Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Remove this Banner Ad

Those big mouths are starting to morph pretty quickly, aren't they?

Didn't Droc say there were several men he knew who hung out in the pine forests down that way?

A taxi driver for one - not Stephen Ross.

Two in the station wagon. The colour of which was not described in the early posts, but was in the final one.

This very violent taxi driver kicked his parents to death while heavily intoxicated. Said he was sleepwalking with his steel capped boots on!!? His Dad was a retired Police Inspector. Think he had ties with the original police in charge of the Gerard Ross investigation.

Wonder if the son lived in Rockingham and had someone run over on his verge at some stage?

13 years for two murders?? That's tough, so he appealed but the sentence was increased to 19 years. Must be due to get out soon, unless he's your taxi driver Smarty.

Is he?

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/silich-gets-life-in-jail-for-murdering-parents-20100416-sj0m.html
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-04-09/former-police-officer-and-wife-murdered-in-perth/2397816

This very violent taxi driver kicked his parents to death while heavily intoxicated. Said he was sleepwalking with his steel capped boots on!!? His Dad was a retired Police Inspector. Think he had ties with the original police in charge of the Gerard Ross investigation.

Wonder if the son lived in Rockingham and had someone run over on his verge at some stage?

13 years for two murders?? That's tough, so he appealed but the sentence was increased to 19 years. Must be due to get out soon, unless he's your taxi driver Smarty.

Is he?

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/silich-gets-life-in-jail-for-murdering-parents-20100416-sj0m.html
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-04-09/former-police-officer-and-wife-murdered-in-perth/2397816
Dunno. Was he a mate of Droc or his other mates who were driving the station wagon and hung out in pine forests north and south?
*It appears on the face of it, that some of Drocs posts have gone missing or uncached from search engines.

"In regards to Gerald Ross who was found in Baldivis; I was riding my dirtbike down that way in the Baldivis pine plantation when i rode past a cross. I thought someone on a bike had come unstuck,as they do quite alot over here in the stix. I went back & had a look & found it was erected by the Shoalwater Task Force who were investigating his disappearance.He was found off an internal track in the small plantation.Bit hard to drive in there with the ruts & sand unless u had a 4wd.Some tracks u can use a 2wd. A few people from the local horse riding school ride thru there." - Phibes

22. Droc claims he lived in the same house with his girlfriend throughout all three murders. TT was restoring his beddy in Droc's back shed. Droc worked security from 7pm until 7am.
23. Post 1913: The person who flew and out of the country after each murder, was from England. A strange character who drove around in an old Ford Cortina station wagon, and an old truck. But the most interesting thing was he almost always jogged everywhere he went. You would come across him up side streets, across parks - though never at all in the city areas, and he was a person that loved to scout old dumping areas for junk to turn into art. One of his favorite places was the pine forests north, and likewise similar areas to the south. He was about 35 at the time of the murders.

Have to agree with Grey Crow on this one Dan, The vector if it starts at Madora Bay and goes to Fountain way doesn't intersect with Gerard Ross's disposal site on the corner of that ammunition facility you've shown, or the disposal site of Jane Rimmer.

It's out by 1.5 to 3 km for each of them. It just becomes a line connecting the two points of Madora Bay and Fountain way which means jack shite I think. There was much discussion by yourself and Smarty, or was it Phantom62 of a zero meridian and lines radiating out from that.

That makes more sense to me as well. Shame you can't reproduce that picture showing that. I'm struggling trying to put overlays on, or figure out how to use the maps.

Its a Google maps solution on the way home at the time based on the fact there was limited freeway and a short cut existed at Woolcoot. Its only how he may have headed home from holiday. Near enough to spend some time in pine forest.

This very period was one where crimes not that a crime of passion were hard to solve. Unlike today, technology was limited. Crimes like these were not easy to solve, of course until you ended up on the criminal database.

So, it is not about some exact vector overlay, more how he may have went home, not that it matters, serial killers are often delusional nuts that don't get things right. You cant work on things being exact. They are very human, and often make mistakes. Work on that premise.

This is not about a person who drew some lines through a UBD directory, or a Greater Area of Perth regional map.

This is how they may have went home, well Googles algorithm of how they would have gone home, minus the freeway extension.

The maps with the blue worms are Google Map's algorithm on recommended route to go from one location to the other. The forest is a small detour.

The vectors are merely the mean path in this case between two points. The blue worm generated by Google maps as the most logical path travelled.

1P4hTeC.jpg

Gerard Ross coordinates: 32° 23.566'S 115° 49.366'E

Last edited:

Where was Gerard Ross abducted from?

100 Kent st? Another street that bounds Curtain University.

Kent street highschool was a special school also, partnered with a military cadet program.

Someone liked being near past education like Huntingdale Primary school bound by Fountain, Patrick way, Shamrock Way. All attributes of Iona isle.

PPwQDFf.jpg

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...lers-are-still-out-there-20170922-gyn884.html

“Two decades on, the person or persons responsible are still evading justice for their heinous crime.

To mark the 20-years, WAtoday has spent the past several weeks speaking to a range of people in an effort to jog memories, but also to encourage those who do know what happened to finally come forward and clear their conscience for good.”

"I do have confidence that everything that can be done, will be done," he said.

"Whoever did this, deserves to be caught and deserves to spend the rest of their life in jail."

Who killed Gerard Ross?

Last edited:

Didn't Droc say there were several men he knew who hung out in the pine forests down that way?

Two in the station wagon. The colour of which was not described in the early posts, but was in the final one.

“An old TV news report mentions an altercation between two people in the street Gerard disappeared from, on the morning he vanished. They were driving a faded brown or maroon station wagon.”

Who killed Gerard Ross?

Dan, when you are back have a few addresses that would be interested in you plotting against your mapping.

Will PM you with the specifics (and GPS coordinates) but for now will just include some of the suburbs in question:

Hamilton Hill
White Gum Valley
Fremantle
Palmyra
Spearwood
South Perth
Myaree

Reference back to Claremont as well.

That’ll do for a start.

Thanks
SA

Last edited:
There was much discussion by yourself and Smarty, or was it Phantom62 of a zero meridian and lines radiating out from that.

That makes more sense to me as well. Shame you can't reproduce that picture showing that. I'm struggling trying to put overlays on, or figure out how to use the maps.

Zero meridian from Phantom62 - sounds like some scared geometry?

Edit: sacred geometry.

I have always maintained that someone in the state of WA has chosen their victims in the individual case by name due to underlying name interpretation. How would someone track their victim you ask? Police have said in media statement on television "This perpetrator is a killing machine"

The question was, how would this serial killer be able to locate these people with such precision?

A psychopathic rhyme of sorts. Riddled underlying messages to police. Maybe a means of communicating to police the crimes were linked?

Considering one missing victim has a surname Spiers, maybe its the psychopathic trait of implementing a theme to their crimes, possibly taunting police about information we don't know.

In this case, it may be Bold Spear (Gerard) Headland (Ross), seeing as Gerard was Scottish born.

Ironically, a horse trainer with the surname Miller, found Gerard while the horse trainer was taking the horse for a run.

Jane Rimmer was found near Miller road by a horse riding business. Coincidence? Probably...

Was Gerards seemingly pointless murder, with no apparent motive, a message to police or someone else by an angry psychopath delusionally making demands to law or politicians?

The name Gerard is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Gerard is: Hard or bold spear. This name was introduced to England from Germany during the Norman Conquest.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard

Ross can be used as a given name, typically for males, but is also a typical family name for people of Scottish descent (Clan Ross). In this case, the name is of Scottish origin.

The family name can also be of German origin; in German, das Ross (or das Roß) means "the steed" or "the horse", derived from Gaelic meaning "Horse Lord" or "Lord of the Horse" due to the righteous bond between anyone with the surname Ross and their relations to horses specifically when paired with the traditional Irish name Aidan (Aedan, Ayden, Aiden).

Another meaning for given name Ross falls under "promontory" or "headland".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_(name)

Gerard and his brother Malcolm left their holiday home on Kent Street at approximately 9.30am on October 14, 1997, with the intention of visiting a comic book store.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/p...-gerard-ross-murder-case-20170117-gtsvgh.html

Gerard Ross.

School holidays perhaps?

Who would be off work then?

Gets down to accountability.

Bundy on, bundy off.

Or not.

Who can say when it falls.

SmartAlec said:

“An old TV news report mentions an altercation between two people in the street Gerard disappeared from, on the morning he vanished. They were driving a faded brown or maroon station wagon.”

Who killed Gerard Ross?

You didn't like my suggestion of Rockingham taxi driver Silich, whose dad was a cop on the Gerard Ross investigation. Violent bloke who managed to kick to death both his father and mother sleepwalking with steel capped boots, so he says. (see above links)

Droc's taxi driver who he wrote his accusing letter to would be the other guess. Would have been around 35 years and who did Droc say the other bloke was? The English guy who put the car through the car crush before returning to England? Not sure. I get mixed up with all of Droc's accusations.

By the way does the identikit photo of the rapist of the teenage nanny just down the road from Iona school in 2010 remind you of anyone?

upload_2018-4-16_20-11-21.png http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/79d16c8ada4327d1b07f9e28091b488c

Last edited:
By the way does the identikit photo of the rapist of the teenage nanny just down the road from Iona school in 2010 remind you of anyone?

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/79d16c8ada4327d1b07f9e28091b488c

Sounds like you do though, no?

“The man is believed to be aged in his 50s or 60s and wearing a broadbrimmed hat with a grey shirt and similar coloured trousers at the time.”

483547_b67ec9d3e85998e461459f21677cac26.png

“..with the children’s parents receiving a call from the rapist on their nanny’s phone warning them not to contact police.”

P.S: It ain’t Stephen Ross. Oh, hang on..

Last edited:

“The man is believed to be aged in his 50s or 60s and wearing a broadbrimmed hat with a grey shirt and similar coloured trousers at the time.”

“..with the children’s parents receiving a call from the rapist on their nanny’s phone warning them not to contact police.”

No I don't know. But those co-incidences that shouldn't be there but they are, with the identikit looking familiar.

Thought you might be able to answer some questions for a change Smarty?

The West Australian _ understands Iona Presentation College has already upgraded security, warning students and reinforcing locks at the boarding house.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/79d16c8ada4327d1b07f9e28091b488c

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn’t post the article but it sounds like a sensbile move given how many women have been murdered who attended Iona.

JR - 9 June - St Columba Day.

Billlions to one of chance.

Named after the Scottish Isle of Iona - founded by St Columba in the Ross of Mull.

“St Columba banished women from Iona. And in the harbour is the Island of Women named Eilean nam Ban”

“But those co-incidences that shouldn't be there but they are”

Does that answer your question?

Last edited:
You didn’t post the article but it sounds like a sensbile move given how many women have been murdered who attended Iona.

JR - 9 June - St Columba Day.

Billlions to one of chance.

Named after the Scottish Isle of Iona - founded by St Columba in the Ross of Mull.

“St Columba banished women from Iona. And in the harbour is the Island of Women named Eilean nam Ban”

“But those co-incidences that shouldn't be there but they are”

Does that answer your question?

Your logic is toast .

Im surprised. Im surprised police haven't found this guy.
Ive met a guy that looks surprisingly like this. Meth dealer to school kids. He lived off Boulevard Ave, City beach for a while I think.
I spoke one my fed mstes. He disappeared two weeks later.

There is quite a few colourful characters left town. Police matter apparently. :)
The heat has turned up.

Where did he get the flowers?

I did some wiring down that way where thr German au pair was raped. She went back Germany.

One house I think in the same street had this 15ft by 5 foot painting of a western geisha girl with an opium pipe slayed out on a day bed hanging on the large wall.

Less than a km from Sharon Masons resting place. There is some eccentric people in that town.

Very compelling.

Last edited:

How would the rapist get the nannys phone mobile number to ring the parents on that phone?

How would he know the number?

How would the rapist get the nannys phone mobile number to ring the parents on that phone?

How would he know the number?

I can see why I didnt comprehend that. Surprised police havent busted him at all driving around with the nannys phone.

How did he know who to ring out of the 30 numbers probably in the phone?
Rang everyone.

Pure genius driving around with the police tracking device.

The car is relatively unique with black mag wheels on hyundai. The car last seen Padbury from memory. Maybe borrowed from a family member or friend and did the crime.

Surprised they havent got him. Probably career criminal that knows the ropes.

Last edited:
Must be a common look as it was a pretty good identikit picture and still no one arrested.

Not sure about a common look - fairly unattractive nugget IMO of a violent predatory rapist.

Agree with you regarding a pretty good identikit - you’d think they would mask their appearance somehow in public given this ID.

Hats and glasses perhaps?

Wonder what other physical descriptors were provided?

Not sure about a common look - fairly unattractive nugget IMO of a violent predatory rapist.

Agree with you regarding a pretty good identikit - you’d think they would mask their appearance somehow in public given this ID.

Hats and glasses perhaps?

Wonder what other physical descriptors were provided?

Im going with NFA (no fixed address). Even if police knew who he was they couldnt find him.

The other is, he cant be on any criminal DNA database after raping the German au pair.

The rapist commits a rape and police have not found anything through familial DNA.

There would have been rapist DNA all over the house and the victim.

The rapist drove off with the phone.

No one recognises the identikit?
May not be a Western Australian?

The car was last seen in Padbury. Gob smacked this hasn't been solved.

Last edited:
Why familiar DNA? No clear that they got DNA from the scene. He may have been experienced at not leaving any.

Did the taxi driver give his DNA when all the taxi drivers were compelled to Smarty?

Which taxi driver?

Are you talking about Stephen Ross?

Who killed Gerard Ross?

BlueE said:
Why familiar DNA? No clear that they got DNA from the scene. He may have been experienced at not leaving any.

Did the taxi driver give his DNA when all the taxi drivers were compelled to Smarty?

Walk into someone's premises with flowers and commit rape without leaving any DNA, no fingerprints?

Familial DNA database searching flanks the perpertrator so even though he may not be on the criminal database they will find the perpertrator by near match.

For example, my cousin was DNA tested because he was rubbing shoulders with Ciara at the bar in the 20 minutes or so she was in the pub.

DNA is also used to eliminate non suspects.

If I were CSK or any other perp, they would have found a match on the database for existing crimes even though it wasn't the purpose of the search. Even though neither my cousin nor I are on the criminal database or committed felony crimes for that matter.

Its like a pyramid scheme for w***ers but not everyone gets to go home.

Its like End of Days where the alien spaceship of justice floats along beaming people up into the flying correctional facility in the sky at random.

You or your cousin dont have to be on the criminal database or you given a sample.

images

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back