IN BY THE BOUNCE OF THE BALL
No prizes either really, other than bragging rights.
Anyone can enter.
If you miss a week then you get the away team.
Miss two weeks in a row then you're out, unless you ask nicely for a reprieve.

If you want to discuss varying these rules, or adding more, then I'm happy to engage. But let's agree on the rules early before the season starts.

Come on punters, put your name down...............be there or be square !

I'm in.

Rumour has it that Grayson has been moved on by the Sharks, it’s a shame he was a good player but miles ahead of himself, looked as though he thought he was still on the Suns list the way he struts.
Wonder where he’ll show up next?

This is true Basher, I'm lead to believe he is trying to get back to Victoria under good mate Darren Cresswell, but the players down there voted no, after what he did last time he was down there. [ I'm not sure if it is true, but he is rumoured to have had a roll in the grass with the captains wife] The players at Southport voted he not return either, so I'm not sure either where he will end up.

TIPPING COMP

Folks, time to show your skills - it's time to start the NEAFL 2018 footy tipping comp.
No rules really, except that your tips must be in by the bounce of the ball. YES, YOUR TIPS MUST BE IN BY THE BOUNCE OF THE BALL
Anyone can enter.

If you want to discuss varying these rules, or adding more, then I'm happy to engage. But let's agree on the rules early before the season starts.

I'm in.

I'm in!

TIPPING COMP

Anyone can enter.

I'm in.
I'm happy to join. I also note the NEAFL website is running it's own tipping comp with $500 first prize.

http://neafl.com.au/join-our-neafl-tipping-comp-for-your-chance-to-win/

I'm happy to join. I also note the NEAFL website is running it's own tipping comp with $500 first prize.

http://neafl.com.au/join-our-neafl-tipping-comp-for-your-chance-to-win/
Thanks for pointing this out Grim.
There's no reason to have two tipping comps and I want a chance to win the $500 - and I WON'T win it here .
So I'm bailing to the official comp....someone else can run this one here if you want.

Good luck to all punters, and no using sandpaper to swing the results to your favour !

But that doesn't mean we can't have meaningful discussions about all things NEAFL on here - this forum is WAY more responsive than the NEAFL website.

hey, if you join the official NEAFL tipping comp, have a look at all the punters !!!
I didn't know there were so many interested in NEAFL....they sure don't participate on THIS forum.

Good start to the season by Southport with a big win against Canberra ... I watched quite a bit of it on live stream and they looked very good ,,, certainly have a lot of pace thru the midfield and forward line which blew Canberra away.

Yeah agree, I watched a fair bit and no doubt they look fitter, more organised and skilled. Sharks applied much better pressure than they have for a couple of years and will certainly win more than 4 games this year

Good Footballer, but let down by the McKenna Era, plays a hard and fast game of footy and if Southport feel that he is not good enough to hold a place in their side, then he has made a large error in judgement regarding culture or then being a player with Southport this year requires a halo and a golden staff, which has not been the case for a number of years. Any Southport replies on this issue??????

I reckon his type are culture killers so good luck to wherever he ends up.
Sharks proved pretty handy without him.

NT Thunder vs Brisbane was a thrilling game. I'd say it's a good sign to beat the defending champions but obviously the AFL reserve sides are gonna have large turnover in personnel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing loss yesterday by the Hornet Boys every thing to win for, take nothing away from the Thunder they played like they came to win, skill errors cost us dearly when it counted as we nearly snuck up on them in the last Qrt, with only 3 players having over 2 tackles, Payne, Swallow and Toye in a whole game of footy, shows that we need a commitment change at the club and cement should be introduced at training this week for our boys to the harden the truck up!!!!!! We missed IMO Eddie Mallan's hardness around the stoppages, probably not the week to omit our hardest player. This week against Southport is crucial to our season set up, lots of midnight oil needed to turn it around.

Disappointing loss yesterday by the Hornet Boys every thing to win for, take nothing away from the Thunder they played like they came to win, skill errors cost us dearly when it counted as we nearly snuck up on them in the last Qrt, with only 3 players having over 2 tackles, Payne, Swallow and Toye in a whole game of footy, shows that we need a commitment change at the club and cement should be introduced at training this week for our boys to the harden the truck up!!!!!! We missed IMO Eddie Mallan's hardness around the stoppages, probably not the week to omit our hardest player. This week against Southport is crucial to our season set up, lots of midnight oil needed to turn it around.

Agree with Mallan. Played at broady today for Morningside and was one of the better players in the ground.

Sharks are flying but the other qld sides are really battling

Agree with Mallan. Played at broady today for Morningside and was one of the better players in the ground.

Sharks are flying but the other qld sides are really battling

Yes, 2010 Premier, Hornets tackle count per player again today was abysmal!!!!!! While Eddie probably had plenty down at Broadbeach, our boys were not setting records. Sharks are up and about and that was always going to happen, Steve Daniels has bragging rights in round 3, we IMO need to harden up a little with a more physical presence some of our boys had no tackles at all, its all good while the ball is being delivered via silver service, but getting it in a hard ball get makes the other sides respect and that's just not happening at the moment.

Wow canberra delivering a beating to Redland away from home.
Canberra were very good i thought against Sydney, a week earlier. But to come out and beat Redlands the way they did was a fantastic effort. Im not quite sure what to make of Redlands at the moment, recruited quite well. Canberra this week welcome the Hornets who seem to be not traveling so well either at the moment, the demons could be 2-2.

I have heard from AFLQ that this will be the NEAFL's last year and the AFL teams will play elsewhere next year.

Has anyone heard similar?

Congratulations to Aaron Day from Sydney Uni, credited with four goals and 2nd BoG in yesterday's game against Canberra...
which is a remarkable effort considering he was standing on the boundary in civvies for the whole match, operating the headphones !

I caught some lunchtime TV today on the Indigenous free-to-air channel...a doco about Aspley's rise to the 2014 premiership.
Wow, what a story and how exciting it must have been to be there. A skinny Isaac Heeney wearing #58, and Austin Lucy wearing #2 for Aspley. And the coach hasn't changed a bit !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back